Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone had insight as to when the official 5.0 OS for the Tour will be released.

Thanks,
    Jim
    11-17-09 05:52 PM
    in 3 days.
    11-17-09 06:02 PM
    I've read on the forums people have said that 5.0 will happen for all phones that support it by the end of the year.

Just guessing, and have no evidence to back this up, but we'll probably see the OS right before the Tour 9650 is released similar to the Storm upgrade/Storm 2 launch. The rumors are that Sprint is going to see the 9650 in November/December.

If the Curve doesn't get 5.0 by the 20th (the day the new Curve is released) then you can throw my theory out the window though.
    11-17-09 06:04 PM
    I've read on the forums people have said that 5.0 will happen for all phones that support it by the end of the year.
    Hopefully that is the case... it has been a long wait.
    11-17-09 06:13 PM

Just guessing, and have no evidence to back this up, but we'll probably see the OS right before the Tour 9650 is released similar to the Storm upgrade/Storm 2 launch. The rumors are that Sprint is going to see the 9650 in November/December.

If the Curve doesn't get 5.0 by the 20th (the day the new Curve is released) then you can throw my theory out the window though.
    Remember that the 8530 may drop with a 4.6.X.X OS, or whichever is on the 8520, even thought the 5.0 is coming quite soon.
    11-17-09 07:41 PM
    God I'm so tired of waiting. I have no major issues with my tour but minor complaints. Of course my track ball gets annoying from time to time but hasn't been enough of a problem to go to the store over.

The main thing that really bothers me is the OS. I'm already tired of looking at a dull, cave man like, operating system. I wish we could really get something as nice to look at as the freaking pre or droid. I hope 5.0 is a little easier on the eyes. All i really know about it is threaded text messaging.
    11-17-09 07:51 PM
    God I'm so tired of waiting. I have no major issues with my tour but minor complaints. Of course my track ball gets annoying from time to time but hasn't been enough of a problem to go to the store over.

The main thing that really bothers me is the OS. I'm already tired of looking at a dull, cave man like, operating system. I wish we could really get something as nice to look at as the freaking pre or droid. I hope 5.0 is a little easier on the eyes. All i really know about it is threaded text messaging.
    Just download a leaked os and see what you're missing out on.
    11-17-09 07:53 PM
    im not to tech savy so i figure id just wait for the official release. I realllyyyy hope its soon.. as in.. a 3 weeks or so just a random number.

I like my tour but i already cant wait for my contract to be up.
    11-17-09 07:56 PM
    The 5.0 OS is no surprise to what it actually looks like. 5.0 is running on a couple phones. It's not much different, but the leaked 5.0 for the Tour probably won't change visually much at all in the official release. And expect it to release for the Tour when the Tour2 (Essex) releases.

And seriously, you can be assured that Crackberry will put it on their home page when news comes. If there's no news on the homepage, chances are nothing new is happening.
    11-17-09 08:39 PM
    im not to tech savy so i figure id just wait for the official release. I realllyyyy hope its soon.. as in.. a 3 weeks or so just a random number.

I like my tour but i already cant wait for my contract to be up.
    you dont have to be anymore tech savy to install and try a leaked OS, than you do for an official release.. its not like your installing linux. its all the same, install the os, delete vendor.xml, and run apploader.exe... if you dont like it.. you install a previous working OS and delete vendor.xml (if you need to) and run apploader.exe again.

cheers
    11-17-09 08:54 PM
    i might give it a whirl! whats missing from the leaked thats supposed to be in official?
    11-17-09 09:50 PM
    i have read that BBM 5.0 doesn't work with the hybrid 5.0 for the tour, is this right?
    11-17-09 09:54 PM

why don't you just get a new theme? iBerry Slide is free and pretty neat. Just downloaded it today
    11-17-09 10:15 PM
    why would i get iberry slide i though the whole point of that was the whole "slide to unlock" like an iphone. as in.. for storm.
    11-17-09 10:21 PM
    With iberry, u can slide the trackball. I have it and I love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 10:29 PM
    i have read that BBM 5.0 doesn't work with the hybrid 5.0 for the tour, is this right?
    The leaked version of BBM 5 (5.0.0.8) didn't work with OS 5 but the official release (5.0.0.30) does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD