The rubberized sides of my Tour near the top edge (where the earphone jack is on one side and where the speaker is on the other side) appear to be protruding above the bezel. Is this normal, or a manufacturing defect. The battery cover on this Tour is also very loose as it slides up and down. Not sure if the two conditions are related. See the attached pic for a view of the protruding sides.
    08-23-09 12:06 PM
    Mine sticks out on the headphone jack side only. Im not extremely worried about it.
    08-23-09 12:27 PM
    Yours looks pretty much like mine. I don't consider that a defect.
    08-23-09 12:32 PM
    Hmmm... mine on both sides seem to be flush..no loose battery cover here either.
    08-23-09 12:43 PM
    I don't think they're related. I have that issue on the other side and my battery door is tight.
    08-23-09 01:23 PM
    Same here, mine are completely flush (except for the headphone jack itself) and the battery cover is rock solid. I don't either with be a problem, but if you're within 30 days you may want to exchange it.
    08-23-09 01:24 PM
    i have noticed this and mine are most definitely not flush. I'm going tomorrow to get it swapped out due to trackball/ voice quality issues, so we'll see.
    08-23-09 01:38 PM
    mine isnt flush.. but trackball and battery door fit are perfect. not a single issue.. other than the rubber sticking out that OP mentioned... which i had also noticed.. had a slight issue with at first.. but quickly got over.

im happy with my tour and its build quality overall.
    08-23-09 01:44 PM
    mine is protruding as well on the headphone jack side, didn't notice it until a week ago or so but i have no other issues on my tour so i got over it. =D
    08-23-09 05:38 PM
    The rubberized sides of my Tour near the top edge (where the earphone jack is on one side and where the speaker is on the other side) appear to be protruding above the bezel. Is this normal, or a manufacturing defect. The battery cover on this Tour is also very loose as it slides up and down. Not sure if the two conditions are related. See the attached pic for a view of the protruding sides.
    Oh for god's sake. If it falls off the phone or prevents it from working you've got game but try to return a car because the bumper trim doesn't match up perfect after a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 05:50 PM
    Mine is not perfectly flush and I could care a less.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 06:20 PM
    all 3 of the ones i have had have had protrusion on both sides. thats not why i switched them out, but all 3 had it, and my current one does too
    08-23-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD