Hello,

I am from India and I bought used Blackberry Tour 9630 which I think is from some other country. It shows the logo of Sprint. When I insert my sim card (Tata Docomo is my carrier in India) it works fine I can use all services, make calls, send sms, use BBM etc. but it says: Activation Required where it should be showing the carrier name "TATA DOCOMO".

How to fix this ? I tried ##111111 and ##000000 but it does'nt works. After several tries the phone reset itself by saying "Too many attempts".

I also tried the uniCDMA guide from some thread but when i change port to COM4 it won't read the info from device. I am using Windows 7.

Please suggest how to get rid of "Activation Required" message ?

Thank you.
    09-13-11 04:13 AM
    Sounds like the phone is still locked to the Sprint Network. Go to Options/Advanced Options/Sim Card and press MEPD (in caps). NETWORK should say inactive. If it says active then you are still connected to Sprint somehow. You will need to unlock the phone. I used Unlock BlackBerry | BlackBerry Unlocking for my Verizon Tour that I put on the AT&T network. I hope this helps.

First though let us know what the NETWORK says under the Sim Card option.
    09-13-11 11:19 AM
    You likely will not be able to get rid of that message. Getting rid of it requires the MSL code which Sprint will not give you.

Search for that term and you will find other previous discussions.
    09-13-11 09:28 PM
    You need to use a MSL / SPC code - you can get it by MEID CDMA unlocking.
    the ##000000 works for Verizon devices but Sprint are locking thier devices with the MSL code.
    09-26-11 09:41 AM
    Hello,

I am from India and I bought used Blackberry Tour 9630 which I think is from some other country. It shows the logo of Sprint. When I insert my sim card (Tata Docomo is my carrier in India) it works fine I can use all services, make calls, send sms, use BBM etc. but it says: Activation Required where it should be showing the carrier name "TATA DOCOMO".

How to fix this ? I tried ##111111 and ##000000 but it does'nt works. After several tries the phone reset itself by saying "Too many attempts".

I also tried the uniCDMA guide from some thread but when i change port to COM4 it won't read the info from device. I am using Windows 7.

Please suggest how to get rid of "Activation Required" message ?

Thank you.
    Blackberry-unlocking is correct. This is the only way you are going to be able to do it and the link he gave you will work.
    09-26-11 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD