Just read a review on PC World saying that the Tour is going to be loaded the NEW BB messenger. I havent heard this anywhere else. I thought it was just going to be on the new 5.0 OS. Hmmm....
    07-08-09 04:28 PM
    Hmm im not too sure about this becuase from all the reviews i have read, its not shipping with the new bbm.. The new bbm is suppose to be a part of the 5.0 OS which isn't going to be out till later in the summer, or early fall
    07-08-09 04:32 PM
    Just read a review on PC World saying that the Tour is going to be loaded the NEW BB messenger. I havent heard this anywhere else. I thought it was just going to be on the new 5.0 OS. Hmmm....

I've read about that but unfortunately it won't be the version upgrade that'll be included in the 5.0 OS. Just the addition of a few extra smileys,etc....
    07-08-09 04:37 PM
    From Engadget:

Die-hard BlackBerry users will be interested to hear that the Tour is packing a new build of the completely addicting BlackBerry Messenger. Sadly, it isn't the same feature-packed build that has been seen floating around with the more recent OS 5.0, but it's a step up from anything available on 4.5. It has a cleaner UI, a more extensive smiley collection, and functionality to send your location using the built-in GPS. When you send location, if the recipient is using OS 4.6 or 4.7, a preview of the map shows up; for users on older devices, a fairly useless BlackBerry Maps URL is sent instead.

07-08-09 04:43 PM
    This is what I found.......

The biggest update in the unit's software is the latest version of the BlackBerry Messenger, which comes preloaded on the Tour. This app has a spruced-up interface that's easier to use, more emoticons to choose from, and the ability to display your location via GPS.
    07-08-09 04:45 PM
    Looks exactly the same as the BBM on the Storm. My bbm has the location feature and such

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 04:46 PM
    It's "new" compared to BBM on OS 4.5. The OS 4.6 BBM is substantially the same, but since no Verizon or Sprint BlackBerry uses 4.6 (it's only on the Bold and Curve 8900), it's still "new" to Verizon and Sprint.
    07-08-09 04:55 PM
    This is what I found.......

The biggest update in the unit's software is the latest version of the BlackBerry Messenger, which comes preloaded on the Tour. This app has a spruced-up interface that's easier to use, more emoticons to choose from, and the ability to display your location via GPS.

Can you provide us with the info on where you found this? Are you talking about the same bbm format as the pics that are on this thread? or the OS 5.0 version bbm?
    07-08-09 04:57 PM
    It appears to bea the same BBM as the storm. I always forget were the only ones on 4.7 lol. Its pretty much the same just visual enhancements and the location sharing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 08:09 PM
    Yeah its 4.7.1.xxx so it will be same BBM as the Storm , as the tour will not launch on 5.0 so it cant have the "new" BBM
    07-08-09 08:40 PM
    When I googled "tour 9630" It found it on PC World site.
    07-08-09 09:40 PM
    I'm loving my 2-day-old Verizon Tour EXCEPT for BB Messenger because I can't get the font to enlarge or darken. With the 8830 the messenger font matched email and calendar, etc. With 9630 nothing I do to the font changes at all so it is too small and pale for tired eyes. Any thoughts?
    07-14-09 09:29 AM
    It's "new" compared to BBM on OS 4.5. The OS 4.6 BBM is substantially the same, but since no Verizon or Sprint BlackBerry uses 4.6 (it's only on the Bold and Curve 8900), it's still "new" to Verizon and Sprint.
    The Pearl Flip 8230 runs OS 4.6.
    07-14-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD