I am almost done with this phone. I thought I had a solid device until about a week ago when I started having trackball issues. I've tried pulling and everything else that I can think of and I have never put it straight in my pocket. After its done being used it goes right back into the holster. I have treated this phone like it is a precious piece of art worth millions and yet I still get crap.

Now that isn't the end of my story oh no. Verizon Customer Service has just gotten ****tier. I don't know if its who I spoke to or what but she tried to put a charge on my account if I wanted a NEW REPLACEMENT (Note they had done this with the first phone but not the two after that) so I asked for a refurbished device overnighted to me and then they tried to charge me for that as well (Which they also had not tried to do before). I am seriously sick of having to replace this phone and today is the first day that big reds customer support has actually irritated me. Usually stuff gets done no questions... Today not so much.

Edit:
    On phone with Verizon again getting them to close the order on the refurb and getting a new device. They are still saying it will show on the bill but I keep telling them that it didn't happen in the first place so whats the exception this time. Had to transfer to a supervisor had some ***** saying the 30 day coverage only covers new model exchanges asked him to transfer me to super and got a smart *** "Yep". Now I seem to be getting somewhere.
    Last edited by ikith; 08-20-09 at 03:26 PM.
    08-20-09 02:59 PM
    Bummer man sorry to hear.
    Have you stopped by a few stores having them open boxes so you can check quality?
    08-20-09 03:30 PM
    I get rejected by every store around. I also have 2 coming to me. 1 refurb and 1 NIB. So I get to test two devices and send the broken one and the other one I don't want back.
    08-20-09 03:49 PM
    I exchanged mine and they did the charge and credit. It worked seamlessly for me.
    08-20-09 04:07 PM
    I exchanged mine and they did the charge and credit. It worked seamlessly for me.
    I'd rather not have the owner of the plan go "WTF IS THIS! WHY IS THERE A 500 DOLLAR CHARGE" I would rather just get a new phone without having that chance thats why I insisted I get the same thing again and thats why I got it . And trust me the plan owner worries a lot so saying it will be credited back does nothing he will still act as if he just spent 500 dollars on my replacement.
    08-20-09 04:11 PM
    I'd rather not have the owner of the plan go "WTF IS THIS! WHY IS THERE A 500 DOLLAR CHARGE" I would rather just get a new phone without having that chance thats why I insisted I get the same thing again and thats why I got it . And trust me the plan owner worries a lot so saying it will be credited back does nothing he will still act as if he just spent 500 dollars on my replacement.
    Thats understandable. I have my own account and to be honest, I never look at my bill. I just assume that I usually bill junk on the account, plus I blocked a bunch of stuff on the other lines.

Hope the replacement works well for you!
    08-20-09 05:07 PM
    so would you if it was YOUR money.....
    08-20-09 05:32 PM
    so would you if it was YOUR money.....
    Actually knowing that I will get the credit back (Had to do this the first replacement and got my money back) vs never have done it before/ someone else is doing it on your bill is quite different .
    08-20-09 05:51 PM
    Did you try cleaning it? Mine stopped to but I had used it without cleaning my hands which I don't do .. Little air and alcohol it's back to what it was.
    08-20-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD