I have set the sounds for e-mails to silent but it still makes an alert sound when I receive one, how do I resolve this issue,the phone constantly beeps when it should be silent.
    Thank you
    11-26-09 10:22 AM
    I have set the sounds for e-mails to silent but it still makes an alert sound when I receive one, how do I resolve this issue,the phone constantly beeps when it should be silent.
    Thank you
    Do you have the phone set to vibrate?
    11-26-09 11:57 AM
    No I have it set to vibrate off and for notification silent, just light to flash is all thats on
    11-26-09 01:47 PM
    Amyone else have this issue, its very annoying and I cannot prevent it
    11-27-09 05:13 PM
    I am having this same issue!!! It is extremely aggravating! I've tried just about everything and it still won't be silent. I would love to hear a fix for this but I have a feeling I'll just have to deal w/it...
    11-27-09 05:45 PM
    Same problem here!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 06:02 PM
    Count me in, its random for me. It decides to be silent when they are important and i don't have the phone on my hip, but it will sure let me know a normal email came through at 4:00 AM.

I have all my messages with alerts except emails, I have triple checked it and have given up, I consider it minor.
    11-27-09 06:20 PM
    I may have solved it, I had the volume set to loud, I switched it to normal(the volume seems the same to me in the ringer) and no longer does it make a sound for an e-mail. My old phone could be on the loud setting but no noise for e-mails, i guess this one is different. Hope this helps.
    11-27-09 08:06 PM
    Well, if that fails you, go into Options->Ring Tones/Alerts->Messages then choose you're email acct you want to change your tone for. If you want it silent, just put it on Silent there.
    11-27-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD