Hi there.

First-time blackberry user here. Just bought it yesterday.

The phone came with a USB cable, so I plugged my phone into the computer and Windows, of course, installed drivers. So I went into My Computer and under Portable Devices, clicked the Blackberry 9630 Mobile Phone thing. This brings me to the directory for the media card (Computer\BlackBerry 9630\Media Card).

I opened up the media card and to my surprise, it's completely empty. So I moved a picture that was saved on the phone itself onto the media card - what perplexed me at this point is that the phone says that there are subfolders within the media card, but I didn't think much of it, so I moved the picture and went to find it on my computer, but I couldn't find it anywhere. The media card is apparently blank.

I wasn't really convinced, so I took the microSD card out and stuck it into my SD card reader, and opened it up that way. All of the subfolders were there, and so was the picture that I had just moved.

But is there a way to access this by just having the phone plugged into the USB? It's really a pain in the **** to have to take out the SD card every time I want to take something off of it or put something on it.

Thanks in advance!
    08-18-09 04:47 PM
    Sounds weird, I can move pics/music/vids to and from my computer to my phone exactly like you are describing. I don't get the sub directories though. Did you drag and drop on the folder or did you open the file and then drag and drop? The only sub-directories I have on my media card are the ones I created.
    08-18-09 04:55 PM
    Sounds weird, I can move pics/music/vids to and from my computer to my phone exactly like you are describing. I don't get the sub directories though. Did you drag and drop on the folder or did you open the file and then drag and drop? The only sub-directories I have on my media card are the ones I created.
    I made subdirectories for ringtones and for pictures. The sound files I moved from my computer to the media card worked fine. When I tried using the phone itself to move pictures off the phone itself into that pictures folder, they would not show up unless I took the card out and put it into a card reader. I can't access them from my phone.
    08-18-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD