Hello, i have one piece 9630 that says 'activation required' and i have tried the method of using 'uniCDMA' and 'Hexworkshop'. Problem is when i select port to 'com4' it says 'Couldn't open port COM4'. Even the other comports are not working. Someone pls help...
    09-02-09 12:55 PM
    Did you purchase this phone from someone, or from Verizon directly?

If you purchased from someone, did they ever activate it on their line?
    09-02-09 12:56 PM
    Did you purchase this phone from someone, or from Verizon directly?

If you purchased from someone, did they ever activate it on their line?
    I bought it from a friend, i dont think he activated it...pls help
    09-02-09 01:23 PM
    Have your friend contact verizon, and have it activated initially. without having that done, the phone is useless to you.

They purchased the phone and its in limbo now with Verizon. I had a same problem with a storm, my friend called and activated it for 2 minutes on his line, called back and switched to his old phone and I was good to go with getting it active on my account.

Hope this helps.
    09-02-09 01:26 PM
    Have your friend contact verizon, and have it activated initially. without having that done, the phone is useless to you.

They purchased the phone and its in limbo now with Verizon. I had a same problem with a storm, my friend called and activated it for 2 minutes on his line, called back and switched to his old phone and I was good to go with getting it active on my account.

Hope this helps.
    Do u know how to generate unlock code to activate phone?
    09-02-09 01:29 PM
    Personally no. Your friend may be able to get it unlocked through Verizon.

Other then that you can go through an online site, such as HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center � to get the phone unlocked.
    09-02-09 01:32 PM
    Ok, thanks for all your help guys..
    09-02-09 01:50 PM
    Never a problem.

If you have any more questions, dont hesitate to ask!!!
    09-02-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD