my friend justin has had his storm for quite some time now and he has had nothing but problems with it. when a phone call comes through to his phone and he goes to answer it, it will freeze up on him and he'll have to do a battery pull. he's on his 3rd one now. so he called verizon yesterday to talk to them about the problem and they assured him the problem was fixed and they would send him another one. the storm he has now is pretty new because he just replaced it with a defected one. so he wasn't happy.

he called them again and spoke with someone from blackberry support and told him the same problems and told him that the problems with his phone freezing up is causing him to lose money because his job revolves around phone calls. the tech told him that every one else he has spoke with loves the Storm so it can't be that bad. Justin replied with "well if you were out with all your friends and you all ordered a peperoni pizza and everyone at the table got a good slice but the one you got had a band aid on it do you suck it up and eat it because everyone else got a good piece or do you take it back for another one?"

so he agree'd with justin on the situation finally and said he told justin to go to the store with his problem and that he will make a note on the account that justin is due for an upgrade for the Tour. he does have to renew his contract but he is fine with that seeing as how he likes verizon.

here is his story that made the front page "15 seconds of fame" on planetfeedback.com

Recognition and Sympathy Go a Long Way | Verizon Wireless (Cell Phones) Customer Service | PlanetFeedback

moral: there is hope for people who are having a lot of problems with their storm
    Last edited by tehman; 07-21-09 at 03:28 PM.
    07-16-09 10:18 AM
    Did he ever get contacted from that letter? I posted on there on tuesday and have yet to hear anything.
    07-16-09 11:44 AM
    Still Looking for that Recognition and Sympathy... | Verizon Wireless (Cell Phones) Customer Service | PlanetFeedback

"I wrote a letter last week on this same topic, and, unfortunately, the situation has worsened. I am thankful for Planet Feedback for getting my story out there. Hopefully, this time around my letter reaches someone actually willing to help a customer. I was previously annoyed. At this junction, I am quite furious. There have been three incidents from the time of the last post that have hitherto left me feeling unimportant and deceived. I apologize in advance if this comes across as a diatribe. However, it is the culmination of these events that have left me feeling absolutely livid. I have been calm and insistent in all of my dealings with Verizon. Never once have I made baseless threats like "Give me a new phone or I'm going to AT&T." I thought someone might take it upon themselves to recognize my dissatisfaction and resolve it. I guess I was too optimistic.

It all started with my Storm freezing up each time I received a phone call. It quite literally cost me a sell because I was unable to answer the phone immediately after a dropped call at the end of business day, and to the same customer returning my message the following Monday. The phone has interfered with my job performance and making money. This is entirely unacceptable.

I was contacted by someone from Verizon Wireless Executive Relations on July 17 after my original complaint letter on PlanetFeedback. I called her back on that same day and left a message. I thought, "Wow, Planet Feedback, sure does work. Verizon is going to help me out here." I would soon learn that was a foolish hope.

I received my replacement Storm on July 19. I called Customer Service to see about taking it into a store and replacing it with a different phone. The Customer Service representative informed me that I absolutely could take it into a store and talk with a manager about switching it. The CS agent informed me that the decision would still be left to the manager whether or not to do it, but that my early upgrade was in a month and they might push it forward, and that they might be able to work with me. He also said that he put in my notes my extreme dissatisfaction. I said "Great. Thank you for helping me."

However, when I went into the store, they pull up my account and in the notes it says nothing about my dissatisfaction. In fact, what it stated was that the CS agent "Informed the customer he would have to pay full retail price, supply his own hardware, or early upgrade." I'm standing there looking like a buffoon, because I trusted what this gentleman on the phone told me. It was as if he was telling me what I COULD do, while making sure that, when verified, his statements would be identical to Verizon's Standard Operating Procedure. The agent in the store was quite short with me so I left, and went to a different store. Strike one.

At the Woodruff Road store in Greenville, SC, the agent, Sharon, was very nice and helpful and brought a manager over to talk to me. Kevin informs me that they under no circumstances would switch to a different model as it is company policy. He then informs me that the Tour is a $500 phone that they can't just give out and replace. I retort that the Storm is actually $10 more full retail. Stunned that I would actually know this information. I tell him my reasoning: It has interfered with my business productivity. He tries to be compassionate, and tells me he can switch it for a Curve. "Wait a minute...," I replied, "I thought you just said it is against company policy to switch to a different phone model?" He informs me it is because it is discontinued.

"So what exactly is Verizon's policy? No switching to a different phone model? No switching to a different phone model unless you downgrade the phone? If you have the ability to switch phones for me why can you not do it for an equal phone like the Tour?" In disgust at his wishy-washy logic and unwillingness to mollify a customer, I left. My hopes of being able to tell the Executive Relations Agent that the issue has already been resolved by a caring store manager has all but vanished. Strike Two.

I quickly gained solace in the fact that the lady from Verizon Wireless Executive Relations would take care of my issue. Strike Three.

I had left Tasha a message on July 17. I called her back on Monday, eager to tell her my weekend customer service fiasco... nothing. I call her on Tuesday. She finally returns my calls on Tuesday afternoon. At this point, I feel VERY important... I explain to her my experience over the weekend. She offers to replace my Storm with... TADA... another Storm! I had just been told by Verizon that this phone was fixed and had no problems. Then my replacement Storm freezes up on phone calls like the last one two days out of the box! I tell her I have no faith in the phone. She says this is the ONLY thing she can do. Quite unhelpful in resolving my issue...

Tasha informs me that the policy is that they only trade phones if you have had three replacements in a 90 day period. Well, that's not true because not only was the store manager willing to downgrade me, but in forums across the internet there reads tales of people getting replacement phones with only 1 or two replacements. Can't trust everything you read, I know. But dozens of them? Some credence must be given.

I understand it is RIM who makes the phone, and Verizon is probably getting tired of BlackBerry Storm complaints. At this point, I am so done with Verizon. At no point along the way, did anyone attempt to go above and beyond to help me out. I've been in retail, and I've been there. I've bent over backwards to satisfy a customer when they HAVE A LEGITIMATE COMPLAINT.

Maybe it is because I have been too nice; maybe it's because I'm only 22 years old and people think that as a young person they can walk all over me. Whatever the reason is, I just wish that someone at Verizon would be helpful and not give me the run around about how "fixed" this flawed device is. As my last post states, "Recognition and Sympathy Go Along Way," I have yet to receive either. I have no faith in the BlackBerry Storm, and my faith in Verizon is dwindling. I just want someone, preferably someone with decision making abilities, to say, "Sorry for the inconvenience and frustration. We will replace your Storm with a Blackberry Tour." That's it. A pretty simple fix, don't you think? I thought it was; Verizon obviously does not."
    07-21-09 03:28 PM
    I didn't even read it all. He's obviously looking JUST for the tour and that's his reasoning. I would be very relunctant to give it to him as well after his initial letter stated he was willing to receive ANY other blackberry including an older model. Now that he was offered that, he declined.

"three replacements in a 90 day period. Well, that's not true because" that is 100% true and the written policy of the multifru procedure. I don't even remember how many phones he said he had replaced. Is he trying to get a tour for free after having one faulty storm?
    07-21-09 04:04 PM
    not too different from my experience.. except, I was able to get a CS rep on my side.

The bottom line is that the store manager has the authority to make it happen for you. After having my account noted that I was clear to make the switch, I had to have CS call a couple stores to find a manager that would do it.

My local store has a manager that is a *****, so I expected him to not help. another store that was a bit out of my way was happy to help.

Since getting my Tour, I had to exchange it due to a couple issues, so I made sure to do it at the store with the terrible manager.. he checked me into the kiosk and I could tell he was NOT happy that I wanted to swap it.
    07-21-09 04:26 PM
    I didn't even read it all. He's obviously looking JUST for the tour and that's his reasoning. I would be very relunctant to give it to him as well after his initial letter stated he was willing to receive ANY other blackberry including an older model. Now that he was offered that, he declined.

"three replacements in a 90 day period. Well, that's not true because" that is 100% true and the written policy of the multifru procedure. I don't even remember how many phones he said he had replaced. Is he trying to get a tour for free after having one faulty storm?
    He is on his 5th Storm...and he doesn't want to trade a still produced phone for a discontinued one...that's why he doesn't want the Curve...the Storm is valued more or the same as the tour, iirc...I see where he is coming from about the Curve being discontinued

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 04:33 PM
    rereading "your buddie's" letters, I am going to call BS on his whole story.

He had ONE single replacement according to his letter.
    He demanded a different phone after his initial storm did not function properly.

There is a PROCEDURE to obtaining a brand new or comparable device. You aren't entitled to whatever you want whenever you want. People need to understand that. There's a reason you need to replace quite a few before being offered a brand new or comparable phone. The first one might be a lemon, it happens. Before the tour hype you didn't hear of people begging for a phone, they'd just get it replaced. The tour isn't a fix all phone sent by jesus and his disciples, read through the threads..ALREADY people have replaced NUMEROUS tours since it's debut. One person i believe is already on his 4th since july 13th
    Last edited by polskasila; 07-21-09 at 04:59 PM.
    07-21-09 04:56 PM
    rereading "your buddie's" letters, I am going to call BS on his whole story.

He had ONE single replacement according to his letter.
    He demanded a different phone after his initial storm did not function properly.

There is a PROCEDURE to obtaining a brand new or comparable device. You aren't entitled to whatever you want whenever you want. People need to understand that. There's a reason you need to replace quite a few before being offered a brand new or comparable phone. The first one might be a lemon, it happens. Before the tour hype you didn't hear of people begging for a phone, they'd just get it replaced. The tour isn't a fix all phone sent by jesus and his disciples, read through the threads..ALREADY people have replaced NUMEROUS tours since it's debut. One person i believe is already on his 4th since july 13th
    I was on my 6th Storm, called CS about getting another replacement for it as I was having some issues with it. The lady was incredibly helpful and sent me out a replacement phone. She then transferred me to the technical support to "further assist" me. They asked what was wrong with the phone and all these questions, I answered. The gentleman on the other end apologized for all the issues, and asked if I could hold. I held, he came back and said because of all the issues I am having with that particular model if I would like to get into another phone. I asked which one, he said the Tour, I said sure. He said ok and took some information, and 2 days later I received my brand new shiney BB Tour. So yes you can just get your phone swapped out. And yes the Tour is the fix all phone. Most issues are for a loose battery door, not hardware issues on a clicking mechanism. Others are complaining about battery life and returning them. But this is easily the best phone on VZW, and arguebly the 2nd best BB made (behind the bold)....
    07-21-09 05:16 PM
    did he have to extend his contract?
    07-21-09 05:22 PM
    I'm with Verizon, new customer as of March. After my 4th replacement, they finally sent me a Tour, free of charge, no arguments just didn't like the phone and after 4, they had no choice but to replace.
    07-21-09 05:53 PM
    I was on my 6th Storm, called CS about getting another replacement for it as I was having some issues with it. The lady was incredibly helpful and sent me out a replacement phone. She then transferred me to the technical support to "further assist" me. They asked what was wrong with the phone and all these questions, I answered. The gentleman on the other end apologized for all the issues, and asked if I could hold. I held, he came back and said because of all the issues I am having with that particular model if I would like to get into another phone. I asked which one, he said the Tour, I said sure. He said ok and took some information, and 2 days later I received my brand new shiney BB Tour. So yes you can just get your phone swapped out. And yes the Tour is the fix all phone. Most issues are for a loose battery door, not hardware issues on a clicking mechanism. Others are complaining about battery life and returning them. But this is easily the best phone on VZW, and arguebly the 2nd best BB made (behind the bold)....

did you bother reading or just had something you wanted to say? I never said you can't exchange your phone for a different model, no one did. I even said it in the post you quoted that verizon allows that....wow. You even said you were on your 6th storm when they offered it to you. Do you realize you completely AGREED with everything i said in the quote but yet you outright said you disagree with the post lol.
    07-21-09 06:29 PM
    Lol...and sorry to inform you but there is no BS on the story...he is a really good friend of mine and I see him on a day to day basis...he has been through a couple Storm's and nothing has fixed the problems he's had...I've done OS upgrades to that that were suppose to fix the problems and it didn't...so he's been sent different phones saying the problems were "fixed"...and he is still having problems...I could never understand his BBM's because he had a screen problem on his last one...they replaced it with another that he is already having problems with and he just got it 2 days ago...he has been going to/calling Verizon for a while now with the problems and they haven't done anything to fix the problem...even before the Tour had an announced release date...that's why he is upset now because people go up there or call and get a replacement when he has been going through a lot of trouble and nothing has been done

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 08:04 PM
    Well sorry to burst your bubble but i think honesty is the best policy. You told us here that your friend had 5 storms replaced. He replied on planet feedback saying he is only on his second storm. If you want help on the forum you need to be honest.
    07-22-09 03:32 PM
    If he's not satisfied then maybe he needs to cancel and move. I probably would have if that I had that much trouble with a horrible phone.
    07-22-09 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD