Apropos the genius Sprint management who chose Palm over RIM:

(see link to diff thread)

pre-peeing-blood
    Last edited by theadrock13; 06-09-09 at 12:49 PM.
    06-09-09 12:34 PM
    i am sorry, i took that as part of the "management bashing"
    no problems mate
    06-09-09 01:42 PM
    Lets try to stay on topic CB users & abusers. This forum has nothing to do with the Pre, iPhone, or management, this is about the 9630 to Sprint in June?
    06-09-09 02:53 PM
    Doesn't every thread have posts about those other devices?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 03:50 PM
    Sorry, but I came to this thread to find about any rumors of new BB's (9630 maybe???) for Sprint. Not to find out which carrier is better.

Please stick to the topic. It makes it difficult for readers to sift through 14 pages of quibbling.

I didn't find any useful information on this thread.
    06-10-09 05:57 PM
    Sorry, but I came to this thread to find about any rumors of new BB's (9630 maybe???) for Sprint. Not to find out which carrier is better.

Please stick to the topic. It makes it difficult for readers to sift through 14 pages of quibbling.

I didn't find any useful information on this thread.
    Prime example of why you see multiple threads with the same topic. Most of em get filled with bs and you can never find the answer you were looking for.

06-10-09 06:04 PM
    Well, I am bummed now. My USB port finally completely fell apart on my 8830WE. I cannot be without a phone for who knows how long using a mail-in repair service. Maybe this is it... a sign that I need to get the Pre instead of holding out for the 9630.

Unless anyone knows of a BB repair service in Tacoma/Seattle area? It sucks to be so close and not be able to make it to the release of the 9630.
    06-10-09 07:45 PM
    Well, I am bummed now. My USB port finally completely fell apart on my 8830WE. I cannot be without a phone for who knows how long using a mail-in repair service. Maybe this is it... a sign that I need to get the Pre instead of holding out for the 9630.

Unless anyone knows of a BB repair service in Tacoma/Seattle area? It sucks to be so close and not be able to make it to the release of the 9630.
    You should have added insurance during May's open enrollment for insurance. Since it's too late for that maybe you can find a charger that charges the battery while not in the device. Might be something to tide you over. Just a thought.
    06-10-09 07:56 PM
    Sprint has recently reduced the price of their 8330 to $49.95 after $100 rebate.

I wonder if that signals anything? Maybe they want to get rid of their 8330 stock to get ready for its replacement??

Think 89xx or 9xxx ???
    06-10-09 08:13 PM
    Verizon is getting the Tour first, does anybody remember how the 8830 came out? Didnt it come out to Verizon first
    06-10-09 08:50 PM

There's no such thing as "signs" in life. Make intelligent decisions based on fact. Fact: The Pre has turned out to be a very sub-par phone. Poor battery life, limited in even basic functions, poor reception, and on and on and on.

As far as your USB port going out, you can always spend 20 bucks on one of the BlackBerry charging cradles that charges your phone through the two brass contact points on the back. If you need to sync with your computer, you can use bluetooth.
    06-10-09 09:52 PM
    There's no such thing as "signs" in life. Make intelligent decisions based on fact. Fact: The Pre has turned out to be a very sub-par phone. Poor battery life, limited in even basic functions, poor reception, and on and on and on.

As far as your USB port going out, you can always spend 20 bucks on one of the BlackBerry charging cradles that charges your phone through the two brass contact points on the back. If you need to sync with your computer, you can use bluetooth.
    Pre SUB PAR!!! you have to be kidding right ? have you used the phone?? have you played with it?? Please don't make me laugh the Pre is an awesome phone and its features such as multitasking cards and synergy are making the Iphone and BB going back to the drawing board. battery life sure it could be better, but after playing with its newness battery life will get better. all this can be fixed with an update. Out of the gates PALM has done a fantastic job with the Pre compared to other smart phones out there that got alot of hype.
    06-11-09 02:34 AM
    Pre SUB PAR!!! you have to be kidding right ? have you used the phone?? have you played with it?? Please don't make me laugh the Pre is an awesome phone and its features such as multitasking cards and synergy are making the Iphone and BB going back to the drawing board. battery life sure it could be better, but after playing with its newness battery life will get better. all this can be fixed with an update. Out of the gates PALM has done a fantastic job with the Pre compared to other smart phones out there that got alot of hype.
    More off topic posts. Good lord.
    You might want to read the article that was posted on the main CB page - Top 8 Reasons Why Palm Pre�€™s Got Nothin�€™ on BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

There are some very VALID points on why the Pre isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread.

---------

So, bringing this back (again) to Sprint's Tour release date... check out this post over on the SprintUsers forum - SprintUsers.com - View Single Post - Tour 9630 - Pre Release Thread

Can anyone here verify if this is just another silly rumor of if this is real?
    Last edited by ChaosShadow; 06-12-09 at 11:02 AM.
    06-11-09 11:52 AM
    check out this post over on the SprintUsers forum - SprintUsers.com - View Single Post - Tour 9630 - Pre Release Thread

Wow chaos, good find. I've heard similar rumors about some chipset patent stuff, but that link had much more explanation. Sounds credible and goes along with earlier corroborating rumors.

I also agree with the poster in that link, my Curve is making me ill with all the hourglassing, and now I have to wait an indefinite amount of time for the 9630 because they blew their load on the flopping Pre. I'm a long time Sprinter, but its getting harder all the time to hang around. By the time Sprint gets the 9630, if the Onyx is available at AT$T, I might have to jump the fence.
    06-11-09 01:02 PM
    Wow chaos, good find. I've heard similar rumors about some chipset patent stuff, but that link had much more explanation. Sounds credible and goes along with earlier corroborating rumors.

I also agree with the poster in that link, my Curve is making me ill with all the hourglassing, and now I have to wait an indefinite amount of time for the 9630 because they blew their load on the flopping Pre. I'm a long time Sprinter, but its getting harder all the time to hang around. By the time Sprint gets the 9630, if the Onyx is available at AT$T, I might have to jump the fence.
    Thanks. Some of the other posters in that thread are leaning towards the chipset information being a rumor... but, it DOES seem fairly credible. I guess we'll see with time if that information holds water.

(Sidenote - I'm sick of my Curve hourglassing too... T.T)
    06-11-09 01:33 PM
    Yes, for your information, I HAVE played with it. You go ahead and waste your money on it, but don't say we didn't tell you so. Unless you're a tween that uses it mostly to text and surf the web, you're going to be very disappointed. Actually, even those things are a problem. People are complaining about the text capabilities, and the internet connection and signal strength is extremely poor. It fluctuates up and down and people that used to get coverage in their house with their previous phone are now having major issues even making and receiving phone calls.
    06-11-09 02:42 PM

That's not normal for your Curve to be doing that. You don't need to accept that, and wait around. If you haven't already upgraded to OS 4.5, do it. That should help with some of the problems. If you already have, you probably need to do a wipe and fresh install. If that's still doing it, you might have a bad app somewhere causing a conflict. Find it and remove it. If that's still not working, get a replacement Curve. I believe BB has a 1 year warranty on their devices, and the Sprint BB's haven't even been out a year year I don't think.
    06-11-09 02:46 PM
    I saw ads on TV today from sprint. They are dropping the curve to $50! That can only mean something new is coming very soon!

06-12-09 03:09 AM
218 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD