Since I've gotten my 9630, the signal strength is either one bar or no bars when I am inside. I travel to quite a few places, and the signal drops significantly when I enter any building (shopping mall, grocery store, my home, work).
    My colleagues (who also have Bell phones) have much better signal strength.
    Am I the only one?
    07-14-09 10:56 AM
    Bumping once, only because I don't want to take it back unless it really is an issue, and not me just nit-picking.
    07-14-09 03:48 PM
    Sitting at work right now I have two bars, my co-worker (also bell, diff phone) has four
    07-14-09 04:17 PM
    I noticed my Tour isn't as good as my HTC Touch was with signal strength. I'm in Toronto.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 04:21 PM
    I have 3 to 4 bars (-89dB to -101dB) and I'm in a basement. On my old cell, I have 3 to 4 bars also.
    07-14-09 04:40 PM
    I have 3 to 4 bars (-89dB to -101dB) and I'm in a basement. On my old cell, I have 3 to 4 bars also.
    Can I have your phone , I am on the top floor, and only getting 1 bar.
    07-14-09 09:37 PM
    Sitting at work right now I have two bars, my co-worker (also bell, diff phone) has four
    Same here, my old 8830 has four bars, my co-workers Curve (4 bars), and my nice shiny Tour (ONE BAR). grrrrr
    07-14-09 09:42 PM
    When I was at work I had full bars... But later on when I was running some errands, I had a dropped call, which is something that never happened on my old 8330 :/
    07-14-09 11:26 PM
    I am getting my Tour this Saturday and it will be intresting to see what mine will be like.
    07-14-09 11:33 PM
    Similar problem here, I'm with Telus and I used to have 4-5 bars in my basement. Now I only get 1 or 2 if I'm lucky.
    07-14-09 11:49 PM
    I had 3 dropped calls today at work which is very unusual because I never drop a call at work in the past with my Curve or Storm.
    07-15-09 12:12 AM
    I wonder if this is a "1st batch" issue?
    Gonna hold out for 2 weeks until the first set are gone, and then do an exchange.
    BTW: I was on the phone with a Bell rep on Monday, and they said that their HSDPA service/system was not fully set up. Now I could only take him at his word, but doesn't the Storm run HSDPA?
    07-15-09 08:05 AM
    I'm with Telus and I get the same reception that my Storm did, I actually have them both side by side and they're the same. I have to say I find the call quality on the tour is much better than the storm as well. I don't see any reason why you'd get less reception with Bell on a new phone... If you're coming from Bell and you used to get high reception indoors then it may be an issue. If you had Rogers or Telus for example then you switched to Bell for the Tour then it's possible that the signal just isn't strong enough inside?
    07-15-09 08:25 AM
    Still got 5 bars today.

Signal strength at home last night (midtown) was comparable to the Storm.

Haven't got the chance to check out any known "weak zones" yet, will update when I get the chance.
    07-15-09 09:42 AM
    Still got 5 bars today.

Signal strength at home last night (midtown) was comparable to the Storm.

Haven't got the chance to check out any known "weak zones" yet, will update when I get the chance.
    Is this indoors as well? What city are you in?
    07-15-09 10:01 AM
    I've been paying more attention now. Driving home yesterday I had four but when I got home only 1-2. It doesn't seem to be effecting anything for me yet so I'm just going to wait it out and see.
    07-15-09 10:29 AM
    Can I have your phone , I am on the top floor, and only getting 1 bar.
    Haha, I wouldn't sell my new toy for anything
    07-15-09 10:37 AM
    I haven't had any reception problems yet except with the GPS apps finding my exact location.
    07-15-09 11:17 AM
    Is this indoors as well? What city are you in?
    Downtown Toronto, in an office building at Bay & Wellington.

Will keep an eye on it tonight (probably be wandering about later).
    07-15-09 02:13 PM
    Downtown Toronto, in an office building at Bay & Wellington.

Will keep an eye on it tonight (probably be wandering about later).
    I am just wondering did you order your Tour from Bell online, because they told me it's not being sold until the 17th, so how do you already have it?
    Last edited by Cujo31; 07-15-09 at 02:58 PM.
    07-15-09 02:49 PM
    I am just wondering did you order your Tour from Bell online, because they told me it's not being sold until the 17th, so I am wondering how do you already have it?
    Physically went to the Bell store on Monday on the off chance they would have one in stock, lucked out (they had "several").
    07-15-09 02:58 PM
    I just picked up the Telus Tour and after playing with it for about 10 mins I've decided to return the Bell Tour. The build quality is far superior and this device is heavier. I also have FULL bars on this device and I have since I left the store. I had miserable reception with Telus previously with the Storm, as it turns out the problem was device related.

And for the record, there is NO wiggle with the battery cover door, either. A+. Not to mention that I paid $699 for the Bell Tour but the Telus Tour comes in $100 cheaper at $599. Telus gets brownie points for this one.

Is a 1gb microSD card THAT heavier ?

07-15-09 03:15 PM
    My Telus 8830 has on average 2 bars better reception then my new 9630 does. I'm not impressed. Hopefully a firmware upgrade will correct this...
    07-15-09 03:24 PM
    My Telus 8830 has on average 2 bars better reception then my new 9630 does. I'm not impressed. Hopefully a firmware upgrade will correct this...
    Same scenario here. I too am hoping that an upgrade will take care of the issue.
    07-15-09 03:31 PM
    Yes, it is that much heavier.

Just in case anyone else gets the idea that I am a total and complete *****, and I think that an SD card is making the weight difference, I will clarify:

For an UNKNOWN reason, the Telus Tour is heavier than the Bell Tour. The reps at both stores couldn't figure out why, either.
    We'll probably know more when someone actually open them up. I'm gonna take a guess and think that you won't try with yours.
    07-15-09 03:57 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD