Hi everyone, I wanted to get some advice and answers. I've just about had it with Verizon's CS people (12 year customer and they treat me like s***??) and this Storm has turned out to be worse than the Palm that I had replaced it with.

I'm pretty tempted to switch to the Bold as trying it out in the AT&T store, at least, the keyboard felt real nice and it seems to work well. (as a side note, why doesn't the Verizon stores ever have real phones? They're all plastic POS)

However, before I switch, I wanted to get a feel for the Tour from the owners themselves. I can careless about being yet another guinea pig for Verizon or RIM, and as such, don't really need to wait for the trackpad or wifi. I just need a phone that WORKS.

- Is there anything specific that I should look out for when I'm looking at these Tours on eBay? I've been asking about the trackballs, but that's about it. Any other widespread issues that I should be aware of and ask?

- Is there any lag issues? I've tried a search and don't seem to find any real complaints so that's either a huge plus or I'm searching all wrong.

- Are the prices dependent on whether the phone comes with a camera or not? Every phone I'm looking at seems to "come" with a camera but it appears as though that's just the cookie cutter description that eBay seems to put to anyone who's selling this phone.

- Is an "unlocked" phone more prone to repair? Any downside to an unlocked phone?

- Any advice from you fine folks?

I love what the Blackberry's are capable of,... I think I just started off with the wrong phone. I appreciate any constructive input you guys might have for me. Thanks in advance.
    11-01-09 03:54 AM
    - Is there anything specific that I should look out for when I'm looking at these Tours on eBay? I've been asking about the trackballs, but that's about it. Any other widespread issues that I should be aware of and ask?
    Yes trackballs, battery cover loosening, etc.. Just make sure that the manufacture date which is printed on the side of the box is later than Aug 2009 and you will be fine

Are the prices dependent on whether the phone comes with a camera or not? Every phone I'm looking at seems to "come" with a camera but it appears as though that's just the cookie cutter description that eBay seems to put to anyone who's selling this phone.
    I have no idea why you are looking at eBay to buy a new phone but for the world we are living in right now a camera on a phone does and should not make a significant difference to its price.

- Is an "unlocked" phone more prone to repair? Any downside to an unlocked phone?
    Unlocked phones just allow you to use providers that do not support the phone that you want to use. You will not be able to get the warranty that is provided from the provider.

Any advice from you fine folks?
    Why EBAY?
    11-01-09 08:05 AM
    Couldn't have said it better. If you need specs then consider the official website at blackberry.com and then navigate from there.
    11-01-09 02:01 PM
    the Tour is A LOT better phone then a storm is. I would never go to AT&t though. If you had bad service with Verizon then I can only imagin how bad at&t will be for you then.

The Tours problems have been corrected by RIM already, theres really not anything wrong with the new Tours anymore at all
    11-01-09 02:22 PM
    ATT= Horrible Network
    Storm= Horrible phone on great network

Tour= Replacement that Verizon should have given each storm customer free of charge for having to put up with the problems it had.
    11-01-09 04:19 PM
    I suggest getting a tour. It really is a great phone. The bold is also a really solid phone but I am not a fan of at&t I would rather have a tour on vzw which is why I do.

The storm was released to early it wasn't ready. The storm 2 is what the storm 1 should have been. The tour is more solid overall then the storm 1.
    11-01-09 04:28 PM
    I'm looking at used Tours on eBay, not a new one. I don't want to extend my contract, and need to try out the Tour to see if it's ok enough to use. I read on another thread here that they were suggesting looking on eBay, so I'm looking there.

I've checked the for sale thread here and see a few available, but they seem to go quick,... and are a bit more than I'd like to pay. One of the other threads here seem to indicate that I would've been able to pick up a Tour for around $250 but haven't seen that to be the case as yet.

For those of you who say that AT&T is a horrible network, could you shed some light on what are some of the horror stories? My network coverage with Verizon itself hasn't been all that great and has been slowly getting worse and worse over the years... and my clients and friends who are on AT&T seem to be just fine.

In any event, thank you for the kind replies. If there are any other answers, please do let me know. I'm going to post a want ad in the forum now.
    11-01-09 07:37 PM
    The Tour is better, I know a lot of people that hate the fact that they got the Strom, one of them had his replaced 4 times for various issues..
    11-02-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD