Sheesh, now the 9630 forums are even at the end of life. Double the posts or more for 9650 and nothing good for the 9630's.

Feel like Im using an 7XXX model and only bought this last year. They still sell the Tour, but doesn't it seem like its slowly fading away?

A new Leak would make me feel better...I can't go out and get the 9650, so I need something new here! lol...its getting lonely in 9630ville!
    06-03-10 10:31 AM
    I'm still here
    06-03-10 10:37 AM
    I love my Tour. Vive la Tour!

The 9650 owners can bite me. (Until I get one, then vive la Bold! Lol)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 10:37 AM
    I'm still here
    Sticking with the Tour? NICE!

Someone else said on here, we own Limited edition bb! lol...nice way of putting it.
    06-03-10 10:41 AM
    I am starting to like my 9630. Wonder if the Track Pad will work as well as my
    Trak Ball? WiFi would be nice......have to go try it out in the store.
    06-03-10 10:45 AM
    I plan on using mine until it dies. I would get another one as long as the trackball worked.
    06-03-10 10:45 AM
    I love my Tour...and it is somewhat a limited edition. But RIM & Verizon (or whatever carrier you are using) should continue to support this phone. I do feel kind of played that they would axe the Tour this quickly...

06-03-10 10:50 AM
    Sticking with the Tour? NICE!

Someone else said on here, we own Limited edition bb! lol...nice way of putting it.
    Yep for now......It works, that's all that matters... Little better OS then what we have seen would be cool, but I am good
    06-03-10 10:51 AM
    Its a great phone, or has been for me. I will admit, I used someones 8530, and the tracpad is sweet...but otherwise, i love this phone...and yep, they should keep updating this os. Sorry, but it's too new to just drop it like a bad habit!

Damn trackballs! lol.
    06-03-10 10:55 AM
    Sheesh, now the 9630 forums are even at the end of life. Double the posts or more for 9650 and nothing good for the 9630's.

Feel like Im using an 7XXX model and only bought this last year. They still sell the Tour, but doesn't it seem like its slowly fading away?

A new Leak would make me feel better...I can't go out and get the 9650, so I need something new here! lol...its getting lonely in 9630ville!

I just got mine Tuesday, so I will be here for a while with ya! The 9650 is nice but I am not upgrade eligible for another 8 months, and I'm not adding another line just for the heck of it.

I like the 643 leak, but I agree, something higher would be great.
    06-03-10 11:25 AM
    I like my Tour alot. But come NE2 time for me, perhaps I will get a Bold. My Tour is unlocked and it seems I might be able to Net 0 for the bold, but who knows.

Tour until it dies. Then we'll see what is happening at that time......

We'll probably have the Bold 4G LTE whatever you wanna call it by then.......
    06-03-10 11:36 AM
    Tour until it dies. Then we'll see what is happening at that time......

We'll probably have the Bold 4G LTE whatever you wanna call it by then.......
    I'm not going anywhere, I'm a big fan of the Tour, and I love mine as well. I feel no need what so ever to switch to a newer device. I thought about it for about 3 seconds last night...

I love my Tour, it's a fantastic device and I think that it got a bad rap from the beginning due to some teething issues .
    06-03-10 12:02 PM
    I love my Tour also, but I think I messed up the phone with all the drops and bathes in water that I gave it.

BTW- Rice works every time!!!
    06-03-10 06:33 PM
    ...and i actually just got one out of doing replacements from storms and storm 2's love it so far seems like i finally got a phone that works..
    06-03-10 07:16 PM
    I've only had mine for a month, and I adore it. He's not going anywhere anytime soon

btw, I want that dog, berryfit
    06-03-10 08:36 PM
    Blackberry really did us in on the Tour. The Tour was the first upgrade from the 8830 WE in many years, so anyone needing a world phone lept for this phone. There were the higher than number issues with the trackball that gave this phone a huge black mark. However, no sooner was the Tour released than the rumbles of the "Tour 2" came out... more memory, wi-fi, trackpad. Now we find out that there will be no OS6 for the Tour either. WHAT?! Really? A phone that's not even a year old cannot have OS6? The Tour was RELEASED at EOL!

I've enjoyed my run with BB, but this is the last straw. I'm moving to an Android phone after this one. BB has lost my confidence, and my business.
    06-03-10 08:38 PM
    Hate to say it considering how much time I invested in tracking the 9630, but I'm really starting to look forward to my upgrade date so I can finally try out Android.

Also, is anyone going to try and see if they can get Verizon to hand them over a 9650 if their Tour has been "nuked" or has a "defective trackball"? I know the likelihood of that happening is very, very, VERY slim, but I'm all ears if anyone has got a top secret plan.
    Last edited by jorGeorge; 06-03-10 at 09:32 PM.
    06-03-10 09:26 PM
    Got another year on my contract and then I'll try something else. It's like leasing a new car, I never get the same one twice.
    06-04-10 09:43 AM
    I too spent months researching the Tour. I even waited outside of the store to buy it on release day. I love the Tour, but I will jump to the Bold as soon as I can. I hit my golf bag with a club the other day, forgetting my Tour was in there. I kind of mangled the top row of buttons. I tried to get an insurance replacement, and they said they were out. That worries my about keeping the Tour. I am going to call my business rep today and see if she will early upgrade me to a Bold. The Tour is good, but the Bold is better
    06-04-10 10:28 AM
    I'm still here with the Tour as well. I actually have an upgrade due this month but i'm going to save it. I don't see the 9650 worth using my upgrade on and spending cash. The few additions aren't justifiable to me. And my Tour works great and always has so no point in ditching it.
    06-04-10 10:34 AM
    I love my tour too

06-04-10 10:42 AM
    Still loving my Tour and wont even think about a new BB until my NE2 next spring. Until then, viva la Tour!
    06-04-10 11:37 AM
    The 9650 seems like a good upgrade if you want the same phone, but its going to be the same with the new bold I think. Its the first of its kind with hi res screen, 512 memory, wifi and trackpad.

So Im sure within the year, they will come out with a much better version. You'll hear all the 9650 owners singing the same song we are in about 6 months...lol
    06-04-10 11:55 AM

btw, I want that dog, berryfit
    That dog was actually voted the worlds ugliest dog a few years ago. I thought he needed some exposure! lol...he's one unique pup, that's for sure.
    06-04-10 11:56 AM
    The Tour is a great device. Even if the carriers stop selling it, it is still one of the best BBs out there today. It is the only device that I have had in a while that I am considering keeping for the length of my contract. I have zero issues with the device itself. Most trouble free experience I have ever had. And it looks sweet. The construction of the device is flawless. I know that there are people out there that have had issues with their trackball, but I haven't experienced those issues. It is truly a classic device.

06-04-10 12:09 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD