You have to remember that, at its heart, the BlackBerry is still a business device. That's what it was born to do. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

+1 and also

eyecandy is just that "eyecandy"

to me it doesn't serve a purpose the only thing that eye candy is good for is to show your friends that you have a swishy wishy cool phone..

but the problem is when a phone is swishy wishy everyone and there mom has one anyway so it doesn't really matter..

I want a phone that makes me be able to do things fast and effficiently and do what its designed to do. I don't want to stare at fancy transitions and bubble graphics.. when I just want to open email and reply..
    05-31-09 06:01 AM
    I completely agree. In fact, that's what I love about the BlackBerry OS; it's efficiency and simplicity. It does exactly what I need it to do. If "eye candy" is what you look for in a phone, then by all means, get yourself an iPhone or a Pre or whatever makes you happy. Don't bash RIM for making the BlackBerry do exactly what it was intended to do, better than anyone else. Just my $0.02.

05-31-09 06:11 AM
    I completely agree. In fact, that's what I love about the BlackBerry OS; it's efficiency and simplicity. It does exactly what I need it to do. If "eye candy" is what you look for in a phone, then by all means, get yourself an iPhone or a Pre or whatever makes you happy. Don't bash RIM for making the BlackBerry do exactly what it was intended to do, better than anyone else. Just my $0.02.

I agree... I don't see a reason to fix what isn't broken. Also, with RIM, its not about the devices themselves, its also the technology behind BIS/BES and push e-mail that makes them so great!

Basically, its also the things you "DON'T" see that drive its popularity over anything Palm or Apple try to offer.
    05-31-09 07:16 AM
    You have to remember that, at its heart, the BlackBerry is still a business device. That's what it was born to do. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Then RIM should stop making a push for our money if they know its going to be the same old boring OS. What's wrong with a BB we all know and love with an OS with nice transitions and animations?
    05-31-09 08:00 AM
    I don't know why people are so amped on the Pre. I know that Palm revamped everything but as someone who used the 700p and the 700wx and then went from a Pearl to a Curve to a Storm I can't imagine ever having a Palm again. Anybody else share this thought?
    I used the Treo 700w for 3 years and didn't have any problems, but I just got the Bold and it is amazing. I am not sure about the sliding keyboard on the Pre.
    05-31-09 11:17 AM
    Then RIM should stop making a push for our money if they know its going to be the same old boring OS. What's wrong with a BB we all know and love with an OS with nice transitions and animations?
    I guess it's a matter of perspective. You call it tired and boring. I call it elegant and efficient.

05-31-09 12:17 PM
    I'm not waiting. I may well consider the Pre for my next upgrade, but I'm not using this 8830 for another 6+ months, and Sprint is not viable for my particular usage needs. I'm most likely going to the Tour. The alternative would be an 8900 on either TMo or ATT.
    05-31-09 01:22 PM
    My mom never gets a new phone so maybe I'll get the Tour. In the end, if I switch to the Pre, I can give my Tour to my dad to update his Curve.
    05-31-09 04:28 PM
    How is palms email service?

06-01-09 11:31 AM
    Palm does not have push email. That is exclusive to BlackBerry.

06-01-09 11:32 AM
    I think the pre is pretty cool looking from what I have seen. I also think the iPhone is pretty cool in lots of ways. My needs in a smart phone, however, go way beyond a pretty UI. I need something that functions and functions consistently. I need something that doesn't crash or freeze up on me. I need something that has a real QWERTY on it that I can type on. Most importantly I need a solid well built device that doesn't cause me problems and just functions. As of right now I have found that in my Curve. Could the next generations of Palm, Google or Apple devices provide to be this as well? Maybe, I won't rule them out. Give me a Curve type form factor with a properly functioning OS and I will follow you anywhere. I don't care who makes it, just make it work.

As for the OS not being flashy enough I have 2 cents to add. I personally don't need a flashy OS to get me through the day. I need something that functions smoothly. I do agree that BlackBerry has a very nice and very functional OS. It looks pretty good and does what it needs to. On the other side of that I can look back at my old Treos and remember when people were saying, "Why fix what isn't broken?" and "It works just fine, it doesn't need to be pretty." At some point in time, people will want form over function and the iPhone is proof of that in many ways. Sure, it has function now, but it had nothing when it came out and was nothing but a pretty face. People chose it for its form and its cool looking UI.
    06-01-09 12:15 PM
    What everyone thing about the htc touch pro2?
    06-01-09 02:36 PM
    I agree... I don't see a reason to fix what isn't broken. Also, with RIM, its not about the devices themselves, its also the technology behind BIS/BES and push e-mail that makes them so great!

Basically, its also the things you "DON'T" see that drive its popularity over anything Palm or Apple try to offer.

this is exactly it. They have such a solid foundation of how the device works from the backend. Now its just time to (I guess) clean up the front end.

I mean I am not a fan of bubble/swishy graphics and transitions on devices as I prefer to just do things real fast..

but I do think the browser needs work and a few other tiny things..

with the amount of people who want threaded SMS thats something they should consider looking into. (I don't care whether its there or not because I don't really text)

Like i have heard people say that they don't like how plain the message folder looks..

I actually love it. Super easy to read and get to exactly what I want. So I guess the appreciation is in the eye of the beholder..
    06-01-09 04:21 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD