Guys...there aren't any other iminent CDMA BB release(with trackball or optical pad) after the Tour, for a looooong time, correct, that we know of or has been rumored? I just want to make sure after I get the Tour, there isn't another BB release like 2-3 months later like when I got the 8830 and then they released the curve short time later.
    06-17-09 02:57 PM
    This is all I am aware of...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f144/
    06-17-09 03:01 PM
    The rumored "Atlas" has been said to be launching a short time (read: few weeks to a month or so) after the Tour. But no one knows what it is.
    06-17-09 03:05 PM
    A few insiders have hinted that the atlas will be on the lower end of the spectrum though
    06-17-09 03:08 PM
    oh great, i knew it. is this the one thats suppose to have optical pad, do you know? I saw a pic of one with optical pad but forgot what the name was.
    06-17-09 03:08 PM
    A few insiders have hinted that the atlas will be on the lower end of the spectrum though
    what do you mean by lower end? its going to be missing something like camera? what is diff between BB High end vs. Low end?
    06-17-09 03:09 PM
    The rumored "Atlas" has been said to be launching a short time (read: few weeks to a month or so) after the Tour. But no one knows what it is.
    few weeks to a month, huh? that seem way too fast to me...
    06-17-09 03:10 PM
    06-17-09 03:12 PM
    from what i understand Atlas would be Tour w/ WIFI.
    06-17-09 03:12 PM
    from what i understand Atlas would be Tour w/ WIFI.
    That has sort of been de-bunked. I, too, have heard it'll be lower-end.
    06-17-09 03:13 PM
    LOLOL...hey the low end one is the one that i saw the Optical Pad on in lieu of ball. how can they put the new technology "optical pad" on the lower end and not on the higher end??? its like Toyota having Nav and Lexus not having Nav...
    06-17-09 03:15 PM
    That has sort of been de-bunked. I, too, have heard it'll be lower-end.
    argghhhh...alright, thanks for the input stanger! I kinda like that low end due to optical pad but except its on GSM!
    06-17-09 03:17 PM
    LOLOL...hey the low end one is the one that i saw the Optical Pad on in lieu of ball. how can they put the new technology "optical pad" on the lower end and not on the higher end??? its like Toyota having Nav and Lexus not having Nav...
    RIM is using the optical trackpad more as a low cost alternative to the track ball from what I have read on the front page. They are looking into making it widespread but for now the trackball is still the input style of choice.
    06-17-09 03:19 PM
    This is from the front page written by Kevin regarding the Onyx: "Also, if you were hoping the Onyx might somehow inherit the optical trackpad found on the 8520 Curve before its design was finalized, you're out of luck. The 9020 will feature a trackball. It seems RIM's viewpoint on the trackpad (at least for now) is that its a low-cost solution/technology rather than a feature upgrade (even though I personally think it is awesome and love using it on the 8520), though we have heard RIM is looking at even more input method technologies (alternatives to the trackball) along these lines for future devices."
    06-17-09 03:19 PM
    So is there going to be a CDMA version of the Curve 8900?
    06-17-09 03:32 PM
    Storm 2 is coming down the pipe this year supposedly. If you're in to the touchscreen thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 03:40 PM
    there will be a lower end device similiar to the gemini I am sure.. which is probably the curve type replacement more then likely a optical trackpad..

as for release date who knows..
    06-17-09 03:46 PM
    Good point!
    06-17-09 04:00 PM
    No one has ANY details in regards to the Atlas. There is just speculation to say it is on the lower end. CX has said over and over that the Tour will be the flagship device.

My guess is it (if it is actually a device) it will be the replacement for the Curve 8330. Either in 8900 form, or 8520 form. Again, that's just an educated guess
    06-17-09 05:30 PM
    if verizon does start releasing BBs with wifi, will the wifi cost extra or be included in the data plan?
    06-17-09 09:23 PM
    I'm still wondering why the tour doesn't have wifi???

06-17-09 10:39 PM
    I'm still wondering why the tour doesn't have wifi???

because verizon hates us and does this to laugh at us. lol
    06-18-09 12:55 PM
    if verizon does start releasing BBs with wifi, will the wifi cost extra or be included in the data plan?
    Knowing vzw, it'll be offered as ala carte, probably like $10/mo extra. they give nothing away.
    06-18-09 01:02 PM
    there will be a lower end device similiar to the gemini I am sure.. which is probably the curve type replacement more then likely a optical trackpad..

as for release date who knows..
    optical pad, yesyesyes....makes too much sense, doesn't it? I was hoping that reason why they took so long to release tour was because originally they had the trackball on it then they came up with optical pad so they replaced ball with pad....One can hope, can't they? LOLOLOL...but all of the tours ive seen have ball on it so I highly doubt it.
    06-18-09 01:05 PM
    why would you want an optical pad? i love the trackball and i certainly wouldn't get the tour if it didnt have a trackball.
    06-18-09 01:10 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD