On more than one occasion I have missed calls due to my sounds being accidentally turned to silent or vibrate only mode. It is just too easy to accidentally select the 'sounds' icon located on the top left corner of the home screen while using the BB in every day use.

Is there a way to lock, disable or remove this sounds icon from the home screen so that the sound selection is not accidentally changed?
    04-13-10 07:47 AM
    I have the same question. I always keep the phone on vibrate so don't want to have this easy access to "Sounds" icon. It's too easy to accidentally change, plus that spot at the top of home screen could be put to better use. Is there a way to do this?

I have minimized the chance of the phone suddenly ringing loudly in my pocket. I've deleted the profiles that I'm allowed by BB to remove, but Normal, Vibrate, Silent & All Alerts Off remain. Have tweaked those to all essentially just be the same vibration profile.
    12-12-10 12:05 PM
    On more than one occasion I have missed calls due to my sounds being accidentally turned to silent or vibrate only mode. It is just too easy to accidentally select the 'sounds' icon located on the top left corner of the home screen while using the BB in every day use.

Is there a way to lock, disable or remove this sounds icon from the home screen so that the sound selection is not accidentally changed?
    I have to ask (out of curiosity) how you can "accidently" silence your phone. In order to silence the phone, you have to:
    1) "Highlight the speaker (sound profile) icon.
    2) Click the trackball (or hit the enter/return key)
    3) Scroll down to either the Vibrate Only or Silent setting
    4) Click the trackball (or hit the enter/return key) to select either the Vibrate Only or Silent sound profile.

I'm really curious how you can accidently perform four separate steps to change your sound profile to silent?
    12-13-10 07:07 AM
    Well, if u press and hold the q button, it will go to vibrate or back to whatever sound profile you had before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 12:09 PM
    I've had a tour for over a year now and have never done this either. Doesn't seem like it would be so easy to change either.
    12-13-10 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD