About a month ago my Tour started resetting itself everytime it would be dropped or set down somewhat hard. It never used to do this but it is happening with more frequency. Ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks and have a very merry holiday season
    12-24-10 09:25 AM
    I would suggest being nicer to your Tour and not dropping it They are getting old and delicate now you know.
    12-24-10 09:34 AM
    Your dropping your phone and wondering why it's resetting...

:/
    12-24-10 09:40 AM
    You probably should have had a silicone skin thing on it to help absorb impact if you were planning to use it as a hockey puck.

First I recommend not dropping it.

You could also try making sure the battery is still nice and snug fitting and/or shim it in a little more snug. If that doesn't solve it, then I guess I would characterize it as suffering from massive internal injuries due to blunt force trauma...
    12-24-10 09:50 AM
    Maybe a loose battery connection? Try wedging a piece of paper next to the battery to keep it tight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 12:16 PM
    I keep kicking my TV and I have no idea why it has a cracked screen? Maybe once you guys solve the mystery of the dropped/resetting phone you guys can help me solve this lil ol mystery too. Kthanx!
    12-24-10 12:28 PM
    I have to go along with Sandman and Jbarbero first of all but most importantly this answer especially. I have said all week there must be 6 threads in this forum of the same nature as this one just because people are too lazy to search and use the forum properly.

I am sorry to be so blunt on Christmas Eve but I call it as i see it and everyone have a Merry Christmas and to the OP... Ask Santa CrackBerry to get you an otter case and reshim your battery...
    12-24-10 02:07 PM
    Get an Otterbox Defender case. Then drop it all you want. Sounds like your battery is disconnecting when you set it down hard.

12-24-10 04:27 PM
    I have to go along with Sandman and Jbarbero first of all but most importantly this answer especially. I have said all week there must be 6 threads in this forum of the same nature as this one just because people are too lazy to search and use the forum properly.

I am sorry to be so blunt on Christmas Eve but I call it as i see it and everyone have a Merry Christmas and to the OP... Ask Santa CrackBerry to get you an otter case and reshim your battery...
    Just think of it this way...if everyone used search you'd have no questions to answer! Then you wouldn't feel like you were helping. Yes?

12-24-10 04:29 PM
    My Tour did that for a period of time and to fix it I placed a folded business card between it and battery door and it stopped the resets, from minature drops. I find that the battery sometimes pops loose in the phone after awhile and causes this.

It work for me not sure if it will help you. Never hurts to try.
    12-24-10 04:36 PM
    The older Tours had a loose battery door. I'd call VZW and request a door.

12-24-10 04:40 PM
    Just think of it this way...if everyone used search you'd have no questions to answer! Then you wouldn't feel like you were helping. Yes?

Chrisy,
    This time I have to disagree only under this one circumstance. Nobody can convince me that no matter who the person posting is as they read down the list of threads for their device or "NOT" that they at least make an attempt to search for a topic if you have been on the forums for some time but most people will not do that(Search that is) and then let me ask you...How many of the same threads in the same forum do you think is appropriate so that the same people that are active here like yourself, myself and many others are just answering the same questions over and over again.

Believe me there would be many questions here to answer, Just dirrerent topics... YES?

Now I am only disagreeing with you on this one as most everything else you bring up in on point. Hope you understand this.
    Hope you had a Merry Christmas and will have an even better New Year.
    12-25-10 01:09 PM
    Jag, I'm calling BS on the lazy. "Totally not resourceful" is more concise.
    Well to a point I do understand where you are coming from just the same as I told Chrisy I disagree with her statement to me about searching... So I am agreeing with you but would not call itt hat the OP is not resourceful... Like I tried to explain to Chrisy my point about searching that you bring up. If the owners and Moderators of CB and the forums did not mean for posters to check for these topics they would not have bothered to put up a search function that works quite well I have to say and they encourage it so use it. If after at least making the attempt and nothing is found then by all means create a new thread for what you need help with. It is as simple as that. Would you agree with this?
    12-25-10 01:15 PM
    Telling someone to search does nothing after the fact. Just help em or move on. That's my take on it. No big deal. On a forum of this size, with this many users (new and old BlackBerry owners) you will always have repeat questions. Better just get used to it. Or like I suggested...skip the thread. CrackBerry doesn't lock repeat questions for a reason.

Sometimes old questions have new answers too. Search doesn't always address the questions asked. Most times it is a good start though.

It's nothing to get upset about really, not to the point of lecturing a user to search. That's just my opinion. You do what you need of course!

Last edited by chrisy520; 12-25-10 at 04:05 PM.
    12-25-10 04:02 PM
    Telling someone to search does nothing after the fact. Just help em or move on. That's my take on it. No big deal. On a forum of this size, with this many users (new and old BlackBerry owners) you will always have repeat questions. Better just get used to it. Or like I suggested...skip the thread. CrackBerry doesn't lock repeat questions for a reason.

Sometimes old questions have new answers too. Search doesn't always address the questions asked. Most times it is a good start though.

It's nothing to get upset about really, not to the point of lecturing a user to search. That's just my opinion. You do what you need of course!

I will concede and agree with this statement of yours getting back to what I wrote to you.
    You make good points here so YES nothing to get upset over, I was never really upset more than just having a different point of view but as I said, you make a good point here.

Thank you Chrisy.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 12-25-10 at 05:05 PM.
    12-25-10 04:53 PM
    Yeah, I see your point too really. Sometimes it gets frustrating and bogs down the forums. Different points of views are good.

What's important is that we had 70 degree weather today! Did you enjoy it?

12-25-10 04:55 PM
    Yeah, I see your point too really. Sometimes it gets frustrating and bogs down the forums. Different points of views are good.

What's important is that we had 70 degree weather today! Did you enjoy it?

LOL... Are you kidding... YES I sure did. I got up early and went cycling down the Legacy trail from where it starts in Sarasota towards your area to Venice and back. A great day and I hope it is the same tomorrow as well.

Then back to work on Monday.

How was your day? I hope it was a good.
    12-25-10 05:04 PM
    Ugh, I go back tomorrow!

Yes, I hiked the Myakka Forest (Foresman Entry) in Englewood. Man, you biked far! They are expanding that trail out to Boca Grande! I can't wait, I love that bike trail!

12-25-10 05:06 PM
    Ugh, I go back tomorrow!

Yes, I hiked the Myakka Forest (Foresman Entry) in Englewood. Man, you biked far! They are expanding that trail out to Boca Grande! I can't wait, I love that bike trail!

I dont want to take up personal conversation in a thread Chrisy... Send me a PM since I can't to you and we can talk further ok? I'll be looking forward to it.
    12-25-10 05:13 PM
    I have a Otterbox Defender case for the sole reason that inevitably you are going to drop your phone as it comes out of your pocket. I am not the nicest to my Tour but it is replaceable. Appreciate the info in regards to battery coming loose.
    12-25-10 09:32 PM
    I have a Otterbox Defender case for the sole reason that inevitably you are going to drop your phone as it comes out of your pocket. I am not the nicest to my Tour but it is replaceable. Appreciate the info in regards to battery coming loose.
    Inevitable? I sure wouldn't say that. How many times has it fallen from waist height?
    12-25-10 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD