Uh oh, looks like someones getting lucky tonight ^^^
    09-08-09 09:24 PM
    My wife and I both got a new Tour in August. And so far it has been great compared to our TP's. Even after I "cooked" a new rom for both. The Tour has a far better battery life and is a lot snappier and responsive. Even though I had a hard time not having a touch screen I am getting use to it. Lot more stable than Winmo. No lock ups. Just loaded 5.0 OS on my Tour today and I like it.
    09-08-09 09:28 PM
    Good to hear! I want to try 5.0 OS but I'm gonna wait for the real version. I'm afraid to mess anything up.
    09-08-09 09:32 PM
    Still love my Tour after almost 2 months! Ordered mine in July 12 and still have no problems. Mexico 5, build date July 23,'09. Trackball works well, no screen ripple, backcover moves slightly but I'm ok with it, no lag with browser, and above all else, no dropped calls! Still using my one and only and I couldn't be happier :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 09:32 PM
    I still don't have a green dot tour. Only problems I've had are the tb getting stuck twice and a fully charged battery dying in 6 hours while the phone was off. Otherwise mines is still great.

09-08-09 09:34 PM
    Still love my Tour after almost 2 months! Ordered mine in July 12 and still have no problems. Mexico 5, build date July 23,'09. Trackball works well, no screen ripple, backcover moves slightly but I'm ok with it, no lag with browser, and above all else, no dropped calls! Still using my one and only and I couldn't be happier :-)

I see you're using the 8900 as well. Which do you like better, and why if I may ask?
    09-08-09 09:34 PM
    I still don't have a green dot tour. Only problems I've had are the tb getting stuck twice and a fully charged battery dying in 6 hours while the phone was off. Otherwise mines is still great.

My trackball got stuck once. Pressed slightly hard and spun out some debris. Oops! Haha.
    09-08-09 09:35 PM
    Got mine on release day at 8am and I've had no problems. I love this thing.
    09-08-09 09:38 PM
    I see you're using the 8900 as well. Which do you like better, and why if I may ask?
    I'm ashamed to say I love the 8900 keyboard better! It feels a lot like my 8330 curve, my Tour keys are closer together making my error rate when typing go up. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Tour tho!

09-08-09 09:42 PM
    I'm ashamed to say I love the 8900 keyboard better! It feels a lot like my 8330 curve, my Tour keys are closer together making my error rate when typing go up. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Tour tho!

Well that's understandable, especially if you came from a curve. The 8900 keyboard does look like the key spacing would make typing easier.

09-08-09 09:45 PM
    so far so good for me!
    09-08-09 09:49 PM
    I bought my Tour on release (July 12th) and haven't had an issue with it yet.
    09-08-09 09:54 PM
    A thread praising the Tour and positive experiences from Tour owners is just what is needed on this forum to offset the overwhelming flood of problem threads and impatient early adopters, looking for the perfect world out of the box. Sometimes it happens, often times it doesn't...but perfection is usually only a short wait away.

One poster wrote that this site is targetted for people eager to post their complaints and their problems, looking for help and solutions from others in the BB community. Whereas this resource is generally a good thing, it can scare the **** out of potential Tour or other BB device buyers that are on the fence, trying to decide what to buy.

Quite frankly, if I didn't have such a long history of owning BB devices, I wouldn't touch a Tour, much less a BB device after reading some of the threads on this forum over the course of the last 6 weeks.

However, in my case...I received two green dot Tours 9 days ago. Mfg date was 08.17 in Mexico.

My only complaint...inconsistent data signal. I can be standing in one place, and my signal strength will go from 3G, to 1xev, to 1x...and shortly back to 3G strong. Sometimes, although not too often, sending a PIN or hitting the web will throw me off 3G to 1X...but usually recovering after a few seconds. No dropped calls.

Trackball, Bluetooth volume, build quality, voice quality (muffledness), OS stability (freezes and lockups), camera and video recording/viewing, and thermal issues are all fine...so far.

I didn't think I would warm up to the trackball nearly as fast as I have, coming from the tried and true thumbwheel, but it has really grown on me fast. I'm just glad it's working well and has encountered no premature failure.

The phone is spectacular. True, wifi would have been a plus in some very particular situations, but there is always some level of compromise in every phone.
    09-08-09 09:56 PM
    Couldn't have worded it better myself my friend! Hey on your inconsistent signal issue, everyone seems to say its a software issue, so luckily its something that should improve.

Also, this is my first Berry. Had I read these forums I would not have bought the Tour, I would have ended up with the old Curve. This really upsets me to think that could happen to others. I'm sure the people who admin this site don't want a million stickys, but I really want new comers to know this is a great device, and the majority of these devices are lacking all the downfalls that seem to be peppered through several hundred threads in this forum.

09-08-09 10:05 PM
    Well that's understandable, especially if you came from a curve. The 8900 keyboard does look like the key spacing would make typing easier.

So true! I have learned to get used to the new keyboard and love it even more. I just wish more people would post about their positive experience with the Tour to balance this forum out. I know there were a lot of issues with the Tour in the beginning for some people but there truly are people who have had very little issues with this berry.

09-08-09 10:06 PM
    So true! I have learned to get used to the new keyboard and love it even more. I just wish more people would post about their positive experience with the Tour to balance this forum out. I know there were a lot of issues with the Tour in the beginning for some people but there truly are people who have had very little issues with this berry.

Agree 100%

Let me ask, not trying to point out any downfalls to Curve owners, but I have yet to toy with an 8900. Are the keys really that "plasticky" feeling?

09-08-09 10:11 PM
    Born on date 060709 running like a champ no probs.
    09-08-09 10:14 PM
    Love hearing about all these early July manufacture date Tours having no problems. This thread finally makes people on the 3rd, 4th, and 7th Tours, the minority.

09-08-09 10:19 PM
    Agree 100%

Let me ask, not trying to point out any downfalls to Curve owners, but I have yet to toy with an 8900. Are the keys really that "plasticky" feeling?

They actually feel a lot like my 8330 keys. I like it better because of the spacing. Its a good device but the Tour is my first choice,

09-08-09 10:25 PM
    Three weeks - only a hot battery issue that was easily solved at VZW store.
    09-08-09 10:27 PM
    Yeah the hot battery doesn't seem to happen to many people. My phone only gets slightly warm when charging.

09-08-09 10:31 PM
    They actually feel a lot like my 8330 keys. I like it better because of the spacing. Its a good device but the Tour is my first choice,

Well I believe I may need to make a trip out to the local t-mo spot and take a look at the 8900 and play with it just for fun. Now that I realize what a cool device berry's are, I want to give them all a try, even though I will stick with my Tour.
    09-09-09 07:31 AM
    I'm still on my first Tour. Got it 8/10, build date 7/23, Mexico. Except for a loose battery door it's fine!
    Seems like EVERYONE has at least had the battery door problem, doesnt it.
    09-09-09 07:32 AM
    Got mine opening morning. Working great!
    09-09-09 08:29 AM
    Three weeks for me and still the best phone I have had.
    So glad I got off the WM platform and got on the Blackberry.
    09-09-09 08:30 AM
186 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD