Mind if I come in the waiting room? I'll just sit over in the corner with my Storm trying to figure out how I'm going to afford paying retail for the 9630.
    04-03-09 07:24 AM
    I hope this phone is all everyone is making it out to be. You know how everyone thought the storm was going to be the best thing to hit vzw and then many people took them back just to use their curve again. Not trying to dis the storm, but i just hope this new phone its everything people are making it out to be.

Also for people wondering when this phone is supposed to hit vzw sometime in May is what I have gotten confirmed from my buddy that works with vzw.
    Last edited by thinkamp; 04-03-09 at 07:45 AM.
    04-03-09 07:34 AM
    I hope this phone is all everyone is making it out to be. You know how everyone thought the storm was going to be the best thing to hit vzw and then many people took them back just to use their curve again. Not trying to dis the storm, but i just hope this new phone its everything people are making it out to be.
    I never thought the storm was going to be all that. Nor did my buddy who loves bb. One person I work with thought it was gonna be all that but after launch agrees that it is not all that. In fact only one person that I know really likes their storm.
    04-03-09 08:49 AM
    Thhe BB Storm was my first phone, I didn't have problems with getting use to it, you can also check out the lecture series of BB's there is a lot of info in there

http://crackberry.com/crack-team/cra...blackberry-101

Are there any seats left in here? I can't really contribute anything useful anywhere else since I don't actually own a BB yet, so I guess this is the place for me.

So here's a question: Once we have a "real" release date, would it be crazy for a noob like me to get a Curve 20 or so days before the Niagara release just to get used to how BBs work and then switch over while I'm still in my 30 day window? Or is it possible that we're all going to be on waiting lists for this baby for such a long time that I'd have to stay with the Curve if I did that?
    04-03-09 09:01 AM
    I, too, will be owning the 9630 as my first ever BB device. I know I am not alone when I say I am very excited for this device to be in my hands. Were I to be completely honest with you here, I'd say that half of the fun is following all these rumors and "First Impressions" videos, courtesy of BGR and Crackbery.com.
    Seeing as I'm due for an update around May anyways (upgrading from a EnV2...ugh) I'm even more anxious because it will be almost affordable!

Heres a question, though...I've seen several people make comments on various forums about the 9630 featuring a touch screen similar to the Storm.
    Really?
    I believe this is bogus because, really...if it were a touch screen do you think that RIM could keep a tight lid on it till release date? Even Apple can't keep a lid on all their "top-secret" features for all that long.
    So my question is this...
    What is their motivation? Why do these people INSIST that this phone will have a touch screen?
    Because, based off of what I have seen so far (and I've been doing some extensive research) nothing except for having the Storm's radios etc could make them believe something so ridiculous.
    Oh, and something about "black spaces and black bars" around the screen, similar to the Storm.
    Who knows, maybe I'll eat my words come May/June/July lol.

Until that blessed day, I'll be the new guy, waiting over here in North Texas with a few hundred bucks in my pocket and my browser constantly set to crackberry.com

P.S-this is my first forum post....ever. SO, you know. Go me
    04-03-09 09:02 AM
    The Niagra will not be touchscreen. The touchscreen "Bold" is the 99xx also referred to as the Pluto

I, too, will be owning the 9630 as my first ever BB device. I know I am not alone when I say I am very excited for this device to be in my hands. Were I to be completely honest with you here, I'd say that half of the fun is following all these rumors and "First Impressions" videos, courtesy of BGR and Crackbery.com.
    Seeing as I'm due for an update around May anyways (upgrading from a EnV2...ugh) I'm even more anxious because it will be almost affordable!

Heres a question, though...I've seen several people make comments on various forums about the 9630 featuring a touch screen similar to the Storm.
    Really?
    I believe this is bogus because, really...if it were a touch screen do you think that RIM could keep a tight lid on it till release date? Even Apple can't keep a lid on all their "top-secret" features for all that long.
    So my question is this...
    What is their motivation? Why do these people INSIST that this phone will have a touch screen?
    Because, based off of what I have seen so far (and I've been doing some extensive research) nothing except for having the Storm's radios etc could make them believe something so ridiculous.
    Oh, and something about "black spaces and black bars" around the screen, similar to the Storm.
    Who knows, maybe I'll eat my words come May/June/July lol.

Until that blessed day, I'll be the new guy, waiting over here in North Texas with a few hundred bucks in my pocket and my browser constantly set to crackberry.com

P.S-this is my first forum post....ever. SO, you know. Go me
    04-03-09 09:04 AM
    The 9630 will also be my first BlackBerry as well. I am in college and would greatly appreciate the convenience of on-the-go email, along with the superb calendar/task applications. Carrying around a bulky, school-issued laptop is not very ideal. With spotty WiFi around campus, I can rarely get a fast and reliable connection. Communication to both my professors and classmates is essential. I already picked out my very first application which is going to be StudentDocket.

I am really looking forward to its release, and I am still hopeful to get the phone before next semester starts (for obvious reasons). This is going to be one **** of a wait...
    04-03-09 10:23 AM
    I got the Storm on release day. I was really considering getting this when it comes out. But then I realized that it's not like I use my phone for business so for me it's just a luxury. I'll wait until I can do my annual upgrade with my $50 VIP discount. Maybe there will be something better out then.
    04-03-09 10:43 AM
    I can't wait for that phone to come out. Unfortunately my contract isn't up until March 2010 making my earliest possible upgrade in November (even though the site's graphic green bar timeline shows more like August).

Mer.
    04-03-09 12:15 PM
    I can't wait!
    NE2 up in June.
    I thought it was May until a couple days ago when I checked. June works fine for me though.
    04-03-09 12:47 PM
    I can't wait for this BB either, the only problem is that I'm going to have to pay full retail for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 12:55 PM
    The odds of anyone owning a pre-release 9630 and being able to the software Kevin did, much less the newer software, so that it will function properly is slim to none. Not easy for people to get access to.

CX, you know that some people can still get their hands on this stuff. It may be more difficult, but there's still a chance they can. The only bad thing about it is the price, since it's a hot item right now they charge more. But **** it's still cheaper than a Storm at retail...
    04-03-09 01:09 PM
    I can't wait for that phone to come out. Unfortunately my contract isn't up until March 2010 making my earliest possible upgrade in November (even though the site's graphic green bar timeline shows more like August).

Mer.
    You actually should be able to upgrade March 09 (last month!) using the "Early Upgrade" or something or other feature on Verizon. This is activated 1 year after your contract started, so if your contract is up on March '10, then your 1 year should be March '09, and thus, if you hold out, when this phone comes out you can use your early upgrade (which means you'll get it at the 2 year contract discount but will lose your New Every 2 (NE2) discount)...way better than paying retail!

I hope this helps, I looked all over the internet for the explanation of the Early Upgrade as I will be eligible in Mid May (please oh please be when they drop this bad boy!). I apologize if this doesn't apply to your account, but it's worth looking into to avoid having to pay retail price.

Actually Just found out it is called "Annual Upgrade" and it is for all calling plans $49.95 or greater.
    Last edited by blevin3; 04-03-09 at 01:32 PM.
    04-03-09 01:16 PM
    I.WANT.IT....

That is all...

Takes a number...goes to sit in the corner and listen to my iPod...

04-03-09 01:50 PM
    Is there towel service in this room? Showers? Cafeteria? Exercise room? Am I allowed to bring women in here?

If I'm going to be here for a few months These things are essential.
    04-03-09 01:56 PM
    Is there towel service in this room? Showers? Cafeteria? Exercise room? Am I allowed to bring women in here?

LAWL

I'm with you on this one.
    04-03-09 02:15 PM
    Lol. Bring anything you want, just play nice.

04-03-09 02:20 PM
    We even have people to do your laundry.

04-03-09 02:32 PM
    We even have people to do your laundry.
    This is the best waiting room ever......

Be right back, I'm going to my apartment to give notice. I'll grab my furniture and stuff as well..

I'm assuming this is rent free.
    04-03-09 03:13 PM
    Accepting donations!!!

This is the best waiting room ever......

Be right back, I'm going to my apartment to give notice. I'll grab my furniture and stuff as well..

I'm assuming this is rent free.
    04-03-09 03:16 PM
    officially sick of my enV, they can announce the release date now...thanks lol
    04-03-09 04:01 PM
    You actually should be able to upgrade March 09 (last month!) using the "Early Upgrade" or something or other feature on Verizon. This is activated 1 year after your contract started, so if your contract is up on March '10, then your 1 year should be March '09, and thus, if you hold out, when this phone comes out you can use your early upgrade (which means you'll get it at the 2 year contract discount but will lose your New Every 2 (NE2) discount)...way better than paying retail!

I hope this helps, I looked all over the internet for the explanation of the Early Upgrade as I will be eligible in Mid May (please oh please be when they drop this bad boy!). I apologize if this doesn't apply to your account, but it's worth looking into to avoid having to pay retail price.

Actually Just found out it is called "Annual Upgrade" and it is for all calling plans $49.95 or greater.
    Hm, interesting. Only issue is that the plan I'm currently on is 39.99 + 5.00 texting so I don't know. However, when I do upgrade to a blackberry I will obviously be upping the price on my plan quite a bit.

Believe me, I'm still going to go down there when it first comes out and try to negotiate with them! Good to know all this info though, thanks!
    04-03-09 05:15 PM
    I need this to come out. Im completely fed up with my lg8300 that is over 2 years old, i was about to get the curve and then i heard about this so now im waiting!!! COME OUT SOON!!!
    04-03-09 05:25 PM
    the 9630 has completely quashed whatever urge i once had to get a Storm... and the timing is perfect. my NE2 is up in June, and my Pearl is getting seriously long in the tooth.

i'm so so so so glad i resisted my temptation to jump into the shallow Storm pool!
    04-03-09 06:34 PM
    OMG.. i am gonna chuck my storm against the wall. i want the 9630 already.. why would it take SO long to release the phone!!!!
    04-03-09 06:49 PM
593 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD