Got mine on release day and it runs like a champ. It takes about 9 minutes to restart which is a royal pain but .42 has helped that some. The battery door is loose as can be but the trackball is doing good. My buddy's trackball was crap and he had to return it. It was so bad that he swore of blackberrys as the tour was the first one he had ever used. I tried talking him into keeping it but no luck. I wish it had been released with the trackpad instead but oh well.
    09-09-09 08:33 AM
    Had mine for about three weeks and love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 08:36 AM
    Got mine on release day and it runs like a champ. It takes about 9 minutes to restart which is a royal pain but .42 has helped that some. The battery door is loose as can be but the trackball is doing good. My buddy's trackball was crap and he had to return it. It was so bad that he swore of blackberrys as the tour was the first one he had ever used. I tried talking him into keeping it but no luck. I wish it had been released with the trackpad instead but oh well.
    Wow 9 minutes for a reboot, your phone must be loaded with apps?

Oh and sometime after the essex releases, we will be able to put the keypad thats fitted with the trackpad into our Tour's.
    09-09-09 08:43 AM
    I'm having a problem with my new Tour, but I'm not sure it's really a problem. I probably use my Tour to listen to my music more than as a phone. And I use wired earphones when I listen to my music. Just because I like the way the fit in my ear and the sound better than any bluetooth device I've used thus far. My problem is this... When I had my curve, I had the same ear phones that I'm using with my Tour. With my curve, when I got a call, I'd have to talk into the bottom of the phone, but I could still hear thru the earphones. With my Tour, I have to disconnect my earphones to be able to hear the person on the other end. This doesn't make any sense to me. If the earphones worked with one phone, why won't they work the same way with the other phone?

Please help me?

I'm... Confused
    09-09-09 08:46 AM
    My phone is great! Except that the speaker is a little flimsy at max/high(try playing bachfugue ringtone at max volume - you should hear a little distortion) volumes! anybody else?
    09-09-09 08:47 AM
    Go back to your own thread bond, take that speaker garbage back to the "cackle" thread! lol. just playing. the speaker thing is a little annoying for sure.
    09-09-09 08:52 AM
    mine was made 150809.no problems at all.
    09-09-09 08:54 AM
    on my 1st one that I got July 14. still works great!
    09-09-09 09:00 AM
    There is a lot more July manufacture date Tours then I thought there would be, that are problem free. I expect August ones to be good, but Im surprised Im not the only one who hasnt had the problems. Thanks guys, keep up the posting, so everyone can find some peace knowing their phone is of great quality.
    09-09-09 09:04 AM
    I like this thread! I pre-ordered and got it on release date. My born on date is the 4th of July! That is pretty cool. Made in Canada 1. Did Jim B put this one together himself? JK....

Everything has been running smoothly. I added Berryweather last week after the trial. That has been a great app to have and looks so good on the Dashboard theme. I was a lucky winner of Quicklaunch app and that also is really good to have sitting in the bottom right corner on Dashboard. I have been taking pictures and using them on my home page. Last week I started adding wallpapers that look great and are seasonal. There are some beautiful autumn leaves changing colors to add, if anyone is interested. I am always checking for new themes to spice up the daily routine. The Tour has helped at work with emails so I don't have to sit at my desk to work. I work in a hockey pro shop at a 4 rink building. I can answer email right from the sales floor. My Tour has been awesome. I am glad I found CB in May and waited for the Tour to come out in July. This site has been such a positive help, too. Contests, info, and updates, this is really the place to be!
    09-09-09 09:13 AM
    Go back to your own thread bond, take that speaker garbage back to the "cackle" thread! lol. just playing. the speaker thing is a little annoying for sure.
    I just want a few more confirmations regarding this issue! I love my tour but this issue is bothering me a little.
    09-09-09 09:26 AM
    i got my tour on july 10th an i havnt had any issues an im running 5.0.0.191 love it
    09-09-09 09:44 AM
    bulid 7-31-09
    mexico 5
    I have it for 4 week's NOW !!
    No issues what so ever
    09-09-09 11:13 AM
    I had an orginal launch tour... i ordered it saturday night got it tuesday morning... it did have a screen ripple and a loose door... but i was ok with that. I was all good with it till about last friday.. the ripple got much worse and my trackball wouldnt go right... called telesales on saturday and they told me to go in to a store to swap it out... went in saturday...tehy didnt have any but they ordered me one... got it last night. The build is sometime in august and built in mexico... This tour is so much better then the other one. No screen ripple. No loose door, my track ball works. Doesnt take 10 minutes to reboot. and maybe its just me but the keys dont seem and angled as before... or maybe im just used to it... But i guess rim did rush to get this bb out the door
    09-09-09 11:29 AM
    *Bumplestiltskin*
    09-10-09 10:20 AM
    My Tour from last week didn't have a green dot and it works fine. Nothing wrong with it at all, not sure if RIM simply restocked everything.
    09-10-09 10:23 AM
    My Tour from last week didn't have a green dot and it works fine. Nothing wrong with it at all, not sure if RIM simply restocked everything.

Do you know your manufacture date by any chance?
    09-10-09 10:26 AM
    My husband and I bought ours Tours last Friday, neither box have green dots...both phones are amazing, NO obvious issues. We are both BB newbies, so I have been reading the board for the past few days and checking things out as I see them posted re ripples, trackballs etc...we don't have any of those issues!!

We LOVE our Tours!!

ETA: If I had have been on this board before we decided on these...no doubt we wouldn't have bought them.
    09-10-09 10:46 AM
    I'm on my first Tour and I haven't had any issues.

*Bumplestiltskin*
    This made me LOL
    09-10-09 10:48 AM
    ETA: If I had have been on this board before we decided on these...no doubt we wouldn't have bought them.
    Don't let some of the stories scare you. It's a great device and not everyone has issues with theirs.
    09-10-09 10:50 AM
    Don't let some of the stories scare you. It's a great device and not everyone has issues with theirs.
    Exactly, this thread proves that to be correct. Not to mention any trackball issues will probably improve at least somewhat once the official OS releases, as people running leaks and hybrids have noticed an improvment to trackball movement.
    09-10-09 11:00 AM
    I got mine 2 days before they came out in store. Mine has been fine. A little loose on bat door but sil case fixes that no trackball issues little screen wiggle occasionally.and that might be me. Lol. I has been a very enjoyable device

09-10-09 11:14 AM
    I got mine 2 days before they came out in store. Mine has been fine. A little loose on bat door but sil case fixes that no trackball issues little screen wiggle occasionally.and that might be me. Lol. I has been a very enjoyable device

Screen wiggle?! lol, do you mean the ripple effect of the screen? If not it sounds like a whole new problem :P
    09-10-09 11:16 AM
    Do you know your manufacture date by any chance?
    Don't know the date but I checked the box and it says the BB was made in Canada. So, that may be why it's working fine. I don't have any issues and the battery door is very tight, not loose at all.
    09-10-09 01:26 PM
    had mine a couple weeks now. trackball is good, door is tight. smooth sailing for me. mine did have a green dot when i got it.
    09-10-09 02:20 PM
186 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD