Come on guys, no sense in arguing about whether it is or isn't. Fact is we know it's coming and coming fairly soon. As you heard on CrackBerry FIRST, Telus is set for June 22nd. Verizon is shortly after as of right now. Is it in Verizon's system yet? Probably, but does it really matter? Not too much. Verizon's date is still the 13th to the best of my knowledge and I'll let ya know if it changes. No point in fighting about it.
    Thank you CX for confirming the 7/13 date!!!
    05-20-09 06:44 PM
    so ausch... wut did ur source say lol
    Lol, I think he's still unavailable on BBM.
    05-20-09 07:03 PM
    lol... HE BETTER COME ON SOON!!!
    05-20-09 07:05 PM
    jorGeorge I will apologize if I've started this "argument."

But still think what you want. Lol
    Hold on, I am making a snap shot of this post so I can put it in the archives. LOL
    05-20-09 07:05 PM
    lol... HE BETTER COME ON SOON!!!
    Lol, yup contact is busy.

Hold on, I am making a snap shot of this post so I can put it in the archives. LOL
    Lol, make sure to send me a copy.
    05-20-09 07:08 PM
    Thank you CX for confirming the 7/13 date!!!

I wouldn't say he confirmed it but more likely say that he said its on schedule. Verizon could change the date based on something else. Having the idea that its on schedule is good enough for me
    05-20-09 07:15 PM
    Come on guys, no sense in arguing about whether it is or isn't. Fact is we know it's coming and coming fairly soon. As you heard on CrackBerry FIRST, Telus is set for June 22nd. Verizon is shortly after as of right now. Is it in Verizon's system yet? Probably, but does it really matter? Not too much. Verizon's date is still the 13th to the best of my knowledge and I'll let ya know if it changes. No point in fighting about it.
    Thank Crucial for the info. I am with Telus and I look forward to try the Tour. My girlfriend needs a new phone and she loves my Storm. So if I like the Tour, she can I have my Storm.

If not then she gets the Tour and I keep my Storm.
    05-20-09 07:18 PM
    Thank Crucial for the info. I am with Telus and I look forward to try the Tour. My girlfriend needs a new phone and she loves my Storm. So if I like the Tour, she can I have my Storm.

If not then she gets the Tour and I keep my Storm.

then a week later after you give her the tour you will force her to trade the tour back to you for the storm haahah

then a month after that you will want the storm back ahah

Its a never ending cycle I think
    05-20-09 07:31 PM
    RIM will announce it closer to mid june. Just because it has not been officially announced doesnt mean its not coming. They could announce it a week before for all it matters, announcing it doesnt make it come out any sooner/later.
    05-20-09 10:02 PM
    RIM will announce it closer to mid june. Just because it has not been officially announced doesnt mean its not coming. They could announce it a week before for all it matters, announcing it doesnt make it come out any sooner/later.

yes and the truth is there is a few other things which I think also play a roll in anouncing things as well that we fail to remember. In verizon's sake they have a few phones coming out that may not apeal to us but are definitely worth while phones for others.... IE the env touch and I thought there was 2 other phones semi quick.

So in reality Verizon themselves are going to push those phones right off the bat for the time being anyway.

Rim itself anounced that the storm 2 was on the way. I think thats the device there probably thinking needs to most push because its mostly a consumer device....

I think that a phone like the tour once it sits on shelf is more of a long term type phone where it will be there for a really long time just like the current curve and pearl and such yes?
    05-20-09 10:14 PM
    thank you cx. you make waiting for the niagara so much easier. i am 100% sure my next phone will be the 9630. please keep us informed if verizon's plans change. thanks again.
    05-20-09 10:16 PM
    Thanks CX. Nice to know the rep I talked too seemed to know what he was talking about. Seemed like a Blackberry Nut like the rest of us when he kept me on the phone for another 15mins talking BB and shop.

Can't wait to get this phone.
    05-20-09 10:44 PM
    On May 20, 2009 @ 11:45 pm, fan_of_fanboys Said:

jorGeorge

I assure you that is a shot of VZW inventory order system. ACSS if you want the program name. I sent that in so I know. I know the pealr flip is coming soon b/c I have seen several supervisors in my building using them and I confirmed the OS as well. I did not know about the purple. As far as the Tour no one in my building is using one, yet.
    It's real.
    05-20-09 11:34 PM
    I just wish they would let us know of the date the Tour will be out for us.
    05-21-09 12:05 AM
    Have to stir things up some more....

Ponder this....
    When Apple releases the new Iphone, Palm releases the PRE, the news will be all about these devices...

If RIM announces / releases some new models at that time, would it take some of the wind out of the sails of the other devices?

The announce date may be defined by a marketing plan to make sure folks don't lock into a contract with other phones if the new Blackberries were just revealed to the public.
    05-21-09 07:09 AM
    Have to stir things up some more....

Ponder this....
    When Apple releases the new Iphone, Palm releases the PRE, the news will be all about these devices...

If RIM announces / releases some new models at that time, would it take some of the wind out of the sails of the other devices?

The announce date may be defined by a marketing plan to make sure folks don't lock into a contract with other phones if the new Blackberries were just revealed to the public.
    If that is going to be the case, then we should expect an announcement in 2 weeks. We'll see!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 07:48 AM
    When Apple releases the new Iphone, Palm releases the PRE,
    crApple is releasing another "phone" [walkman]? When is this supposed to happen? (I don't care for myself, but I'm curious.)

And same question with the Pre... when is this thing ever supposed to arrive? I didn't know there was even an estimated release on the Pre.

As far as the theory about staggering release dates to not coincide with crApple or Handjob (Palm)... I'm not so sure that holds water. Its not the same as a blockbuster movie release where essentially Paramount and MGM (etc) are all competing for virtually the same movie going audiences -- that makes sense to stagger releases by a couple weeks.

But with cell phones, either you are confused about your sexuality and buy the crApple, or you actually want your phone to be useful and go for RIM. If you're nostalgic for the early 2000s and think that a Handjob (Palm) is still the best in pocket computing then you might try the Pre. These people are still waiting for Amiga to release a new OS, and Sega a new console. (Prediction: Pre will NOT be the blockbuster Sprint hopes for, Palm will go the way of the Dodo bird, and Sprint will wish they had embraced the 9630 with gusto).

Anyhow, staggering releases is just smoke & mirrors. If you have a good product you put it up against the rest and promote the he11 out of it... the chips will fall where they may. Example: notice the Curve is outselling the crApple; release dates had nothing to do with its success.
    05-21-09 08:59 AM
    truthfully with the pre and the iPhone on the horizon it would take a crazy phone to pull draw away from that..

The tour is not a iPhone/pre person stealer...

if it was those people would already probably have a bold...

if people will leave vzw for any of those 2 phones then why wouldn't they have left already for the bold?

The tour does not fight the phones you mentioned. If anything it would be the Storm 2 that they would target at that time.
    05-21-09 03:49 PM
    It'd be nice if VZW countered any Apple announcements at WWDC in the beginning of June with a new BBerry (iPhone killer, attempt 2).

Come on big red!
    05-21-09 08:09 PM
    It'd be nice if VZW countered any Apple announcements at WWDC in the beginning of June with a new BBerry (iPhone killer, attempt 2).

Come on big red!

I personally think that there will be no iPhone killer... The palm pre will get a ton of attention.. but nothing is really going to "kill" the iPhone its already to big to just stop. Think of the app store and everything already rolled out. people who love there iPhone love there iPhone. Years have passed sense its launch what we have now is different company's fighting to get newer technology which is the good thing. You don't want the iPhone to go away as it is a piece of the puzzle that pushes things along.
    05-21-09 08:41 PM
    Plus, the iPhone is a toy. It is a device that is used to wow high school and college kids and try to get some older users. BBs are not as fun as the iPhones but are better for productivity
    05-21-09 09:49 PM
    crApple is releasing another "phone" [walkman]? When is this supposed to happen? (I don't care for myself, but I'm curious.)

And same question with the Pre... when is this thing ever supposed to arrive? I didn't know there was even an estimated release on the Pre.

As far as the theory about staggering release dates to not coincide with crApple or Handjob (Palm)... I'm not so sure that holds water. Its not the same as a blockbuster movie release where essentially Paramount and MGM (etc) are all competing for virtually the same movie going audiences -- that makes sense to stagger releases by a couple weeks.

But with cell phones, either you are confused about your sexuality and buy the crApple, or you actually want your phone to be useful and go for RIM. If you're nostalgic for the early 2000s and think that a Handjob (Palm) is still the best in pocket computing then you might try the Pre. These people are still waiting for Amiga to release a new OS, and Sega a new console. (Prediction: Pre will NOT be the blockbuster Sprint hopes for, Palm will go the way of the Dodo bird, and Sprint will wish they had embraced the 9630 with gusto).

Anyhow, staggering releases is just smoke & mirrors. If you have a good product you put it up against the rest and promote the he11 out of it... the chips will fall where they may. Example: notice the Curve is outselling the crApple; release dates had nothing to do with its success.

the pre release date has been anounced for a while now...

june 6th is the official release date said by sprint...

and as far as the pre being bad... you will be laughed at..

I really think that the pre will probably do better then the storm in sales -- it seems like a extremely solid device.
    Last edited by noaim; 05-22-09 at 12:58 AM.
    05-21-09 09:56 PM
    If you have to explain the "handjob" joke every time you use it, it's not clever.

You could just as easily say Pre-***, it's no less offensive.

(using these terms to reference a hunk of plastic is offensive and tasteless generally. Unless you're talking about vibrators. But that's so very off-topic.)

My sexuality had nothing to do with my buying a Storm. Though I should probably have had my head examined.

And, not that it matters in your non-fact-based world, but the Curve is moving units on a BOGO deal.

Last edited by greho; 05-22-09 at 12:08 AM.
    05-21-09 11:59 PM
    If you have to explain the "handjob" joke every time you use it, it's not clever.

You could just as easily say Pre-***, it's no less offensive.

(using these terms to reference a hunk of plastic is offensive and tasteless generally. Unless you're talking about vibrators. But that's so very off-topic.)

My sexuality had nothing to do with my buying a Storm. Though I should probably have had my head examined.

And, not that it matters in your non-fact-based world, but the Curve is moving units on a BOGO deal.

the curve is the best selling smartphone...

that alone speaks a million words
    05-22-09 01:37 AM
    Plus, the iPhone is a toy. It is a device that is used to wow high school and college kids and try to get some older users. BBs are not as fun as the iPhones but are better for productivity
    My thoughts exactly, why try to compete in a completly different market, this phone is meant for business use as every blackberry is, I agree that they are trying to broaden their horiozons, but everyone needs to remember that blackberries are meant for business
    05-22-09 03:00 AM
107 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD