So I got my Tour on the release day, so I realize it is past the 30 days, and I like my Tour, the trackball was kinda messed up but wasn't too bad. I upgraded to OS 5.0 to see if it would help at all and it seemed like it did for about a week and now I just don't have any more patience for my messed up trackball.

So my questions are, am I able to just go to a Verizon store and tell them my problem and will they swap it without any problem?

And if yes do you recommend me downgrading back to the original OS?
    11-10-09 03:26 PM
    Go to Verizon, explain problem, you are under a 1 yr warranty. You will get a FRU

The OS has nothing to do with the Trackball.
    11-10-09 03:31 PM
    I took mine to a Verizon store today for the trackball problem. I bought the Tour the first week it came out, and It was okay at first but has gotten worse and worse over time. I showed the Verizon tech that the trackball was having trouble scrolling horizontally, and he immediately said he would have to order me another one. He ordered it, and said I would have it by Thursday. It was real quick and easy. I was only in the store a total of 15 minutes. Yes, you should probably downgrade to the original OS before you take it in and definitely before you send it back.
    11-10-09 03:58 PM
    Ok so then I can just bring it back to the Verizon store and they will swap it?

And should I downgrade my OS back to normal?
    11-10-09 04:56 PM
    Milk the warranty!! MILK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-10-09 05:38 PM
    Milk the warranty!! MILK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He's right. If you have a slight problem, get a new one If you don't have to live with it, why would you? I plan on taking my Tour in again if it gives me problems. You realize how good of an idea it was afterwards.
    11-10-09 06:48 PM
    Unfortunately the trackball on the Tour was a known issue when it launched. That is one of the things that was supposed to be fixed by the new software. If it didn't, **** yeah use that warranty!
    11-10-09 07:14 PM
    Trackball issues being softare related was a big, fat PR lie...
    11-10-09 07:18 PM
    He's right. If you have a slight problem, get a new one If you don't have to live with it, why would you? I plan on taking my Tour in again if it gives me problems. You realize how good of an idea it was afterwards.
    SHE, and if only I could take my own advice. I'm on Tour #5 and it has a stuck red pixel, which has been BOTHERING me since I noticed it.. only I can't see myself walking in the store (yetAGAIN) saying, "no no.. that dot RIGHT there! See it? Yea.."

:/ ???? lol, but yes OP, milk the warranty. like i said, i'm on #5 so I've milked it.. but there comes a time, lol.

Trackball issues being softare related was a big, fat PR lie...
    LOL.!
    11-10-09 07:22 PM
    I wouldn't settle for a defective lcd...
    11-10-09 07:24 PM
    SHE, and if only I could take my own advice. I'm on Tour #5 and it has a stuck red pixel, which has been BOTHERING me since I noticed it.. only I can't see myself walking in the store (yetAGAIN) saying, "no no.. that dot RIGHT there! See it? Yea.."

:/ ???? lol, but yes OP, milk the warranty. like i said, i'm on #5 so I've milked it.. but there comes a time, lol.
    Oh, sorry! Well have you tried flashing the screen? I'm sure there is an app that can try and revive dead pixels. Unless you have tried that... But after 5 tours, you SHOULD be eligible for a comparable phone.. Though there is no comparable phone I would want (unless the Droid is comparable). So I would wait for the Essex.
    11-10-09 08:25 PM
    ^ true. Very true. Waiting it is, or at least until my contract with Sprint is up which isn't too far from now (March).
    11-10-09 11:11 PM
    Take it in! Both of you! Even if it were my fifth I'd still swap it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 11:19 PM

Totally agree!
    11-10-09 11:22 PM
    and I bought a Tour off Ebay. You guessed it, it's got trackball issues (which are *mostly* fixed by increasing the horizontal sensitivity). I've loved every BB I've had but I have to be honest... this bothers me. What other company can put out a phone that is so crippled that Jerry Lewis is doing a telethon for it? I did learn my lesson, I'm buying my Droid straight from Verizon.
    11-11-09 02:13 AM

Yeah, I think I'm going in today, I already txt the Sprint guy and he said to bring the phone in so he could look @ it.. Although I was a little wary SINCE discovering the stupid red pixel about taking the phone back.. Everyones saying its an lcd defect and that it should be covered. I mean, its ONE TINY red dot lol so I mean, u can only see why I'd be wary.. But even so,
    My battery door is loose and the trackball freezes up on me so.. Yeh, Tour #6 let's go!!

8)

11-11-09 12:09 PM
    GUYS!
    The DEED is DONE! I went, (after minutes of debating with myself in the car whether or not to go) into the Sprint Store for the millionth time and asked to switch the Tour. They were offering me to go with the Palm Pre.. and it's a sleek phone, but.. I couldn't let go of my Tour. So I made the silly, hopefully not stupid choice of mailing in yet another one to give me.

Cross my fingers, hope it works!
    11-11-09 07:41 PM
    ^^ jerry lewis doing a telethon for it?! Roflmao, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day! But I agree that u should milk the warranty. I bought a first batch one off of ebay, knew immediately that the trackball was defective, went to my local verizon store one hour later and had a new one set to b delivered no questions asked 2 days later. Luckily haven't had any issues sincr but I can guarantee that if I do I will b calling verizon.

11-11-09 07:52 PM
    ^ Don't judge me!!
    And yes, thank goodness for warranties.
    Sunshine to my cloudy days.
    11-11-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD