Very weird and annoying problem.

Everything else seems to be fine after I upgraded to the new 5.0.0.230 OS, except this one little thing. When I get an SMS text and it vibrates and the LED goes off, I take it out of my holster, well before the 15 second window before it stays in the inbox. The notification will disappear from my desktop, but the SMS won't open. I have to physically go into the inbox. (I know it doesnt sound like a big problem, but it's getting annoying) And it's only with SMS. If I get an email, PIN, Facebook, etc, they all open automatically when I pull my Tour out of the holster to look at it, but not my SMS. And those are the ones I use the most. Anyone else running into this? Any idea how to fix it? I tried going into options, but the setting it already set-up for auto-open new message after vibrate or LED. I have also tried several battery pulls. My thought was that maybe it was BerryBuzz interfering, but I have no clue. Thanks for any assistance with this!
    12-05-09 12:51 PM
    I've seen this happen too. Not a big deal but deff. an annoyance.

edit: Ive only seen it happen when I take it out right when it rings, give it a few seconds and see if it still does it.
    12-05-09 01:12 PM
    Look in Messages / Options. Check what you have selected for "Auto Open Newest Message After Removing Device From Holster."
    12-05-09 03:08 PM
    actually i tried that, if you read my post that didn't solve the problem. Thanks though
    12-05-09 06:49 PM
    Yes, Mine doesn't work either. you're lucky, mine doesn't work for facebook either..it only works for emails. that is what we get using an un-released os, there are still little bugs here and there that they should resolve before the official release, and this is one of them
    12-05-09 11:05 PM
    The only issue I had after upgrading to .230 us that when I am getting an incoming call there is no audio. The screen lights up and it vibrates but no audio. I'm usually a vibrate guy so its not too big up a deal. But I had missed a few more calls lately lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 04:43 AM
    It definitely is an issue with 5.230. I went back to 4.7 and it went away. I have tried it several times and still cant get it to work. I'd be happy just to see it appear in the preview for the today theme.
    On hoping it gets fixed with the official release- I am a little worried. I had a curve2 that I traded in for the tour that did the same thing (at least the preview thing),I didn't try it with the holster feature.
    12-06-09 06:57 AM
    And this my friends...is why you wait for it to be an Offical OS...lol
    12-06-09 09:13 AM
    Update, I have noticed that when I pull out of holster after sound/vibrate, newest email always opens up, BBM messages always open, new facebook alert opens facebook only some times, other times it takes the alert away as if it did open it, and if you click on the facebook icon the application already has whatever the alert was for opened. SMS has never worked for me. I am running 5.238 (.230 with 7.11 Hybrid)
    12-08-09 07:10 PM
    I am surprised more people do not complain/talk about this. It seems like a problem that should be easy to fix. Is it just us who are having this problem, or do you others just not care about it?
    12-09-09 03:15 PM
    Same thing is happening on my sprint 8330 w/ birdmans v6.5 hybrid. It will not auto open SMS and I cannot click into the inbox for a good 10 seconds after ring/vibrate. It just won't open no matter how much I click for the first 10 seconds.
    12-09-09 08:37 PM
    I've seen this happen too. Not a big deal but deff. an annoyance.

edit: Ive only seen it happen when I take it out right when it rings, give it a few seconds and see if it still does it.
    I also have the problem of phone ringing in holster, when I retrieve the device from holster ringing sound stops. I do not enable autoanswer when taking from holster. This has been happening, if I remember well, with all 5.x leaks so far.
    No issues with sms.
    12-10-09 05:18 AM
    Semi "Fix" For those concerned with their SMS messages not auto opening, I have noticed if you leave your phone in inbox instead of the homescreen when putting it into your holster, when a new sms comes in it then opens it automatically.
    12-10-09 09:19 AM
    Same thing going on here... 8330 with Birdman's V6.5 hybrid. I've just been letting my BB sit in the holster for a few seconds after the alert...not a BIG deal, but it is a bit annoying when my BB is blowing up with texts and I cant just grab it and glance. We sure do get spoiled with these things...
    12-10-09 01:58 PM
    I cleared all messages from conversation and now SMS opens almost instantly when I press on the icon after getting a SMS from the person I cleared the conversation.

It still does not auto-open, but at least it doesn't take 10+ seconds to open it now. It looks like threaded SMS is buggy and new SMS takes a while to get properly added to the thread and/or database.
    12-11-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD