I bought my Tour in mid-Sept and I have not had any problems with it. The trackball functions appropriatly and I enjoy using all the features. I still got OS 4.7 and its still cool to me. When 5.0 comes out I will dwnld it. I got my phone thru Sprint. When I came on this site I see a lot of peeps with problems, are there any people who don't have problems?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 05:38 PM
    i havent had any issue with mine, got it at the end of september. been the best phone i have ever had.
    11-06-09 05:51 PM
    I slipped the VZW CSR a few packs of Trident Layers gum and he hooked me up with the best Tour ever constructed. Amazing device.

11-06-09 05:58 PM
    I haven't had any issues. track ball is working good. I've had mines for 4 days. Works great and I'm loving it.
    11-06-09 06:00 PM
    I slipped the VZW CSR a few packs of Trident Layers gum and he hooked me up with the best Tour ever constructed. Amazing device.

how come no one ever slips me a pack of Trident Layers gum
    11-06-09 06:03 PM
    Have my 2nd one since the end of Sept and its an amazing phone. First one was great but trackball went after 2 months. I'm running 5.0.0.230 and best choice I made! Have removed my SIM card and my signal has been crazy good! I'd recommend thgis phone to anyone.

11-06-09 06:06 PM
    Had mine for like a lil over a week,no problems at all I love this phone..

11-06-09 06:10 PM
    I haven't had any issues with my Sprint Tour, other than:
    1st one had horrid trackball / exchanged
    doesn't run google maps
    doesn't run weatherbug
    the vibrate feature is so light I often miss calls with the phone in my pocket
    When I set a specific ringtone to a caller, it will then ring that tone for all calls, then revert after a battery pull.
    the 2nd phone's trackball is much better than the first, but still far below what I'd imagine any hardware maker's standards for functionality.
    The loudest ringer settings can't be heard -by me- unless I'm in sight of the phone - don't turn any corners on this thing.
    Word Mole is the on-phone proof that your trackball sux. For the love of god, don't ever try and run Brick Breaker unless you've recently won at bingo.
    It successfully runs about, meh...half..the youtube videos I attempt.
    Every once in a while it will tell me the video I just shot is incapable of being played back - bad file format or words to that effect
    I'm frequently told I'm muffled/inaudible on phone calls.
    I keep the phone plugged in at all times at work to combat baffling battery drain. I also own an extra battery and wall charger so I won't run out of power on an unexpected Three Hour Tour (pun intended)

Other than that...I love it! Seriously. I'm addicted.
    (yikes...I had no idea the list of problem was that long - ugly)
    Last edited by Californian; 11-06-09 at 06:35 PM.
    11-06-09 06:25 PM
    Solid device here
    11-06-09 06:28 PM
    I haven't had any issues with my Sprint Tour, other than:
    1st one had horrid trackball / exchanged
    doesn't run google maps
    doesn't run weatherbug
    the vibrate feature is so light I often miss calls with the phone in my pocket
    When I set a specific ringtone to a caller, it will then ring that tone for all calls, then revert after a battery pull.
    the 2nd phone's trackball is much better than the first, but still far below what I'd imagine any hardware maker's standards for functionality.
    The loudest ringer settings can't be heard -by me- unless I'm in sight of the phone - don't turn any corners on this thing.
    Word Mole is the on-phone proof that your trackball sux. For the love of god, don't ever try and run Brick Breaker unless you've recently won at bingo.
    It successfully runs about, meh...half..the youtube videos I attempt.
    I'm frequently told I'm muffled/inaudible on phone calls.
    I keep the phone plugged in at all times at work to combat baffling battery drain.

Other than that...I love it!
    (yikes...I had no idea the list of problem was that long - ugly)

Wow I haven't experienced non of that, I do admit the battery drains fast but I be on it all the time. The games werk fine and everything. Maybe each phone is different or sumthin

11-06-09 06:29 PM
    Haven't had any issues, except for yesterday I think something got jammed in one of the trackball rollers. Trackball wasn't rolling left properly, but now it's working again today.

Also worth noting I never ran OS 4.7.1 and have only run OS5 hybrids.
    11-06-09 06:38 PM
    Have had mine for about 6 weeks now and have had zero problems whatsoever. This thing is amazing. Love my BB tour and I think I just might get my wife one also, she has the curve.
    11-06-09 06:48 PM
    had my tour bout month and half..had no problems at all..(knock on wood)...my tour is da best phone i've ever had.....
    11-06-09 07:22 PM
    I got my TOUR last Friday and i LOVE it! No problems at all. My fav BB so far.

"Nobody ever pays me in gum." LOL You are rad!

Have removed my SIM card and my signal has been crazy good! I'd recommend thgis phone to anyone.

This sounds like an interesting suggestion. The SIM card is never used unless traveling internationally right?
    I think i will try this ...
    Last edited by wryun; 11-06-09 at 07:33 PM.
    11-06-09 07:30 PM
    LMAO hhahahhaha....ive been using the trident layers line recently too...unfortunately, my water company would NOT accept payment in gum...oh well, still funny!

11-06-09 08:10 PM
    Works great for me!
    11-06-09 08:14 PM
    Solid device here
    same here...
    11-06-09 08:17 PM
    bought my tour oct 2 and no problems whatsoever
    11-06-09 08:31 PM
    No problems here.
    11-06-09 09:38 PM
    Exactly this.

i havent had any issue with mine, got it at the end of september. been the best phone i have ever had.
    11-06-09 09:41 PM
    have had mine for 3 weeks and its build quality is perfect and the OS has been super smooth. got mine at best buy.

it was laggy at first, but i installed quickpull lite and it reboots in the wee hours of the night, and the device works with no lag now throughout the day
    11-06-09 09:46 PM
    had this tour for a bout a month and no real problems. The battery door is kinda loose but no big deal.
    11-06-09 10:08 PM
    ... i installed quickpull lite and it reboots in the wee hours of the night, and the device works with no lag now throughout the day
    That is a great idea!
    11-06-09 10:32 PM
    Lovin mine. No problems or complaints.
    11-06-09 10:40 PM
    Mine has no problems but the OS is sluggish.
    11-06-09 10:42 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD