Just thought since the Storm had one of these, why can't the Niagara? So here it is, you can post your thoughts of the 9630, when you think it will come, will it be a good phone. Anything else. But there's ONE rule. NO FIGHTING!

Happy waiting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blueberry15; 04-02-09 at 11:28 PM.
    04-02-09 10:50 PM
    Best phone ever, just waiting on a date. <------ripping his hair out....lol!!!
    04-02-09 10:51 PM
    arent we all
    04-02-09 10:52 PM
    Isnt this the touchscreen? haha but in all seriousness i hope this turns out to be better then how the storm started
    04-02-09 10:53 PM
    its not a touch screen
    best phone ever for verizon, and in general for me too since i'm not too willing/able to switch over to att and get the bold. I'm starting to emotionally detach myself from the may release date, and i'm more looking forward to a june/july/august date. My contract for verizon ends 6/20 so i'm really hoping it comes out by then or maybe within 30 days after that. worst comes to worst i'll have to pay retail

[EDIT] before i start getting flamed i only said best phone for verizon because the bold has a faster processing speed
    knew someone wouldnt catch the joke, figured i would try and make a laugh

its not a touch screen
    04-02-09 10:55 PM
    this will be my first bb... can't wait =D
    04-02-09 10:57 PM
    You always have those first 30 days....

best phone ever for verizon, and in general for me too since i'm not too willing/able to switch over to att and get the bold. I'm starting to emotionally detach myself from the may release date, and i'm more looking forward to a june/july/august date. My contract for verizon ends 6/20 so i'm really hoping it comes out by then or maybe within 30 days after that. worst comes to worst i'll have to pay retail

[EDIT] before i start getting flamed i only said best phone for verizon because the bold has a faster processing speed
    04-02-09 10:57 PM
    I hope this phone turns out really good. I hope they don't rush it with a very buggy OS. And it's a success. But the most important thing right now is performance. I hope it's close to the Bold if not better. I'll soon find out.

04-02-09 11:01 PM
    do you know if there's any kind of loophole or something i can do to drag out the 30 days just in case? haha. I read somewhere on another forum when someone was talking about a way to do it but i can't seem to find it now
    04-02-09 11:03 PM
    I hope this phone turns out really good. I hope they don't rush it with a very buggy OS. And it's a success. But the most important thing right now is performance. I hope it's close to the Bold if not better. I'll soon find out.

I wont be but its a good point to bring up how stable the OS will be with the release, RIM really needs to make this one SHINE...
    04-02-09 11:04 PM
    I'm not really sure if there is, you could always tell them you are undecided and see where that takes you......

[EDIT] This thread needs to be stickied! This has great potential for good info!

do you know if there's any kind of loophole or something i can do to drag out the 30 days just in case? haha. I read somewhere on another forum when someone was talking about a way to do it but i can't seem to find it now
    Last edited by Stiefler07; 04-02-09 at 11:09 PM.
    04-02-09 11:05 PM
    I wont be but its a good point to bring up how stable the OS will be with the release, RIM really needs to make this one SHINE...
    It's not RIMs responsiblity to release this phone with a good OS. It's up to Verizon, RIM gives them the OS and it's on Verizons end to decide what OS to release it with. But I think both companies are trying their hardest on this phone.
    04-02-09 11:31 PM
    But RIM is the one who should make a great effect to make a very good OS for Verizon to release it with, and hopefully they are doing a good job getting everything around for the release...

It's not RIMs responsiblity to release this phone with a good OS. It's up to Verizon, RIM gives them the OS and it's on Verizons end to decide what OS to release it with. But I think both companies are trying their hardest on this phone.
    04-02-09 11:33 PM
    I'm really enjoying the wait its really reminding me of the "chase" for the storm. Ah those were the days.

04-02-09 11:37 PM
    I can't wait for this phone to come out and get back to a trackball and keyboard. Thinking it'll come out June/July, but still hoping for May
    04-02-09 11:39 PM
    I'm really enjoying the wait its really reminding me of the "chase" for the storm. Ah those were the days.

Even tho i wasnt here for those days, lets hope it ends up better
    04-02-09 11:40 PM
    But RIM is the one who should make a great effect to make a very good OS for Verizon to release it with, and hopefully they are doing a good job getting everything around for the release...
    Oh I'm sure they're doing their best. Just look at the difference between .10 and .15. Only .05 builds higher, and Kevin said there was only a reboot here and there. To me it sounds like RIM is doing a pretty damn good job.
    04-02-09 11:42 PM
    very excited for it i cannot wait for an official date hoping sooner than later! will be payign full retail and can wait to get my hands on one!
    04-03-09 12:25 AM
    well im in the waiting room, where do i take a number from? i think im gonna cut a few people in line...
    04-03-09 02:16 AM
    I will cry if I don't get this phone. I got around $500 waiting for it, seeing as I wasted my upgrade for my busted 8130 on... Another 8130.

But seriously. This phone is killing me a little more every day its not in my hands

04-03-09 03:25 AM
    The odds of anyone owning a pre-release 9630 and being able to the software Kevin did, much less the newer software, so that it will function properly is slim to none. Not easy for people to get access to.

04-03-09 06:01 AM
    Are there any seats left in here? I can't really contribute anything useful anywhere else since I don't actually own a BB yet, so I guess this is the place for me.

So here's a question: Once we have a "real" release date, would it be crazy for a noob like me to get a Curve 20 or so days before the Niagara release just to get used to how BBs work and then switch over while I'm still in my 30 day window? Or is it possible that we're all going to be on waiting lists for this baby for such a long time that I'd have to stay with the Curve if I did that?
    04-03-09 06:10 AM
    Ready and waiting here. This will be my first blackberry too. Cant wait.
    04-03-09 07:02 AM
593 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD