I get crazy lag when scrolling through menu icons on my Verizon Wireless Tour. I've been reading some threads and people are saying they are experiencing the same lag but no one has posted a fix. Anyone out there know of a fix? I really don't want to take this into Verizon because they tend to screw things up even more. Also has anyone with a Tour have bad com problems with Blackberry Messenger?
    07-27-09 07:52 AM
    See also: the myriad of other posts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 08:00 AM
    Make sure unnecessary programs arent running in the background, Hold Alt then press L,G, L,G and clear the log list, run the memory cleaner in the options menu, Use BlakcBerry Desktop Manager and delete all unused applications/languages/ etc to free up space, Dial *228 on Verizon and push #2 when prompt.

Just things off the top of my head to help run smoother
    07-27-09 08:02 AM
    Clearing log list what is that? Also what does memory cleaner clear out do you need to reset all your settings?

07-27-09 08:12 AM
    Might want to search for memory cleaner... I remember reading about it messing it someone's Tour...

07-27-09 08:19 AM
    @karmonie - There isn't much info out there on memory cleaner. It seems like it should lessen the amount of battery pulls, no? Can you point me in the direction you heard about the negative consequences of using memory cleaner, please?

Thanks.
    07-29-09 03:33 PM
    I have no lag on my Tour
    07-29-09 03:35 PM
    I get crazy lag when scrolling through menu icons on my Verizon Wireless Tour. I've been reading some threads and people are saying they are experiencing the same lag but no one has posted a fix. Anyone out there know of a fix? I really don't want to take this into Verizon because they tend to screw things up even more. Also has anyone with a Tour have bad com problems with Blackberry Messenger?
    It seems to be not software lag, but hardware problems related to the trackball. Boosting the sensitivity to 80 alleviates the problem, but as far as we know the only true way to fix it is to get a replacement phone.
    07-29-09 03:36 PM
    I have no lag on my Tour
    None here either!
    07-29-09 03:38 PM
    Is memory cleaner an app? I went to options>memory and couldn't find memory cleaner. I clicked format and got a prompt saying any formating would erase all of my memory.
    07-29-09 03:42 PM
    you need to elaborate more. Do you have it while using the browser and apps (messenger, sms, 3rd party) as well?
    07-29-09 03:46 PM
    Do not format. Honestly, the best way to clear your memory is just to do a battery pull. But like I said above, this issue seems to be a hardware problem, and the only way to fix it is just to replace the phone.
    07-29-09 03:46 PM
    Is memory cleaner an app? I went to options>memory and couldn't find memory cleaner. I clicked format and got a prompt saying any formating would erase all of my memory.
    It's under "Security Options" on the Tour.
    07-29-09 03:50 PM
    It's under "Security Options" on the Tour.
    Thank you. I enabled it and ran it.

you need to elaborate more. Do you have it while using the browser and apps (messenger, sms, 3rd party) as well?
    I ONLY get the lag with certain contacts with long history opening and sending SMS. I have NO apps running. I've done QuickPull and restart several times to no avail. I just used memory cleaner, and I still have this lag. I plan on going to the store in a few minutes. Hopefully I can get a replacement and use the last backup that I have on my Desktop Manager.
    07-29-09 03:56 PM
    i'm getting sick of the number of new threads being open for this same issue, make a sticky of one of them or something
    07-29-09 03:59 PM
    Weird I have no lag at all. Do you guys shut down all your programs correctly

07-29-09 03:59 PM
    Trust me, I do that and more. I also have around 130mb of app memory available. I get lag quite often. I'm thinking of wiping the device and doing a fresh install and seeing if that does anything.
    07-29-09 04:03 PM
    No lags either. Are the lags accompanied with the timepiece "wait symbol"?

If so, maybe too many apps running in the background. I know I like keeping my GPS Locations running through Google Maps Latitude along with IM's and a few other knick-knacks.
    07-30-09 08:04 AM

Go to your applications folder in options...delete what you dont use/want. HIDE folders/items that can't be deleted off the menu.
    07-30-09 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD