I sell b2b, and I have all of my business contacts/clients automatically sychronized to my BB from my Outlook. Is there an app out there that will pinpoint on my BB all of my contacts on google maps? or some other map creator? so that after a sales call and when I'm out in the field I can just look at my location and see that I'm close another customer?
    11-30-09 08:15 PM
    I don't know a BlackBerry app solution to your problem. I use Delorme Street Atlas with a GPS on my laptop. You can load all your contacts into the Address Book in Street Atlas and they will show on your map.
    11-30-09 10:58 PM
    Thx for taking a look at this. My company gives us laptops, but I don't have any GPS or connectivity other than a hotspot I can find, and realistically with all of the security/tracking software my IT installs, it takes forever to connect to a wireless signal. Even if I had the program, with the restraints in time, I probably wouldn't use it. Hence the reason for trying to find an app for my BB.

Is Delorme Street very expensive? Anyone ever use MapQuest?
    12-01-09 08:23 AM
    Delorme Street Atlas is a stand-alone program that installs all its maps on your hard drive. You don't need an internet connection to use it, once it's installed and registered. You can buy it with a USB GPS puck for about $70 dollars. DeLorme GPS, Maps & Data: NEW! Topo USA 8.0 Recreation Mapping Software for Planning, Travel & GPS. The perfect companion to the PN-40 blazing-fast handheld GPS, with dual-core processor & high-sensitivity Cartesio chipset. Also offering XMap 6 GIS w.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD