you have your PRE users and you have your BERRY users..2 diff phones for 2 diff users.....Likes I said back in posts before Sprint wants to offer CHOICES for both
    preferences and make a strong move to be the top carrier...I don't see alot of berry people going to pre...but maybe the pre users jumping to the berry????
    That made me laugh.
    05-01-09 10:07 PM
    You should see the Pearl 8230 head to VZ/Sprint at some point.
    thank you.
    05-02-09 01:54 AM
    Laughter is the best medicine....like Sprint uers laughing at VZW users

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 05:17 AM
    Actually I think the reason he stated was because 4.7.1 wasn't coming along fast enough and wasn't what they wanted. So that's why they bumped it up to 5.0, I don't think it had nothing to do with the release date of the device.
    There are a few reasons why 4.7 was scrapped, both 4.7 and 4.7.1 cores.
    05-02-09 09:12 AM
    I would think they would launch both close together.
    That way they have a new media phone and a new buisness and world phone.
    I think if the launched them both at the same time then they would get a lot more customers.
    Especially if they got the niagra (I won't use the T word) lol before vzw did.

05-02-09 09:33 AM
    I would think they would launch both close together.
    That way they have a new media phone and a new buisness and world phone.
    I think if the launched them both at the same time then they would get a lot more customers.
    Especially if they got the niagara (I won't use the T word) lol before vzw did.

They wont though, that's a fact. The Pre is their big thing right now, and don't want anything to get in the middle of that. So it'll be Pre than 9630.

They were gonna release it before Verizon, but they want the Pre out first, so now Verizon is getting it before them.
    05-02-09 09:38 AM
    The Pre looks like a promising device but I'm going to wait for both the Tour and the Pre to come out before I make up my mind... Price point is definitely going to be involved - if the Pre launches at 199 and the Tour at 299, that's a pretty big difference in pricing. I love my BlackBerry but it IS limited as far as what it can do at the same time.
    05-04-09 03:47 PM
    Sprint has been testing the 9630 longer than Verizon. At the same time, Sprint also has the Pre launching. But Sprint is further along in the Dev of this device than Verizon is for sure.

Is it correct to assume that the Sprint version will be virtually identical to the VZN unit or would Sprint add/delete features to distinguish the two?

I have the Sprint 8830 WE and have been very pleased (particularly over the Treo that I previously used). It would be nice if it had a larger screen and was faster at surfing. I've also had issues when I recently upgraded to Desktop Manager 4.7. But overall I like the size and functions. It has been a solid phone.

I understand that the 9630 is in effect replacing the 8830. Other than getting the latest and greatest gizmo, will there be enough improvements to consider upgrading?
    Last edited by clasicsl; 05-07-09 at 10:41 AM.
    05-07-09 10:31 AM
    faster processor, better screen, similar keyboard to your phone - just a bit refined, updated OS.

If you qualify for an upgrade, go for it. You'll like it. The screen is not only larger but has a higher resolution as well, so it fits more on there.

Sprint wont have any features that the VZW doesn't. Sprint will only have an unlocked GPS, if you consider that a feature.
    05-08-09 12:09 AM
    faster processor, better screen, similar keyboard to your phone - just a bit refined, updated OS.

If you qualify for an upgrade, go for it. You'll like it. The screen is not only larger but has a higher resolution as well, so it fits more on there.

Sprint wont have any features that the VZW doesn't. Sprint will only have an unlocked GPS, if you consider that a feature.

Verizon's gps will be pretty much unlocked too..

it is on the storm as far as I can tell..

it works with every gps app I have tried..
    05-08-09 03:16 AM
    We should see this phone with Sprint between July 1st and September 30th!
    05-08-09 12:12 PM
    We should see this phone with Sprint between July 1st 2009 and September 30th2010!
    Fixed. Just wanted to make sure we could guarantee your information is correct.
    05-08-09 12:17 PM
    Fixed. Just wanted to make sure we could guarantee your information is correct.
    lol, we will definitely see it in that timeframe!
    05-08-09 12:23 PM
    What I don't get is why releasing the Pre would stop the 9630 for that long. Give it a month or two max, people are only going to jump from a BB to the Pre early, and most BB people are just going to wait for the 9630 anyway. With all the other trash they had on the roadmap (3 WinMo phones and another palm phone), not like they aren't already going to be putting out a ton of phones anyway.
    05-10-09 10:05 PM
    Verizon's gps will be pretty much unlocked too..

it is on the storm as far as I can tell..

it works with every gps app I have tried..
    wow fanboy, this is regarding sprint. we know 100% it will be unlocked on sprint. go back to your vzw forums and shut up with your pointless comments.
    05-10-09 10:49 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD