I just got an early upgrade $100 discount from VZW that expires on May 31 so you know the release will be after that!
    04-12-09 08:58 AM
    If the 9630 comes out before the new storm OS I think I will be going for the Niagara.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 09:23 AM
    If the 9630 comes out before the new storm OS I think I will be going for the Niagara.

I don't care if an amazing OS comes out for the Storm. You still cannot beat a real keyboard. I am jumping ship the day the Niagara comes out...and I am most likely paying full retail, too.

04-12-09 12:30 PM
    Well I didn't want to say it but I am too! With or without wi fi!

04-12-09 12:37 PM
    I don't care if an amazing OS comes out for the Storm. You still cannot beat a real keyboard. I am jumping ship the day the Niagara comes out...and I am most likely paying full retail, too.

i can live without a solid qwerty when it comes to messing around/having fun/browsing on a phone... but def /agree. i'll need one when it comes to a phone to do everything for me.

and niagara will be that perfect phone. cannot wait.
    04-12-09 12:42 PM
    Well I spoke with a friend of mine at VZW, and they said they didn't even get their hands on the hardware(Niagara) so with that in saying it might be a later date then May. VzW tests the heck out of their products because they want the best going out. Can't say much for the Storm but the Storm was released before it was expected to due to the DEMAND! So don't lose hope, Niagara will Fall...lol Now it's all a waiting game.
    04-12-09 04:36 PM
    Well I spoke with a friend of mine at VZW, and they said they didn't even get their hands on the hardware(Niagara) so with that in saying it might be a later date then May. VzW tests the heck out of their products because they want the best going out. Can't say much for the Storm but the Storm was released before it was expected to due to the DEMAND! So don't lose hope, Niagara will Fall...lol Now it's all a waiting game.
    Verizon is currently testing the 9630. They're testing software versions of 4.7.1 and 5.0. I'm not sure how much knowledge of what's actually going on that your friend has, but Verizon is currently in testing with the 9630.
    04-12-09 07:47 PM
    Verizon is currently testing the 9630. They're testing software versions of 4.7.1 and 5.0. I'm not sure how much knowledge of what's actually going on that your friend has, but Verizon is currently in testing with the 9630.
    crucial are they testing it with wifi and without wifi, or has Verizon already made there decision on the matter
    04-12-09 07:51 PM
    crucial are they testing it with wifi and without wifi, or has Verizon already made there decision on the matter
    i think recall crucial saying he would explain the wifi/no wifi debate+decision at a later date.. but don't quote me on that.

-cow
    04-12-09 10:32 PM
    guys i think the verizon BOGO sale says it all. even though some people say its just to boost sales, the fact that they are extending the sale date to April 31st shows that they are clearing out inventory for the niagara. they could just have the sale for the pearl as everyone thought the pearl flip would come at CTIA but every single blackberry is two for one. remember, the sale was supposed to end march 31st but now its been extended, so the more they clear out inventory the better it is. i wouldn't be surprised if the sale ended april 31st and then they announced niagara at WES and then release it soon after. remember, those may 2007 8830 buyers need a new phone to upgrade to or else they would just go to the new iphone. verizon would not want that to happen
    04-12-09 10:45 PM
    Well if thats the case, then I believe we are closer to a release date than some people think. Yes, VZW takes a while to test their devices (other than the Storm) but I think they are probably looking at a May/early June release to compete with the iPhone crowd.
    04-12-09 10:54 PM
    well stang68 I was a follower of the storm with you and like then I'm agreeing now as well. you said it very well in your replies below!

Well, RIM could not have liked how the Bold was annouced at WES and launched in November in the States which tells me that when they announce it at WES, we will see it pretty soon after that. Maybe end of the month, possibly June.

yay for testing it now but what about Telus are they testing as well? I'd love to get this phone soon, you know me lol!! hope you and your family had a GREAT Easter, Cru! Not too much chocolate for the small ones though!

04-12-09 10:59 PM
    If the phone is currently being tested than maybe the niagara really will be released on May 4

Keeping my fingers crossed
    04-12-09 11:09 PM
    well stang68 I was a follower of the storm with you and like then I'm agreeing now as well. you said it very well in your replies below!
    Yeah, but lets hope the Niagara comes out a little better than the Storm!
    04-12-09 11:22 PM
    If the phone is currently being tested than maybe the niagara really will be released on May 4

Keeping my fingers crossed
    I highly doubt the May 4 release. It hasn't even been announced, unless they'll do a soft launch(I think that's what its called), but I highly doubt they will. We won't see this till a little after WES. I'll say a month or so.

04-12-09 11:56 PM
    I highly doubt the May 4 release. It hasn't even been announced, unless they'll do a soft launch(I think that's what its called), but I highly doubt they will. We won't see this till a little after WES. I'll say a month or so.

month or so from now or from WES
    04-13-09 12:34 AM
    From WES. About a month or so.

04-13-09 01:26 AM
    it is possible that the may 4 could be possible for horizonwireless because it doesn't claim to be verizon branded. so they could get their hands on some perhaps ones heading to europe? and the vzw ones will be out later.
    04-13-09 01:44 AM
    I am not sure who your friend is.. but as CX stated Vzw has test units in the field running 4.7 and 5.0 builds.

The device is undergoing the same testing as most new BB devices but since its similar in spec to the "known" devices like the 8830 and 8330 units and not a new type like the storm its going much smoother. You have to remember RIM has been doing CDMA devices for a long time.

Its only when they switch up the type (3G, Touchscreen) that issues arise. The 9630 is their bread and butter.

I would expect to see the phone announced at WES... now when it goes on sale????? who knows....
    04-13-09 01:49 AM
    Eh I'd prefer it on GSM > CDMA.

(yes, random, but I thought I should put it out there.)

And I'd assume the GSM one would be out earlier, you'd just have to get it online. (European/Asian version)

Right?
    04-13-09 07:03 AM
    I started to prepare for an August launch with all the news that was coming up lately, but now I'm starting to wonder if BB will shoot for the May/June release that was thought of beforehand.

I'm wondering since the Palm Pre is gonna be released soon, and the iPhone in July, wouldn't it be best for BB to market inbetween the two? Just a theory.
    04-13-09 11:46 AM
    With all the rumors talking about an early summer release rather than late summer I'm definitely getting my hopes up
    04-13-09 01:06 PM
    I'm thinking about selling the Storm now while it might have more value and use my Curve for the next month or 2........
    04-13-09 01:14 PM
    I am really hoping for the may release, my ne2 is may 10th and i was thinking about the storm, but since i heard about the 9630, i am really looking forward to getting this phone. May 9th release date would be perfect
    04-13-09 01:15 PM
    With all the rumors talking about an early summer release rather than late summer I'm definitely getting my hopes up
    what rumors say early summer? From what i've seen, anyone in the know says august then a bunch of other people say "well someone at verizon said..." or "earlier summer makes sense to me with the pre and new iphone..."

unless i missed something
    04-13-09 01:31 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD