So I've had my 9630 for over 18 months now, a few problems here and there but nothing I couldn't work around. This new issue that cropped up has me stumped.

Any time I do anything that involves text entry after one or two letters my screen goes black like I had pressed the lock key, unlock the phone and two letters later it locks again. Sometimes it even shows the " This screen is locked" message. A battery pull did not fix the problem so I'm forced to think something got inside the phone and is causing the problem.

I'm running v5.0.0.975 on Verizon.
    07-22-11 06:32 PM
    That's a tough problem. All I can suggest is removing the OS completely and reloading it on your phone. You can find the instructions for that in the BlackBerry 101 section at the top of the forum. If that doesn't fix it, you have a hardware failure. Since your device is long out of warranty, it's time to replace it.
    07-22-11 08:24 PM
    I agree with JeffH, make a full Backup and clean all you can restore from the software.. install all the updated versions of your OS/apps and see if it fixed it.
    if not i think that you want to send it over to RIM.
    07-24-11 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD