I used to have a Bold, which is a great device on a terrible network. One of the cool things I liked was I could use my media player or pandora and navigator at the same time. The sound would play just fine an neither one canceled out the other. The same thing went for receiving alerts, it didn't cancel out the music playing.

I have since switched to VZW and now have the Tour. The Tour seems to be unable to play multiple sounds at the same time. If I'm listening to music and I get an email, the song stops playing briefly so that the email alert can play. Sometimes the song resumes from the same point and sometimes it starts over. I can not use navigator and listen to music, because the voice directions cancels out the music. Anyone else have this issue?
    11-07-09 08:54 PM
    My music always pauses when I get to the alert sounds upon receiving SMS or emails but I personally don't have a navigation program so I can't say on the full issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 09:15 PM
    Garmin's Navigation also interrupts the music and it has to be restarted again but it seems to continue where it left off.
    11-07-09 11:58 PM
    Yep. Definitely a pain when a text or IM interrupts your favorite tunes. A workaround for this is to create a custom profile with no alert sounds or use the one that is 'Phone Calls Only'. Switch to it when you want to jam.

Less than ideal, I know, but it'll get the job done until something better comes along.

As for preventing Navigator from interrupting the music, no comment since I don't use Navigator. Guessing there's no way to silence the announcements?
    Last edited by wattage; 11-08-09 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Realized I was addressing the point made by rednckfishr, not the original poster.
    11-08-09 12:06 AM
    Yep.. I am having the same difficulty
    11-08-09 01:20 AM
    I wonder if this is a software or hardware issue and if this is unique to the Tour.
    11-08-09 04:39 PM
    I put my Berry on the Vibrate profile. It doesn't interrupt the music and I receive some form of notification.
    11-14-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD