This morning i checked my email and everything was fine, and now i went to check and they are all gone, except the last two emails. (for gmail)

Any ideas?
    Last edited by ehalperin; 08-05-09 at 09:10 AM.
    08-05-09 09:08 AM
    This morning i checked my email and everything was fine, and now i went to check and they are all gone, except the last two emails.

Any ideas?
    There used to be a bug on older BlackBerry's due to a memory leak that would wipe the inbox clean along with call history etc. I haven't heard of it happening on the Tour though and considering the much larger amount of memory it has versus older Berries it's surprising.. what apps do you have running?
    08-05-09 09:11 AM
    Are the last two the two most recent? Did you check your archive settings (how long your BB is supposed to keep emails)? That sucks, dude.
    08-05-09 09:11 AM
    There used to be a bug on older BlackBerry's due to a memory leak that would wipe the inbox clean along with call history etc. I haven't heard of it happening on the Tour though and considering the much larger amount of memory it has versus older Berries it's surprising.. what apps do you have running?
    well, here is what is odd. If i click the main "messages" icon/folder, all my calls and messages are there. But if click into the specific boxes gmail/bb mail/yahoo etc, only the last two email are visible.

Are the last two the two most recent? Did you check your archive settings (how long your BB is supposed to keep emails)? That sucks, dude.
    I checked, and it says keep message for 3 months. It also doesn't seem to be the two most recent, one from yesterday and one from today and now all new ones coming in...
    08-05-09 09:19 AM
    well, here is what is odd. If i click the main "messages" icon/folder, all my calls and messages are there. But if click into the specific boxes gmail/bb mail/yahoo etc, only the last two email are visible.
    WTF? So if you go into the specific boxes, only the last two received by each are there? That ISSS WEIIRDD

Batt pull didn't fix it I take it?
    08-05-09 09:21 AM
    Wow. Officially weird. I've got nothing man, but at least they're not gone, gone KWIM?
    08-05-09 09:22 AM
    WTF? So if you go into the specific boxes, only the last two received by each are there? That ISSS WEIIRDD

Batt pull didn't fix it I take it?
    yea, i did a battery pull and it didn't fix it. I opened up DM and did a back up and it seems to show under the advanced tab that i have 229 messages on the device. but they arent in the right folders
    08-05-09 09:24 AM
    anyone? ideas?
    08-05-09 10:20 AM
    I saw a problem like this once, where the main messages inbox only showed select messages from seemingly random times, and the only way to view the other messages was to click your messages icon, press the menu button, and click the 'view folders' option, and then clicking on SMS or an e-mail folder would show all the messages, but only from that specific folder.
    If that's the case, it turned out to be a free memory issue, and I was able to solve the problem by making sure the memory cleaner was turned on, as well as clearing out as many of the stored messages as I could, so if you don't want to lose any, back up the device even if you can't see the messages in the main folder and then go through each individual folder and wipe as many old messages as you can.
    08-05-09 10:41 AM
    I saw a problem like this once, where the main messages inbox only showed select messages from seemingly random times, and the only way to view the other messages was to click your messages icon, press the menu button, and click the 'view folders' option, and then clicking on SMS or an e-mail folder would show all the messages, but only from that specific folder.
    If that's the case, it turned out to be a free memory issue, and I was able to solve the problem by making sure the memory cleaner was turned on, as well as clearing out as many of the stored messages as I could, so if you don't want to lose any, back up the device even if you can't see the messages in the main folder and then go through each individual folder and wipe as many old messages as you can.
    Thanks. Is there an easier way to go to each inbox/folder?
    08-05-09 11:51 AM
    There isn't anything I know of - I had to go Messages>Menu Button>View Folder and work my way through one at a time - but that doesn't mean a more time-efficient way doesn't exist.
    That being said, I only had to clear out about 2 folders for it to start working again, and depending on how long ago the problem started for you, you probably won't NEED to do much more, but you'll obviously want to go farther than that if you want to stop the problem from re-surfacing anytime soon.
    08-05-09 09:10 PM
    RTFM - this is (probably) related to the fact that you are pulling messages from another email client (i.e. Outlook, Yahoo Mail [as a client], Thunderbird, etc.).

As a BB user for 7 years, I have no idea what the he11 people are saying above. Memory leak? Battery pull? Message settings?

I'm 90% certain it's the fact that the device will clear *READ* messages which have been pulled off the mail server by another reading service. Period. Happens to me all the time.
    08-05-09 09:53 PM
    RTFM - this is (probably) related to the fact that you are pulling messages from another email client (i.e. Outlook, Yahoo Mail [as a client], Thunderbird, etc.).

As a BB user for 7 years, I have no idea what the he11 people are saying above. Memory leak? Battery pull? Message settings?

I'm 90% certain it's the fact that the device will clear *READ* messages which have been pulled off the mail server by another reading service. Period. Happens to me all the time.
    When you say 'clear, do you mean move out of the main messages folder to another folder on the device, or completely remove them from the phone? If I understand the issue properly, it sounds like the messages are still on the device, just re-allocated, and given I was once able to solve a problem like that by removing any unnecessary info from call logs, sms folders etc., I just figured that it had something to do with the volume of messages on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 12:15 AM
    If that isn't the case though and it turns out you're right, how have you solved the problem on your phone in the past? Is there a setting on the phone that can be changed or something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 12:21 AM

I sort of see what you are saying. WHen i go to mails (gmail) > view folders I see about 5 inboxes. several are completely empty, one has all mail prior to July 31st and one has everything after July 31st. When i go into the main message folder from the home screen, i see everything. but only post july 31st in the gmail folder from my home screen.

If i understand what you are saying, the messages were pulled and put into those boxes. Problem is, why was is so random in doing this starting Aug 1?
    08-06-09 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD