I have to be honest, I'm REALLY starting to get Fed up with my Storm and this looks like the perfect solution. So far no one really seems to have any idea, I was kind of hoping for a timeframe rather than a specific day (if not available) I cant NOT WAIT to dump this thing LOL

Thanks guys and gals!
    06-11-09 11:04 AM
    I have to be honest, I'm REALLY starting to get Fed up with my Storm and this looks like the perfect solution. So far no one really seems to have any idea, I was kind of hoping for a timeframe rather than a specific day (if not available) I cant NOT WAIT to dump this thing LOL

Thanks guys and gals!
    July 13th suposedly...
    06-11-09 11:09 AM
    You can assume that if there were any recent official affirmations of the intended release date it would be a big 'ol sticky at the top of the page. Until then, we have to go with what we have so far from inside sources.
    06-11-09 11:16 AM
    Just a friendly hint before you get attacked -- do a search of this forum for threads regarding the Tour's release date (or time frame). There are plenty alone on the first page.

Several credible sources have mentioned July 13th for Verizon; so you can assume mid-July for time frame.
    But remember, until you see a Verizon ad with a release date estimated dates can always change.
    06-11-09 11:24 AM
    Just a friendly hint before you get attacked -- do a search of this forum for threads regarding the Tour's release date (or time frame). There are plenty alone on the first page.

Several credible sources have mentioned July 13th for Verizon; so you can assume mid-July for time frame.
    But remember, until you see a Verizon ad with a release date estimated dates can always change.
    Oh I searched about 10 threads so far all had a different date some as soon as next week. I did see the 13th mentioned but nothing more than that and of course estimated is fine.. Just was curious how much longer I had to keep this pile on my hip
    06-11-09 11:38 AM
    July 13 was reported by Kevin Byrne of Howard Forums, he is a known verizon insider and his info is usually correct. However july 13 is most likely a target date and it may slip past that. Also verizon has not officially announced the tour, but again its known from reliable sources it IS in testing and verizon logo tours have appeared in pictures and out in the wild.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 11:44 AM
    July 13th suposedly...

But the answer to the original question is no there is no firm date from Verizon Wireless.
    06-11-09 11:50 AM
    July 13 was reported by Kevin Byrne of Howard Forums, he is a known verizon insider and his info is usually correct. However july 13 is most likely a target date and it may slip past that. Also verizon has not officially announced the tour, but again its known from reliable sources it IS in testing and verizon logo tours have appeared in pictures and out in the wild.

I have seen telus branded 9630's, but not yet a vzw branded one, linky?
    06-11-09 11:51 AM
    I have to be honest, I'm REALLY starting to get Fed up with my Storm
    Have you tried the wireless upgrade to the OS? I've been happy with my Storm all along and I've had mine since December, but the new upgrade has made it a totally new phone. I'm very happy
    06-11-09 11:52 AM

yes!!! i agree a 100% with pkcable
    06-11-09 12:19 PM

link 4 verizon branded one please, never seen it!!!!!
    06-11-09 02:08 PM
    time frame would be july...

more precise would be week of july 13th

more precise and for our hoping july 13th
    06-11-09 02:23 PM
    time frame would be july...

more precise would be week of july 13th

more precise and for our hoping july 13th
    Wonderful use of 'deduction'.
    06-11-09 03:24 PM
    And they wouldn't tell Verizon employees to start building a referral list for something that hasn't been released yet.... Right? ;-)

06-11-09 03:31 PM
    And they wouldn't tell Verizon employees to start building a referral list for something that hasn't been released yet.... Right? ;-)

Take a guess how many people have asked me about this phone since it first showed up on phonearena.com late last summer?

And it's only long time Blackberry customers of mine. The general public knows nothing about this phone, and although you all are jumping out of your shorts with excitement, there still remains no information on this phone at all.
    06-11-09 03:53 PM
    Wasn't only talking about the tour, and I have had many people ask about the tour, many of which aren't berry users at this time

06-11-09 03:57 PM
    Greatest text message I have ever received from Verizon goes as follows:

------ SMS Text ------
    Sent: Jun 11, 2009 1:23 PM
    Subject: Free Verizon Wireless Msg: Great...

Free Verizon Wireless Msg: Great News! You are now eligible to upgrade your phone at our Lowest Promotional Prices with a new 2-yr agreement. For details, call 888-483-4025 today! To opt out reply X
    Just waiting on my Tour...
    06-11-09 04:01 PM
    there still remains no information on this phone at all.
    On your end. As seen in another thread, VZW testing centers are currently receiving this phone.
    06-11-09 04:04 PM
    Take a guess how many people have asked me about this phone since it first showed up on phonearena.com late last summer?

And it's only long time Blackberry customers of mine. The general public knows nothing about this phone, and although you all are jumping out of your shorts with excitement, there still remains no information on this phone at all.

and yes you are a rep!

so you can keep posting whatever you wish but when were walking around with the phone in a close time frame of what are good resources are you will wish that you didn't because many people will probably let you know that
    06-11-09 05:10 PM
    Forget the Tour, I want to know when the Curve 8930 (Jupiter) is being released. It's a sweet little phone that's already on T-mo and AT&T, yet nobody's talking about it coming to Verizon. I'm eligible to upgrade, and I'd hate to get a 8330 if the 8930 is coming out in the next month or so.
    06-11-09 05:26 PM
    But the answer to the original question is no there is no firm date from Verizon Wireless.
    No the op original question was time frame if no specific date!!
    Last edited by treyatl2006; 06-11-09 at 11:30 PM.
    06-11-09 11:27 PM
    Have you tried the wireless upgrade to the OS? I've been happy with my Storm all along and I've had mine since December, but the new upgrade has made it a totally new phone. I'm very happy
    I've been running a Beta OS in some form or another since shortly after I got the Storm and yes I'm on .148 now.. still pretty annoyed!
    06-12-09 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD