Hello,

I am new to Blackberries and the BB Tour is my first one. I just got this late last week and ran into a situation today that made me curious.

A friend texted me from a different number he has, and I have his primary number in my contacts database. So I tried some ways to add the number from my text message to the contact list but could not. It always wanted to create a new contact entry.

It wasn't really a big deal, but I had to write down the number and add it manually to his contact entry.

Is there something I missed that would've allowed me to add it from the call log?

Thanks.
    11-04-09 06:28 PM
    Hello,

I am new to Blackberries and the BB Tour is my first one. I just got this late last week and ran into a situation today that made me curious.

A friend texted me from a different number he has, and I have his primary number in my contacts database. So I tried some ways to add the number from my text message to the contact list but could not. It always wanted to create a new contact entry.

It wasn't really a big deal, but I had to write down the number and add it manually to his contact entry.

Is there something I missed that would've allowed me to add it from the call log?

Thanks.

Copy, then paste. Welcome to the world of mobile computing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 06:40 PM
    Menu>Copy #, go to Address book, open contact, Menu>Edit, Menu and Paste the # in the appropriate spot.

The app AddOnIs will allow you to add a number to an existing contact without the Copy/Paste routine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 06:41 PM
    If you're running .57, you now have a new contact alert for the contact that you just edited.
    11-04-09 07:33 PM
    Hey thanks alot everyone. I didn't know you could copy/paste. Pretty badass.
    11-04-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD