I have a new BB 9630 Tour--Verizon Wireless. Moved from a Curve 8330. Set up AOL and POP3 accounts. AOL works fine. POP3 account gives back an "Application Server--Action Required--Leave Messages on Server". I ALWAYS leave msgs on server since I check and download e-mails on several computers. Never had this problem with Curve with same POP3 account. Tried deleting account and setting up again. Tried resending service books. No luck. Is this an OS 4.7 thing? Any suggestions? Also tried battery pull. No luck. AOL and VZW mail are fine.

Garry
    07-23-09 12:14 AM
    They always give that message. Means nothing. If you read it you will see it is just telling you to make sure a set up your email to leave messages on server otherwise you will not get them on both your BB and desktop email.
    Please read the message all the way through and just go on with the setup you had...
    07-23-09 01:38 AM
    I have a new BB 9630 Tour--Verizon Wireless. Moved from a Curve 8330. Set up AOL and POP3 accounts. AOL works fine. POP3 account gives back an "Application Server--Action Required--Leave Messages on Server". I ALWAYS leave msgs on server since I check and download e-mails on several computers. Never had this problem with Curve with same POP3 account. Tried deleting account and setting up again. Tried resending service books. No luck. Is this an OS 4.7 thing? Any suggestions? Also tried battery pull. No luck. AOL and VZW mail are fine.

Garry
    I started getting this same thing recently after having made NO changes to my setup. Still don't understand why.
    07-23-09 01:44 AM
    Hey all,

Did anyone find where to select the KEEP MESSAGES ON SERVER option for AOL? I also like to check all email on a desktop after getting them on my phone...

Thanks,

Matt!
    11-07-09 09:15 PM
    Hey I found a solution to this problem for anyone who is still having it. The problem is you have too many messages on the server. Go to your email client or log into your account online and delete old messages. I mean delete A LOT of messages. I literally had to delete thousands of old messages. Delete them from the trash afterward so that they are permanently deleted. Then remove the email account from your BB, do a reset and then re-add the account. That should do it!
    05-13-11 01:52 PM
    Hey I found a solution to this problem for anyone who is still having it. The problem is you have too many messages on the server. Go to your email client or log into your account online and delete old messages. I mean delete A LOT of messages. I literally had to delete thousands of old messages. Delete them from the trash afterward so that they are permanently deleted. Then remove the email account from your BB, do a reset and then re-add the account. That should do it!
    i just set up a comcast email account and get this message everytime i resend my service books. i have 4 emails in my inbox so server space isnt an issue. and there are no settings to adjust it as the directions say to. its more for a 3rd party email handling client like Outlook or Lotus Notes or whatever, not an actual email service. iive never got this message on my yahoo or gmail accounts.
    05-16-11 03:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD