Hey everyone. This is my 1st post so please be patient. I checked for an update on my phone a few minutes ago and I'm now downloading 4.7.1.57 from my phone. Just wanted to inform everyone.
    10-15-09 01:51 PM
    How's it going FutureWifey? My phone found the update as well but it said it was only 20 MB! That and I don't really know how the Wireless Update works or if my data would be retained in the process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 05:06 PM
    Downloaded the update today via DM onto my Sprint Tour. Overall, pretty smooth and very happy that Google Maps now works.

However, I've run into an issue trying to sync using bluetooth. At first DM would just shut down. After repeated tries I decided to do a battery pull. Now when DM tries to do the bluetooh sync I get an error indicating that it can not connect to my device. This is even though DM clearly shows the PIN for the Tour as the connected device. I've checked my Tour bluetooth settings and everything looks fine. In fact, I can play music on the Tour and have the sound play through my computer speakers via bluetooth so the connection is otherwise working fine.

Any clues as to why DM would give error re bluetooth connection ? I can sync fine via usb cable so I'm not sure what is going on. Thx in advance for suggestions.
    10-15-09 07:21 PM
    There are some zipped up versions of the .cod files floating around (see just a few posts above), but since you're a Sprint customer, you shouldn't have to mess with these. When you connect to the DM it should present you with the opportunity to upgrade. Make sure you do backups before you proceed. If you experience the fatal error problem then you'll probably have to perform the sequence of wipe/re-install/upgrade/backup restore steps I've mentioned previously.

As far as I know Sprint is not offering this as an independent download yet, just through the DM.
    Yeah, I learned about backing up things the hard way yesterday! I uploaded the .57 OS, which backed up my info and all, then when messing with my apps and all while browsing through google for java after I had a java error code pop up, my phone bricked out and I couldn't get the phone to re-boot. What sucks is that it only backed up the apps I had from app world, and nothing I got here off crackberry or 3rd party apps. My music and everything else came up, but I pretty much started with what amounts to a phone out of the box with my contacts added, back in the regular precision theme. Needless to say, I spent all night and most of my day trying to get my phone back to normal.
    10-16-09 04:58 PM
    has anyone else noticed that sometimes when alot of features are going off and you have different tones set for each alert i guess the system gets overloaded and makes a weird default noise for all alerts?? then i usually do a battery pull to get my bb to act normal. this never happened before this upgrade. anyone else have this happen?
    10-19-09 02:09 AM
    I loaded this up but it was so slow and laggy.
    I went back to Hybrid 5.0
    10-21-09 02:25 AM
    I loaded this up but it was so slow and laggy.
    I went back to Hybrid 5.0

I'm on 5.0.0.230 and I came from .57.

I am not even running the hybrid and I totally agree.

People who want a faster OS...take the 5.0 dive. I haven't had ONE SINGLE problem with the 5.0 leak. Just a couple apps that aren't compatible yet, but that's not a "problem" in my book. 99% of the apps I have transferred over just fine.
    10-21-09 03:12 AM
    I'm on 5.0.0.230 and I came from .57.

I am not even running the hybrid and I totally agree.

People who want a faster OS...take the 5.0 dive. I haven't had ONE SINGLE problem with the 5.0 leak. Just a couple apps that aren't compatible yet, but that's not a "problem" in my book. 99% of the apps I have transferred over just fine.
    I loaded the Latest Hybrid now I recommend it
    10-21-09 03:35 AM
    I loaded the Latest Hybrid now I recommend it

I've been looking at it. It's the one by irtehun, right?
    10-21-09 04:22 AM
    I also had a fatal error installing the system, when the bb started i just got an error that read something about missing info, and would not go anywhere. So i reinstalled 4.7.1.60, and am leery of trying to reinstall .57 again. Oh yeah, i have never even touched a blackberry till my tour, which i picked up monday the 19th, and this happened tuesday. any suggestions?
    10-23-09 02:34 AM
    something i have noticed on the bbm5.0. before when i would send a pic to someone it wouldnt ask for them to accept it. it was simply view or cancel. now u must accept it and then it saves to my photo files. to top it off, when i get a photo sent to me and save it it doesnt show up. is there a way to correct this?
    10-24-09 12:55 AM
    something i have noticed on the bbm5.0. before when i would send a pic to someone it wouldnt ask for them to accept it. it was simply view or cancel. now u must accept it and then it saves to my photo files. to top it off, when i get a photo sent to me and save it it doesnt show up. is there a way to correct this?
    Nope..that's exactly why I haven't gotten BBM 5.0 back...cuz that sucks....they made it more complicated to receive a dang picture than make it simple...I hate change like that...just my opinion...when OS 5.0 official rolls out, ill be hoping I can keep 4.7 BBM...can't stand BBM 5.0.
    10-24-09 01:20 AM
    R u having n e problems w 5.0??????

i have the spritn tour and got the email for it but i am runign the leaked 5.0 and im not sure if i shoudl download it. anyone try it and think i should vs 5.0?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 09:36 PM
463 ... 171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD