11-09-09 01:07 PM
186 ... 34567 ...
tools
    no problems here. I got it two days after it came out. i love it
    09-10-09 02:56 PM
    I also am on my first tour without any probs but a small ripple!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 02:59 PM
    I'm still on my first Tour. The forum definitely gets you paranoid...after reading all the complaints about the trackball and OS lag i would question everything and it drove me crazy for the first month... i have very little movement and the trackball works fine, it's not as smooth as i would like but no issues or freezing....
    09-10-09 03:16 PM
    I'm still on my first Tour. The forum definitely gets you paranoid...after reading all the complaints about the trackball and OS lag i would question everything and it drove me crazy for the first month... i have very little movement and the trackball works fine, it's not as smooth as i would like but no issues or freezing....
    Wait for the official OS update my friend, it should improve your trackball lag or any problems for you, according to people who are running the leak and hybrid OS.
    09-10-09 03:41 PM
    This is my first Blackberry. I've had it for a week and love it!!!!!! No problems.
    09-10-09 05:32 PM
    Absolutely no trouble here either. LOVE it!

09-10-09 05:37 PM
    Tomorrow is 3 weeks for me with my original Tour, once again, July 13th manufacture date. Still no problems, including trackball.
    09-12-09 01:53 PM
    Week 5 and mine is still fine, I think its just like anything that is mass produced, you are always going to have some lemons for ever thousand produced

09-12-09 02:02 PM
    I've had it since it first came out and mine is perfect, no issues.
    09-12-09 02:04 PM
    Week 5 and mine is still fine, I think its just like anything that is mass produced, you are always going to have some lemons for ever thousand produced

Exactly. And most people dont come here to say "Oh my blackberry is perfect" because there isnt much point. Other then reassurance which is why I created this thread. Most people are here to ask questions about problems, which makes it seems like the device has nothing BUT problems. And thats just not accurate.
    09-12-09 02:04 PM
    Maybe Im just lucky. Manufacture date is July 17th I believe, made in Mexico, not green dot. Trackball has always been perfect. Even on 20 horizontal, its slow but functions 100% fine. Also, no OS lag, no screen ripple, slight, and I mean SLIGHT jiggle to the battery door which I worked around with the tape trick (Im getting the Seidio 2600 so it wont matter anyways). Also no creak on the plastic earpiece, and thats even with taking it off and taking my phone apart twice, and still it seems to have great build quality.

Am I one of the few lucky ones, or should I worry for future problems? Im about 2 weeks into owning it, and I absolutely love it. Its my first BB, coming from the LG Voyager on Verizon. Only problems Ive had are some things I know are just software issues. Reading all the negative topics here really made me nervous at first, but Ive yet to have a real problem.

Anyways, I hope to learn a lot from you guys, and hope to be able to provide help as well as I learn more about this spectacular phone. I will never buy a phone outside of blackberry again. If for some reason I cant afford the high verizon bill in the future, Id rather terminate my contract (been with big red for 8 years) and go to Sprint, so I can still have a berry. I dont know how anyone can not love RIM and their great devices.
    No issues here still first unlocked no green dot tour

09-12-09 02:06 PM
    I purchased my tour on 9/8 and have not had any problems. So far it has been great. The box it came in had the green dot mentioned on cb.

09-12-09 02:08 PM
    I expected no "hardware" problem, just like I've had no problems before with any BB I've owned (I always wait as I have no desire to be a beta tester lol).. Software problems.. now that's another story...
    09-12-09 02:13 PM
    I expected no "hardware" problem, just like I've had no problems before with any BB I've owned (I always wait as I have no desire to be a beta tester lol).. Software problems.. now that's another story...
    I think were all in the ****ty software boat. Cant wait for some new official OS, thats for sure.
    09-12-09 02:20 PM
    July 4th build been perfect since release...I thought I would be the oldest BB owner in here but I see 2 peeps beat me by 1 day...dayam.
    Mine was born on the 4th of July too. Mexico 5. No problems.
    09-12-09 06:31 PM
    i ordered mine midnight on day of launch.. july 12th i think? no issues so far.
    09-12-09 07:46 PM
    My Tour is approximately one month old and still working like a dream. Made in Canada 250709.
    09-12-09 09:36 PM
    I got my Tour back in July, and I have had no problems with it. I have a slight issue with the system running a bit slow when dealing with text messaging, but every other program is running like a dream.

I have to admit, when I first got the phone, I was looking for reasons to hate it, because I loved my Curve, but it needed to be replaced, and I really couldn't justify paying over $150 for an older model when I could get the latest for $199. (Plus Sprint knocked off an additional $25 for all of my troubles). But other than the lack of curviness of the Tour, it is by far superior to the Curve.

I couldn't be happier with it.
    09-12-09 09:59 PM
    I have a slight issue with the system running a bit slow when dealing with text messaging, but every other program is running like a dream..

I couldn't be happier with it.
    If it is when you are replying to a text message, it usually is because you have to many previous items, Options>SMS text>number of previous items, I have mine set to 20 and it got rid of my lag. It was set to 100 and I noticed that when I would have long back and forth conversations it would lag when it reached around 40+ previous texts.

09-12-09 10:12 PM
    If it is when you are replying to a text message, it usually is because you have to many previous items, Options>SMS text>number of previous items, I have mine set to 20 and it got rid of my lag. It was set to 100 and I noticed that when I would have long back and forth conversations it would lag when it reached around 40+ previous texts.

Wow, really? Awesome, hope it works. I do have extremely long text messaging sessions with my husband, who's stationed in another state right now.

Thanks!
    09-12-09 10:23 PM
    Mine was born on the 4th of July too. Mexico 5. No problems.
    I thought you looked familiar.

09-12-09 10:37 PM
    #1 and no problems here, I love mine!

09-13-09 12:13 AM
    My phone is working just fine as well. The only time I have a little lag is right after resetting it.
    09-13-09 09:24 AM
    I haven't had ANY problems with my Tour. I bought it on 7/31/09. Love this phone!!
    09-13-09 10:08 AM
    The Tour is a super reliable phone. I traded a bold for it.

09-13-09 02:48 PM
186 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD