Once I have the tour. I am wondering if I can give my husband my curve 8330
    to use on his sprint acct. (which is a company paid phone) will a verizon phone work on sprint? they are both cdma right?
    06-27-09 11:15 PM
    Don't think the VZW phone will work with Sprint. The ESN won't be in Sprint's system to activate.
    06-27-09 11:23 PM
    Yeah, this won't work. It's not like GSM where you can just swap out the SIM cards.
    06-27-09 11:32 PM
    bummer! This is news I didn't want to hear
    oh well. hubby continues to be stuck with a clam shell pos
    06-27-09 11:43 PM
    Sell the curve and the money u get out of it buy a sprint curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 11:58 PM
    True that...check out sites like craigslist or ebay to get a gauge of how much u can gain by selling ur old curve.

06-28-09 12:14 AM
    Sell the curve and the money u get out of it buy a sprint curve

or a sprint TOUR !
    06-28-09 12:37 AM
    If she can succesfully gauge someone lol

06-28-09 01:25 AM
    Send it to Sprint to get unlocked.... simple
    06-28-09 03:49 PM
    When I get my tour I'm going to complain about it and start a thread topic,"I bougt a Tour and Verizon owes me a Storm 2". That's my plan.

06-28-09 04:02 PM
    my plan is to come home with the tour come on here see how crazy the forums are as I transfer all my information over to it..

and enjoy its newness for at least the first day until the newness wheres off

help people with issues
    06-28-09 04:05 PM
    my plan is to come home with the tour come on here see how crazy the forums are as I transfer all my information over to it..

help people with issues

ditto:

though I'm sure I'll have more fun with the tour over the curve as I'll be able to install more apps and wont be controlled by a restricting IT department
    06-28-09 04:08 PM
    Even "unlocked" the device will not be activated on sprint, unless you know someone in their data center to add the ESN which would be highly unlikely. Like suggested, throw the curve on ebay wth an ending date of July 13 and take the profit and put towards the Sprint Tour while you have your new device....

Its not like alot of people outside of the techsphere know of the release date.. and you can get a nice amount for a curve in good shape..
    06-28-09 04:09 PM
    You could also get a Sprint 8703 pretty cheap, for him.
    06-28-09 04:19 PM

help people with issues
    As this will be my first BB, I am very happy to know there will be vetrans around to help me the first day I get it, and are nice enough to take a break from playing with their own Tours to help. I can't wait for the Tour, I am so sick of my Voyager.
    Last edited by wwoodward; 06-28-09 at 05:04 PM.
    06-28-09 05:01 PM
    As this will be my first BB, I am very happy to know there will be vetrans around to help me the first day I get it, and are nice enough to take a break from playing with their own Tours to help. I can't wait for the Tour, I am so sick of my Voyager.

Well fortunately even NON tour owner BlackBerry Vets will be able to help you, because BlackBerry is a consistent company, there might be a few idiosyncrasies, special to the Tour, but any curve, bold owner will be able to help you with the basics to get up and running
    06-28-09 05:05 PM
    Well fortunately even NON tour owner BlackBerry Vets will be able to help you, because BlackBerry is a consistent company, there might be a few idiosyncrasies, special to the Tour, but any curve, bold owner will be able to help you with the basics to get up and running

actually any storm/curve/bold owners

the OS locations are pretty much the same.. even on the storm..

but for things like shortcut keys and such a storm owner may have problems informing people of them if they haven't used a keyboarded device
    06-28-09 05:08 PM
    I plan on loading 300mb of apps onto the phone, and then complaining that its unresponsive and slow
    06-28-09 05:16 PM
    On the first day I will be too busy trying to master my Tour. I just need the release date so I can call out "sick" .LOL (no sir)
    06-28-09 11:01 PM
    This will be my first smart phone, so I am excited for it. I really want Pandora since I love music and a stock application.
    06-28-09 11:06 PM
    actually it's pretty cool to see how many non-smartphone users are switching to the blackberry for the first time, and the awesome vets that'll be able to help us and our noob status
    06-28-09 11:09 PM
    lots of great advice! thinks to all my crackbuddies!
    I will sell the curve....
    06-30-09 12:39 AM
    i will attempt to help but most likely be drooling at its magnificence.
    06-30-09 01:31 AM
    but ther is no wifi
    06-30-09 01:52 AM
    I swear watching people about to get new sweetness is almost as good as getting new sweetness yourself. Y'all are acting like kids at Christmas, and it is a joy to watch!

06-30-09 03:21 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD