I was set on buying the blackberry 8900 until i saw pics of the blackberry tour... It had everything i needed, however im guessing rogers wont carry it initally because the phone is CDMA. I currently do NOT have a data plan on my pearl and if i upgraded to another blackberry i would have to get a data plan. But the 8900 is on the edge network not 3g.

Is there any hope this phone will be coming to rogers?
    Is the 8900 worth buying even if it doesnt have 3g?

Thanks in advance!
    05-10-09 07:12 PM
    I was set on buying the blackberry 8900 until i saw pics of the blackberry tour... It had everything i needed, however im guessing rogers wont carry it initally because the phone is CDMA. I currently do NOT have a data plan on my pearl and if i upgraded to another blackberry i would have to get a data plan. But the 8900 is on the edge network not 3g.

Thanks in advance!
    the Tour as it is currently configured will never work on the Rogers Network
    Rogers has the Bold so there is no need for a Tour on the Rogers network
    the 8900 has everything the tour has to offer except 3G...BUT the 8900 has WiFi and the Tour does not
    The Bold also offers everything the Tour does PLUS WiFi AND simultaneous data and voice
    the fact that the tour is the latest release from Rim seems to be the reason you want the device
    the Tour honestly brings nothing new to the table to make you want to switch carriers
    Last edited by giantfan30; 05-10-09 at 07:28 PM.
    05-10-09 07:24 PM
    If you look at the recently released pictures of the Onyx, it is pretty much the GSM version of the Tour. Rogers may get this or the Driftwood so you can wait and get one of those.
    05-10-09 08:58 PM

Thanks in advance!

you may want to consider grabbing a Bold...

Otherwise wait for the other device coming
    05-10-09 09:05 PM
    When in doubt get a storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 09:08 PM
    When in doubt get a storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

sound's like he is looking for a keyboard
    05-10-09 10:02 PM
    So can someone explain this simulatenous data + voice thing to me?

Is it like if I buy a Tour, and I am surfing the web, and then someone tries to call me it will just be sent directly to voice mail?
    05-10-09 10:08 PM
    So can someone explain this simulatenous data + voice thing to me?

Is it like if I buy a Tour, and I am surfing the web, and then someone tries to call me it will just be sent directly to voice mail?
    I had the same question, and CX answered it pretty well in this post.
    05-10-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD