I have searched these forums as well as the web, to no avail. I could not find a reasonable explanation nor a fix. Sorry for any redundancy.

I have MeterBerry (v1.5.8) installed on the Tour. I have been monitoring my Event Log out of curiosity. I have noticed an error that has recurred on several occasions ("AlertEngine: playerUpdate -error : 5 Player has started" - please see attached screen shots). I have noticed that the errors occur at a time when I receive messages. Most recently, one was an e-mail [while I was reviewing the event log] and one was an SMS message [while the phone was in its charging pod, and presumably on stand-by]. When I received the e-mail, I don't recall getting an alert (visual or audible). When I received the SMS, I did get both the audible and visual alerts as programmed (the attached screen shot was from the SMS message where I did get alerted). By the way, I have BerryBuzz installed and it is working just fine [so I think] - don't know if this app has any bearing or not.

Is anyone familiar with this anomaly? What does it mean? How can it be corrected?
    Last edited by RegE; 09-08-09 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Reload attachments
    09-07-09 01:49 PM
    I don't run MeterBerry. I looked at my Event Log with CrackUtil. The words "Alert" and "player" don't occur in it. I don't know what is causing your error, and don't know anything you can do about it, other than start deleting apps one at a time to see if you can find the cause. If it was my device, and I wasn't seeing any manifestations of the error at the user level, I wouldn't worry about it. I never look at my log.
    09-08-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD