Not really, I love my tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 06:17 AM
    After hearing so much bout da new trackpad n wi-fi..I may consider da new tour2...but other than that my tour is a beast..ya dig

11-08-09 09:39 AM
    First I was thinking I might get a bit jealous, then i saw the size of the 9700 compared to the 9000. and I was at ease. Personally I LOVED the size of the 9000, and WISH a CDMA carrier would get a white 9000 with a 3.2 cam, track pad, and double the app mem, it would be mine. But since they are all roughly the same size now, and specs are VERY comparable. I am not so jealous of the 9700 anymore.
    11-08-09 10:01 AM
    Jealous? No.
    Would I like the trackpad? Yes.
    Other than that, I'm happy with the Tour.
    exactly.
    that and os5 would beast, but it's okay, i still love my tour.

tour 2? nah, it'd be nice, but i love my tour.
    the only difference is wifi (not too big a deal for me) and a trackpad, and that's not reason enough for me to upgrade (again)
    11-08-09 11:13 AM
    a tiny bit because of the wifi, however the tour just looks so beautiful, therefore I will stick with it
    11-08-09 11:28 AM
    I am a little jealous of the 624MHz processor, but the 528MHZ processor in my Tour is fast enough for me.
    11-08-09 11:33 AM
    just received my 2nd tour from warrenty dept at big red and it cleared up any and all issues from my original launch day tour. jealous...not any more...the tour rocks!
    11-08-09 11:55 AM
    Love the tour... love the bold 9700... there's just no way in he|l I'd leave VZW. Once the Tour2 launches there will be no noticable difference. I'm REALLY looking forward to the trackpad.
    11-08-09 12:29 PM
    I'm not jelous of the new Bold 9700 at all. It's a minor upgrade and it isn't a Verizon phone either and I wouldn't go back to AT&T. The Tour 2 won't even be worth the upgrade for me. A trackpad and wifi isn't enough for me to buy another new phone.

11-08-09 01:13 PM
    The Tour 2 won't even be worth the upgrade for me. A trackpad and wifi isn't enough for me to buy another new phone.

I agree on this. I'm not really jealous of the 9700.
    11-08-09 01:21 PM
    If it had come out on the VZW network.. I might have kicked myself for not waiting. However, I enjoy having 3g coverage everywhere. And, my Tour (and previously my Storm and Curve) always enjoys the attention it gets from my AT&T friends who ask to borrow it when they have no coverage. ^^
    11-08-09 01:38 PM
    It's............dare I say it.......................a phone.

<goes into karate kid crane position and awaits the fury that is crackberrian in nature>
    11-08-09 01:46 PM
    I am jealous of the trackpad, but I still have my original Tour with a bad trackball. Now that Telus has both, I'm trying to convince them to replace my faulty Tour with the 9700. (Prob not going to happen�)

Either way, I'll have a new 9630 or 9700 soon!

One thing I noticed at a retailer on Friday: the 9700 keyboard is actually slightly bigger (wider) than the Tour's.
    Despite the smaller form factor, the 9700's keyboard goes almost right to the edge of the device.
    Of course the bottom row is much shorter.

11-08-09 01:47 PM
    Being a true CrackBerry addict, I always want the latest and greatest device, however I would not go back to T-Mobile's spotty coverage or AT&T crappy customer service just to get a Bold 9700.
    11-08-09 02:48 PM
    The Tour is sexy, but the Bold is only a Tour on a pint of steroids. So I will stick with my Toury until the Tour 2 comes out.
    11-09-09 11:07 AM
    The Tour is sexy, but the Bold is only a Tour on a pint of steroids. So I will stick with my Toury until the Tour 2 comes out.
    The only difference I've heard about between the two is that the Bold comes with wifi, and I also heard that the new versions of the Tour will have wifi on it to begin with. Kinda sucks for people like me that bought the launch tour, but I needed a new phone and at the time this was the best one. The only problem that I've had with the tour so far is that the GPS volume seems to be much lower than it should be, other than that I have zero complaints.
    11-09-09 02:47 PM
    I havent tried out the 9700 but i do know i am in love with my tour
    11-09-09 03:31 PM
    We all wouldn't mind Wi-fi and some us wouldn't mind the track pad or OS 5.0. I wouldn't go back to ATT for anything. I laugh at all of the iphone users I know that can't make a phone call. My tour works everywhere....
    11-09-09 03:47 PM
    No, but I am now extremely jealous of the droid. Have you looked at the specs on that thing? I just got to play with one today, out of this world. And cheaper than I got my tour for.
    11-09-09 09:04 PM
    Any phone you get will have a "better" one soon after to drool over... For all you Srar Trek fans out there - remember the SNL skit featuring Shatner who came out in a Trekkie convention and announced "Please... it's only a TV show!"

True enough, but what a show and what a phone!
    11-09-09 09:15 PM
    Dude, I don't even care........ lol.
    11-09-09 11:15 PM
    The only thing is the processor but other than that no.
    11-09-09 11:33 PM
    Nope, not jealous of the 9700.
    I would be if it was the size of the original Bold.

I still think the Bold 9000 is the best looking Berry out there. I really think RIM should have stuck with this design as the new Standard BB design instead of the 9630/9700 design, not that I don't think they should keep one of them but they definitey don't need both. I know there is another one of the same size as the Bold coming and supposedly with a touch screen but still.

This is going off topic a bit but I think the ...

Bold should be the standard BB design as far as screen and keyboard size.

The 8900 should be the flagship Curve device (if that makes sense). Maybe keep the 85** as a pay as you go device only and don't call it a Curve or somehting like Curve jr. Along with the Storm and Pearl devices they can handle the consumer end of the market for BB.

Then take either the 9700 or Tour (ditch one design) and call it the Curve Pro or something else all together.

I know Curve jr. and Curve Pro are dumb names but just using them for a quick example. I'm sure they could come with better names or simply call them all Curves with different numbers.

All right time to stop pretending I have been contracted to re configure the Blackberry line up and get back to the job that actually pays me.
    Last edited by mkurz12; 11-10-09 at 08:39 AM.
    11-10-09 08:13 AM
    Nope, not jealous of the 9700.
    I would be if it was the size of the original Bold.

I still think the Bold 9000 is the best looking Berry out there. I really think RIM should have stuck with this design as the new Standard BB design instead of the 9630/9700 design, not that I don't think they should keep one of them but they definitey don't need both. I know there is another one of the same size as the Bold coming and supposedly with a touch screen but still.

This is going off topic a bit but I think the ...

Bold should be the standard BB design as far as screen and keyboard size.

The 8900 should be the flagship Curve device (if that makes sense). Maybe keep the 85** as a pay as you go device only and don't call it a Curve or somehting like Curve jr. Along with the Storm and Pearl devices they can handle the consumer end of the market for BB.

Then take either the 9700 or Tour (ditch one design) and call it the Curve Pro or something else all together.

I know Curve jr. and Curve Pro are dumb names but just using them for a quick example. I'm sure they could come with better names or simply call them all Curves with different numbers.

All right time to stop pretending I have been contracted to re configure the Blackberry line up and get back to the job that actually pays me.
    I really don't see any difference between the way the bold 9000 was designed and the 9630 was designed, but it's hard without looking at them next to each other. All in all I think the size of the tour is perfect, it's slim and doesn't weigh barely anything can't complain about that from my end.
    11-10-09 09:06 AM
    Ive never held a bold in my hand or seen one in person. I feel like I need to. People seem to love the size, or hate it. I personally like smaller form factor in my devices, but Im intrigued by the love for the larger 9000 model.
    11-10-09 09:11 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD