OK, I know� another battery door question. I searched CB and couldn�t find this addressed but there has been so much ink spilled on this issue already that I could have missed it. If so, apologies in advance...

My NE2 isn�t up until October so my trusty Curve will have to do until then but in the meantime I�m living vicariously through those of you CB�ers who are already using the Tour� lucky dogs!

Last night over beer I was chatting with an �IT guy� friend of mine. He mentioned that he had just set up 5 Tours for an account and being aware of the loose battery door on some that he checked for this. The first Tour had a loose, wobbly door so he decided to check the �fit� of this same door on the other Tours. Interestingly, he found that this one door was loose (in varying degrees) on three of the Tours but fit tight and snug on two of the Tours!

Hmmm... If this was not a total fluke, then it would suggest to me that a warped door is not the problem, rather the "frame" of the Tour is the culprit. I had been thinking that if RIM couldn�t get their QC act together on this issue that someone would probably build a snug fitting after market battery door (in various designs etc.) and even if I ended up with a �loose� battery door on my Tour that I�d likely have an alternate fix at some point. Perhaps not given his observation?

Anybody else try the same battery door for fit on multiple Tours? Curious now what the experience of the collective wisdom here is. Thanks!
    07-21-09 11:07 AM
    Yeah, I had a wobbly door on my first Tour, but that same door fit perfectly on my second Tour. Too bad I'm on my third...going on fourth soon! (Right before the 30 days is up)
    07-21-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD