how do you do those online chats with verizon reps? i need to ask a question but dont feel like calling them and going through all that

thanks
    if you go look at "phones and accessories" on the website and pretend you're going to pick up a phone, in the upper right hand corner of a list of phones or devices or whatever, there's a box that says "shopping assistant"
    it'll pop up with a box that will load with a live chat with a verizon rep.
    06-21-09 08:54 PM
    if you go look at "phones and accessories" on the website and pretend you're going to pick up a phone, in the upper right hand corner of a list of phones or devices or whatever, there's a box that says "shopping assistant"
    it'll pop up with a box that will load with a live chat with a verizon rep.
    the shopping assistant comes up as what i have decided to purchase...idk what im doing wrong, sorry
    06-21-09 09:09 PM
    hmm, if you roam around the phones for long enough, there's a little red box that comes up.
    sorry about it, it usually pops up randomly as i surf phones and things.
    06-21-09 09:37 PM
    hmm, if you roam around the phones for long enough, there's a little red box that comes up.
    sorry about it, it usually pops up randomly as i surf phones and things.

this is how I have always talked to them too

like if your looking at shopping it seems to just come up..
    06-21-09 11:28 PM
    Is it just me, or does no one else realize that the probability of a "13th" release is highly unlikely. For the same reason you never close a deal on the 13th, most buildings don't have a 13th floor, etc. It's bad business (read: superstitious) practice. It's like jinxing the device.

Just my 200K.
    It doesn't seem terribly unlikely. Granted, I would have loved to get a release date confirmed by now but I think we're ok. If we don't see one in a week and a half, then we can start to worry
    06-22-09 02:11 AM
    It doesn't seem terribly unlikely. Granted, I would have loved to get a release date confirmed by now but I think we're ok. If we don't see one in a week and a half, then we can start to worry
    I don't really think my post had anything to do with confirming a release date. According to most 13 is an unlucky number. I don't think there will be a 13th release date.
    06-22-09 06:06 AM
    Assuming Verizon is a creature of ritual the question based on all this would then seem to be: What day of the week does Verizon release phones on? (Friday?)
    06-22-09 06:55 AM
    So on the day it is released, should I just get to the store really early on that day, maybe an hour or two before opening? I really want this on the first day, but I don't think lining up all night will be necessary. In fact, who knows if it will even sell out first day.
    06-22-09 09:04 AM
    So on the day it is released, should I just get to the store really early on that day, maybe an hour or two before opening? I really want this on the first day, but I don't think lining up all night will be necessary. In fact, who knows if it will even sell out first day.
    Or you can order it via customer service and have it delivered to your front door (free overnight shipping).
    06-22-09 09:17 AM
    Or you can order it via customer service and have it delivered to your front door (free overnight shipping).
    haha yea I know, but I want it the FIRST day!! I don't want to wait! Yes I'm impatient, I'm also sick of this voyager!
    06-22-09 01:42 PM
    haha yea I know, but I want it the FIRST day!! I don't want to wait! Yes I'm impatient, I'm also sick of this voyager!
    I, too, like to get my new phone as quickly as possible, but I'm willing to wait the 1 day and order it online just for the instant rebate. At least that way I don't have to worry about cutting up the box, mailing out the rebate form, and waiting to get rebate in the mail. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, you don't pay sales tax on the portion of the price deducted by the rebate.
    06-22-09 01:50 PM
    I, too, like to get my new phone as quickly as possible, but I'm willing to wait the 1 day and order it online just for the instant rebate. At least that way I don't have to worry about cutting up the box, mailing out the rebate form, and waiting to get rebate in the mail. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, you don't pay sales tax on the portion of the price deducted by the rebate.

do you know if there is discounts online if your paying full retail?
    06-22-09 02:40 PM
    do you know if there is discounts online if your paying full retail?
    i'm PRETTY sure full retail is the same, doesn't matter if you go in store or not.
    you can check it though, but i think they only give you an online discount on whatever price it is if you're eligible for an upgrade.
    06-22-09 02:45 PM
    i'm PRETTY sure full retail is the same, doesn't matter if you go in store or not.
    you can check it though, but i think they only give you an online discount on whatever price it is if you're eligible for an upgrade.

thats what I figured but.. I will look the night it gets up on the website and if not I will just jam over to the store Thanks
    06-22-09 02:55 PM
    Yep, that's the case. Full retail will be the same price as you'd pay in the store. If I were paying retail for the phone, I'd just get it at the store. Yeah, you spend a little time driving to and from the store, but you have it the same day.
    06-22-09 03:09 PM

SRSLY give me now. I hope they actually release it on the date on the screen.
    06-22-09 03:44 PM
    Yep, that's the case. Full retail will be the same price as you'd pay in the store. If I were paying retail for the phone, I'd just get it at the store. Yeah, you spend a little time driving to and from the store, but you have it the same day.

the store is about 2 miles from my house haha so no biggy
    06-22-09 03:48 PM
    anyone see this?
    from sprints faq:
    $199.99 with a new line of service or eligible upgrade, two-year service agreement and $50 instant rebate and $100 mail-in rebate.

so retail is $350????
    06-22-09 03:48 PM
    anyone see this?
    from sprints faq:
    $199.99 with a new line of service or eligible upgrade, two-year service agreement and $50 instant rebate and $100 mail-in rebate.

so retail is $350????

no at minimum retail will be 499...

most of us are assuming retail is actually going to be 599.00

telus retail is looking like its going to be 649.00
    06-22-09 03:49 PM
    when do you think a release date will be annouced? I think it might be sometime this week or sometime next week.
    06-22-09 04:36 PM
    Thanks for the info about the instant rebate, will there actually be one for ordering online with a brand new phone? Sorry to sound ignorant, I never ordered a phone as soon as it released or online.
    06-22-09 05:00 PM
    Thanks for the info about the instant rebate, will there actually be one for ordering online with a brand new phone? Sorry to sound ignorant, I never ordered a phone as soon as it released or online.
    The BB Flip 8230 was just released on Friday and has a $70 mail-in rebate so newly released phones do, in fact, have rebates from the get go.
    06-22-09 05:21 PM
    i guess this can go in pre-release discussion..generally speaking, how early does a phone go into a companies inventory before they are released?

or better yet, i know that vzw and sprint launched their teaser sites over a week ago i believe?

does anyone know, generally speaking, how much in advance companies release information like this before the actual product releases?

sorry for the noob question -_-
    06-23-09 05:06 AM
    G Bean Is Right ..sprint Website Shows 199.99 With New Activation Or Eligible Upgrade (and 100.00 Mail In Rebate) Looks Like A Nice Deal From Sprint Hopefully Verizon Ante's Up On That
    06-23-09 10:58 AM
    i guess this can go in pre-release discussion..generally speaking, how early does a phone go into a companies inventory before they are released?

or better yet, i know that vzw and sprint launched their teaser sites over a week ago i believe?

does anyone know, generally speaking, how much in advance companies release information like this before the actual product releases?

sorry for the noob question -_-

its different almost all the time.. there is no real pattern to it..

mostly stock is usually in the day before or maybe 2 days before release..

sometimes that could be different.
    06-23-09 03:51 PM
593 ... 21222324
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD