I bought the Storn in November.. kept it 6 months until it booted about 10 times a day. I went to the VZW store and the manager gave me a Curve refurb until the Tour came out. In the store, they said the manager who helped me is gone, that there are no notes, and that I could upgrade only for a one year contract extension for $360 - they did say there would be a $50 - 70 mail in rebate. I called the main Customer service and they said the pricing was correct. Am I an idiot? Suggestions? (The Tour is nice but ****, it's not $360 better than a Curve, I will tell you that!)
    07-12-09 07:05 PM
    LOL, i will tell you that i paid 200 and its worth it but the pricing they gave you sounds correct
    07-12-09 07:06 PM
    sounds like maybe they gave you a 1yr upgrade price ?
    07-12-09 07:12 PM
    I bought the Storn in November.. kept it 6 months until it booted about 10 times a day. I went to the VZW store and the manager gave me a Curve refurb until the Tour came out. In the store, they said the manager who helped me is gone, that there are no notes, and that I could upgrade only for a one year contract extension for $360 - they did say there would be a $50 - 70 mail in rebate. I called the main Customer service and they said the pricing was correct. Am I an idiot? Suggestions? (The Tour is nice but ****, it's not $360 better than a Curve, I will tell you that!)
    I dont know about most ppl, but id be glad to be paying that $360...
    Just like you I had the storm for a few months and couldnt take it much longer..
    I had to pay full retail for the Tour..somewhere like $530 give or take.
    07-12-09 07:13 PM
    was that after tax. i think the 1 year contract was 339 then u get 70 rebate
    07-12-09 07:14 PM
    I paid 229.00 for a 1 year upgrade No MIR, Free overnight shipping. will be here Tuesday !!
    Last edited by crakedparrot; 07-12-09 at 07:18 PM.
    07-12-09 07:16 PM
    I actually just added a line to get the Tour. All you have to do when u get second line is put on regular phone and they have a new plan that is $20 for just 50 minutes. I think it is worth the 199 plus 20 a month to get a good phone.
    07-12-09 07:24 PM
    Well I wasn't supposed to upgrade until December 2010 but when I told the rep I wanted to cancel my line and open a new one for the Tour (I wanted a local phone number, not just for the Tour) the red disappeared in the back for about 7 minutes. She came back and told me they couldn't do that but if I still wanted the Tour they would give me the 1 year price and the $70 rebate... I can upgrade next May... I think I won here right? haha
    07-12-09 07:26 PM
    I paid full retail. You beat me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 07:27 PM
    I had to do the one year upgrade...it was $339 with a $70 rebate so it comes out to be $269. (about $70 more than the 2 year contract price)
    07-12-09 07:28 PM
    Paid 219 with a 70 dollar mir total price 149 1 year upgrade btw (wife's phone)

Mine was free
    Last edited by spaciorek; 07-12-09 at 07:48 PM.
    07-12-09 07:29 PM
    I don't know I bought mine at Best Buy today. It only cost me $99.
    07-12-09 07:29 PM
    Yea the rep moved my upgrade day up to Saturday (coming from storm) so that I could get the tour when i was ready. Since i'm not the primary line I did pay 149.99 at best buy..i think they made you pay way too much.
    07-12-09 07:30 PM
    have you replaced your Storm at all? I was on my 4th.. and when I called the cust support person actually suggested I switch to something else!!

I ended up getting the Tour for nothin.
    07-12-09 07:34 PM
    dude paid the man $102.00 4 mine including screen covers and silcon black jacket, getting $70 back also in a couple of weeks! Also turned in my storm within 30 day period. My storm cost $199, all with a 1 year activation!
    07-12-09 07:41 PM
    I paid 137.08 with the $50 off, and my 8% discount. And got an unlock code.

I think you got jiped
    07-12-09 07:43 PM
    I'm on my 5th Storm and have seemed to strike gold. It works like a gem. I was hoping for more problems and then make the switch to the Tour. Now I can't justify the switch and am very happy with my phone. I guess i'll wait till my NE2 to get the latest and greatest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 07:46 PM
    if i just got my curve last december what can i do to work my around and get the tour for a good price??? and what's the deal with best buy? i've heard good things from them! can anyone explain to me how they got it when they didn't have an upgrade?!?!

thanks!
    07-12-09 07:56 PM
    I actually just added a line to get the Tour. All you have to do when u get second line is put on regular phone and they have a new plan that is $20 for just 50 minutes. I think it is worth the 199 plus 20 a month to get a good phone.
    This is the easiest option to get the lowest possible price. You also don't even need to pay anything on the second line. If the VZW rep is willing to/good enough they can basically create a ghost line that has a random ESN attached to it and no charges at all.

I did this today. I got the Tour for the $199 price and actually decreased my monthly bill by $10.
    07-12-09 07:59 PM
    if i just got my curve last december what can i do to work my around and get the tour for a good price??? and what's the deal with best buy? i've heard good things from them! can anyone explain to me how they got it when they didn't have an upgrade?!?!

thanks!
    Adding a line is the easiest thing to do from the standpoint of avoiding hassle from the VZW people. You can add the "ghost line" which will allow you to get a new phone for the new contract pricing.

I had the Storm and to be honest I think the rep took pity on me and helped me out as she had the Storm too and hates it. Since you have a Curve that presumably works fine you really don't have any reason for a new phone other than you just want it.

Fact is there are no rules. They can move your upgrade date up with the click of a mouse. If you get the right person and are polite and ask them to help you out a little they will likely hook you up......good luck.
    07-12-09 08:08 PM
    I did the 1yr upgrade too, but the guy only charged me 269 for some reason. But I did have to pay the 20 dollar 1yr upgrade fee. So after taxes and rebate, it came out to about 240. I was expecting 339 (per the sign), but that's not how he rung it up. It's nice, esp coming from a LG Voyager.
    07-12-09 08:13 PM
    Adding a line is the easiest thing to do from the standpoint of avoiding hassle from the VZW people. You can add the "ghost line" which will allow you to get a new phone for the new contract pricing.

I had the Storm and to be honest I think the rep took pity on me and helped me out as she had the Storm too and hates it. Since you have a Curve that presumably works fine you really don't have any reason for a new phone other than you just want it.

Fact is there are no rules. They can move your upgrade date up with the click of a mouse. If you get the right person and are polite and ask them to help you out a little they will likely hook you up......good luck.
    hmm alright, sounds good! i think i'll do the ghost line thing. how does that work? when i go to the store i ask them to activate a ghost line?

I did the 1yr upgrade too, but the guy only charged me 269 for some reason. But I did have to pay the 20 dollar 1yr upgrade fee. So after taxes and rebate, it came out to about 240. I was expecting 339 (per the sign), but that's not how he rung it up. It's nice, esp coming from a LG Voyager.
    were you up for upgrade? how did you do that?
    07-12-09 08:16 PM
    I had pre ordered with Verizon last week but saw early this morning on this site that others were getting it from Best Buy for $99. So I called Verizon and cancelled my pre order, the sales rep hadn't processed his pre orders so I wasnt going to have to refuse shipment as others had suggested. The price with Verizon was $199 after $70 discount but with BBY it was $99 for adding an extra line. I went to BBY in Edina MN at 2:30Pm but they didnt get any today so went down to BBY in Richfield MN (next to BBY HQ) and got one of I believe 8 that they received. At 3PM I was the first to purchase the Tour. They had a Blackberry rep there and he spent some time with me showing some of the features. I have a company Curve 8330 so there is not that much to learn, the Ture is for personal use.

So far so good... no problems loading anything and I got a nice easy to remember new number.

T
    07-12-09 08:34 PM
    I dont know about most ppl, but id be glad to be paying that $360...
    Just like you I had the storm for a few months and couldnt take it much longer..
    I had to pay full retail for the Tour..somewhere like $530 give or take.
    I was eligible for the 1 yr upgrade and I got the phone for 269 with the 70 instant rebate so I paid $199 for the tour will be here tuesday.
    07-12-09 08:49 PM
    hmm alright, sounds good! i think i'll do the ghost line thing. how does that work? when i go to the store i ask them to activate a ghost line?

were you up for upgrade? how did you do that?

I was not up for an upgrade. I got the Storm on launch day and am still in year one of my contract.

I would simply say "I've been with you guys for a while and am having trouble with my Curve. I want to upgrade to the Tour and am hoping you guys can help me out". If you get a nice person they'll work with you.

The add a line trick is kind of an easy way for the VZW rep to give you the new contract price without actually moving your upgrade date up. In fact if you do the add a line trick your upgrade date will not reset, which is nice.

Keep it simple. Tell them what you want and be nice. They'll help you. If they say you have to pay full retail just go to another store.
    07-12-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD