I've had the Tour with vzw since August and I went through one minor update. I'm just wondering if 5.0 might be in the works or it went away. Just thinking that devices like the pearl are getting the OS makes me Gag. I'm at the point wonder if there will be a 5.0 or even any updates for that matter. I know the official OS works ok overall but I'm wondering if RIM still remember about their baby Tour or maybe it got adopted by Apple and they are the one releasing the update!!! (just a joke!) Please anyone let me know.
    12-12-09 02:07 AM
    Many of us are using the leaked .023 version of os5, so we know its under beta testing atleast still. That said I do not think the Tour is forgotten, they are just still ironing out the kinks. 5.023 has been working very well for the majority of users for a while.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-12-09 04:06 AM
    I think he mean leaked os 5.0.0.230... And while u at go to bbhybrids.net and down hybrid version 7.12 works great for the tour.... Until we finally get another leaked os

12-12-09 04:48 AM
    I think many of us are counting the days..

12-12-09 04:51 AM
    I asked Santa for 5.0 and x-mas is just days away, plus i've been a good boy this year, so there's hope for 5.0 real soon.

12-12-09 05:41 AM
    RIM has already told us that the Tour will be getting the 5.0 update. Should be very soon

12-12-09 07:17 AM
    Rim also originally said it would support open gl with the tour but then backpeddled so how can you trust their word so many months later?

12-12-09 07:31 AM
    Of the three bbs I've owned (Curve, Bold, Tour), the Tour has had the most problems out of the box. Even os 61 is buggy.

Very frustrating to have to wait so long for an official 5.0 to fix the underlying problems in what is bb's premier device with a physical keyboard on verizon.
    12-12-09 08:34 AM
    Yep tired as **** of waiting for for it. All kinds of leaked 5 os's on other phone, official os's on lesser phones and nothing worth a **** since .230 on the premier verizon keyboard bb.
    12-12-09 08:56 AM
    Yep tired as **** of waiting for for it. All kinds of leaked 5 os's on other phone, official os's on lesser phones and nothing worth a **** since .230 on the premier verizon keyboard bb.
    thats not RIM's fault.. there not the ones who are in charge of leaks, they have nothing to do with that
    12-12-09 08:59 AM
    Of the three bbs I've owned (Curve, Bold, Tour), the Tour has had the most problems out of the box. Even os 61 is buggy.

Very frustrating to have to wait so long for an official 5.0 to fix the underlying problems in what is bb's premier device with a physical keyboard on verizon.
    Call me a cynic this early in the morning but if you think the OS 5 won't have bugs..... Maybe Rim needs a wider, MUCH wider, beta testing team. Because once they do release an OS and bugs are discovered, they are not quick to fix them. So better beta testing really is needed.
    12-12-09 09:39 AM
    at this point im not even worried about the new os 5.0 everybody keeps talking about when its coming, it should be here shortly but im not pressed about it, everybody just be patient!!
    12-12-09 09:42 AM
    it will be here when its here..
    12-12-09 10:38 AM
    Doesnt RIM create the original 5.0 then Verizon tweaks it to their "standards"? So basically we are waiting for verizon to release it not so much RIM. I'm pretty sure verizon is doing their testing of the OS and just waiting to release it. They take forever with just about everything they do.

All i want is a fix to custom SMS tones that broke with the newest version... pretty please?
    12-12-09 10:45 AM
    Doesnt RIM create the original 5.0 then Verizon tweaks it to their "standards"? So basically we are waiting for verizon to release it not so much RIM. I'm pretty sure verizon is doing their testing of the OS and just waiting to release it. They take forever with just about everything they do.

All i want is a fix to custom SMS tones that broke with the newest version... pretty please?
    yes, its up to the carrier to release 5.0 Verizon has to test it out when RIM sends it to them to make sure its up to there standards and then they release it
    12-12-09 10:48 AM
    mjbesen310, this is exactly what my carrier's rep (Telus Mobility here in Canada) has said time and time again - RIMS creates a generic OS and then passes it on to carriers who then change some of the configuration to make it carrier related, i.e. might not have access to a function that users from Verizon do have.

I spoke to a Telus reps twice over the past two week and both said they had been advised by Telus to expect OS 5.x to be released by the end of December or early January.

Reps also cautioned me that downloading and installing a "leaked" OS and have it crash would be my problem as they would not support it. I would rather wait - its better to be safe than sorry!
    12-12-09 01:21 PM
    I just want the threaded SMS. I got 5.0 on the Storm when it came out and not realizing it bought a tour to find out that it had 4.*** on it. I should've checked before paying but just kind of figured it was up to snuff. Now I wait.
    12-12-09 04:39 PM
    My tour will be here tuesday. I am glad it will not have 5.0. My storm runs better on 4.7 for some reason.
    12-12-09 06:32 PM
    I compare this situation to the Storm1, being out for a year before it got an official 5.0. update within the same month as the Storm2 release roughly.

I believe when we see the Tour2 aka Essex released in Jan.2010, then and only then will be the Tour1 receive an official 5.0. update.

Im taking my theory to the bank...
    12-12-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD