any quick fix/remedies for the 9630 trackball without having to take apart the device?

the trackball will not let me scroll up.

[fyi, i refuse (scared) to take the device apart]

thanks!
    03-13-10 11:30 AM
    Welcome to the family. Prettty much everyone who has a 9630 trackballs eventually stops working or has issues. Not much you can do but get it replaced if its like a TERRIBLE issue. Also, maybe you should consider upgrading to the new CDMA Bold once it releases
    03-13-10 11:33 AM
    You can try cleaning the trackball. If that doesn't work, then the only other option really is to replace the trackball or get a warranty swap if it's still available.
    03-13-10 11:50 AM
    Search this forum, or youtube, for the paper strip method of cleaning your trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 12:29 PM
    Search this forum, or youtube, for the paper strip method of cleaning your trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1 I use this too.
    03-13-10 02:54 PM
    It is interesting. I had not picked up my 8830 in months but yesterday had a reason to do so. It was almost two years old and the trackball is still incredibly smooth in movements - feels like silk. My Tour (Sept 09) just feels gritty. I don't know why they had to change a design that worked, or, at least, could be more easily fixed.
    03-13-10 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD