I've decided to switch from a treo to a blackberry. I got a tour 9630 from a friend of mine today that is unlocked with Verizon. I previously had Alltel as my carrier, then they merged. I have unlimited data/messaging on the Alltel plan as well. Does anyone know if the Tour 9630 will be compatible even though my plan is technically Alltel and the phone is a Verizon phone? Thanks for the help.
    12-11-09 05:20 PM
    Yes. Just take it in to your local store and they will switch it over. I have an AllTel plan and I have a storm on it. Takes literally one or two minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 05:35 PM
    By the way though. You will have to switch to a BB plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 05:37 PM
    I feel like I'm getting mixed messages hah...my dad said a similar as you, as far as switching to a BB plan. I called Verizon for myself to check and they said that it would be fully compatible without adding anything extra since I already am under the PDA plan (which they said includes BB's. Is this the same as the BB plan you're talking about?
    12-11-09 06:35 PM
    the bb plan is the same. you keep your alltel plan and they just add vzw bb features to your plan (at no extra cost). you can use any verizon phone or alltel phone as long as you keep your alltel plan.
    12-11-09 06:52 PM
    Awesome. Looks like I'll get this phone changed over asap. Also looks like I'll be on this forum a lot more. Thanks guys.
    12-11-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD