All, while being a part of this forum since July of 2009, when I purchased my Tour with Verizon, I can't tell you how much I get out of everyone's expertise. I am one of those that was holding out for the official v5.0 OS. I went from 4.7.1.40, which came on the device, to 4.7.1.53 (when I had my first 552 error). Then just yesterday, got the out of memory, tried to remove the app, backed up the device with DM, and third party apps with BBSAK, then did a battery pull. Upon reboot, again another 552 error.

So, with that said, enough of this crap with the v4 os. I followed the excellent instructions on this form for installing v5.0 (5.0.0.230) to be exact. I must tell all of you Tour v4.7 OS users, you just have to upgrade although it's not official. My Tour has new life, is very quick, installs apps faster, browsing seems faster, radio seems better, bluetooth seems better, etc....I could go on forever. Beside the occassional app that wasn't written for v5.0, this upgrade is a must.

Just thought I would share. You should all go for it if you haven't already. Thanks.
    01-29-10 10:37 AM
    Agreed. After having that error 3 times with OS 4.7 i finally swithced to 5.0. Great idea! Shortly after that I learned about the world of hybrids which only add to the greatness of OS 5.0.
    01-29-10 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD