Well now I've actually read several ppl having this same issue I had... My browser decided to disappear along with my 1XEV.... I tried resending service books in host app... Nothing... Called tech support they sent them manually.... Nothing... Took to store 1 hour unable to fix it... They gave me a brand new one... I hope this isn't going to be a constant problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 12:41 AM
    Well now I've actually read several ppl having this same issue I had... My browser decided to disappear along with my 1XEV.... I tried resending service books in host app... Nothing... Called tech support they sent them manually.... Nothing... Took to store 1 hour unable to fix it... They gave me a brand new one... I hope this isn't going to be a constant problem!

Login to the Blackberry BIS here....

Sprint

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint

Verizon

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Change your PIN and ESN manually.

Throughout the many times I swapped out my Storm, I noticed this is the best way to handle stuff like this.
    07-18-09 01:18 AM
    I have never heard of that kind of incident before. Next time, make sure that mobile network is checked in the manage connections. When your browser is missing then of course you've lost your BIS connection to the network. Sometimes when there is a contract change or renewal, service providers tend to forget or the system does not always add the previous features that was on the previous contract so make sure they have data on your plan. One thing that happened to me was that I got a new device and BIS was not registered because it wanted to specify if I wanted a new PIN, after giving the information needed, all was good. Very strange though. I think you're 1 in 10,000 this might happen to.

07-18-09 01:19 AM
    I have never heard of that kind of incident before. Next time, make sure that mobile network is checked in the manage connections. When your browser is missing then of course you've lost your BIS connection to the network. Sometimes when there is a contract change or renewal, service providers tend to forget or the system does not always add the previous features that was on the previous contract so make sure they have data on your plan. One thing that happened to me was that I got a new device and BIS was not registered because it wanted to specify if I wanted a new PIN, after giving the information needed, all was good. Very strange though. I think you're 1 in 10,000 this might happen to.

07-18-09 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD