Back in my 8330 days Weather underground radar would load full screen. Now with the Tour this is the result. Anyone else have this issue... I have verified and changed settings and still same result.... Any info I would appreciate it.

Thx

08-01-09 06:57 PM
    used to love that it was FS on my Touch Pro...SO far the pros outweight the cons though, in for the answer.
    08-02-09 03:30 AM
    Hey, you have some of the best parts of the country on your radar! (My hometown area is on there.)

I can get it full screen. Went to WU>mobile>entered my zip> scrolled below forecast to the radar screen>Zoom into radar image>got full screen radar.

Is that how you're accessing WU?

And I gotta ask why you named your phone Tut?
    08-02-09 04:54 AM
    perinklemoon,

Are you using the animated radar that is zoomed? Or non animated.

Reason I am asking is the non animated radar shows up full screen for me, but animated one is small, never was that way with the 8330. Just seems old and figured i would ask...

As for Tut LMAO!!!!!! It should have said Tour Sorry.... Cool name I guess.
    08-02-09 10:37 AM
    Did you change screen size in link to 480x330 ?

delay=15&width=480&height=330&newmaps=1&r=12443932 82
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-02-09 at 10:48 AM.
    08-02-09 10:44 AM
    perinklemoon,

Are you using the animated radar that is zoomed? Or non animated.

Reason I am asking is the non animated radar shows up full screen for me, but animated one is small, never was that way with the 8330. Just seems old and figured i would ask...

As for Tut LMAO!!!!!! It should have said Tour Sorry.... Cool name I guess.
    I was using static radar when I got full screen above.
    When I went to animated zoom just now I got the same thing you did, it's only on the left portion of the screen. Odd and annoying.

I used to use WU all the time but have found AccuWeather mobile much easier, their animated radar is great.

And from this day forward your phone will be known as Tut.
    08-02-09 03:12 PM
    Did you change screen size in link to 480x330 ?

delay=15&width=480&height=330&newmaps=1&r=12443932 82
    No i have another question about Berryweather, PM me your email..

This problem above is just with the regular browser.
    08-02-09 08:31 PM

And from this day forward your phone will be known as Tut.
    LMAO!!!! Thanks for the testing, weird huh? not sure why it does that....

Again I appreciate the help.
    08-02-09 08:32 PM
    Try their mobile site. (top right corner of the home page).

It works for me.
    08-02-09 08:50 PM
    screen resolution on curve is less than that of the tour
    08-02-09 09:44 PM
    Try their mobile site. (top right corner of the home page).

It works for me.
    screen resolution on curve is less than that of the tour
    Correct but why will the standard non animated one work full screen and the mobile does not....

The web page should adapt.
    08-03-09 07:12 AM
    Yester18, I know I'm getting in to this late, but how are you trying to view the radar again? Full site, then following which links? I can't recreate an image like the one you put in the first post.
    08-03-09 08:31 AM
    tnt118, try this (cuz I got what yester got and am curious if you get it too)

Go to WU site Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground
    click mobile upper right corner
    enter zip
    scroll below text area of forecast to the radar screen
    Below radar click Zoom into animated radar image

Oh, wait a minute. I just did those steps on my PC and the animated radar image renders smaller on my monitor than the stationery image. The resolution is different. Unless the web page should adapt for BB as yester said? (I'm not an expert by any means on BB browser or other mobile browsers, so I'm learning something here )

Zoom into radar image = 468x500
    Zoom into Animated radar image= 230 x 230
    08-03-09 09:59 AM
    Yeah, when accessing from the mobile site I see how the animated radar is pretty small, the stationary radar is a good bit bigger but still not a good fit for the screen. I get the same results on the phone as I do the PC.

Here's what I do, that some of you may be willing to try on your own. I got this info from user jmwking over on Howard Forums, and it works fantastically on the Tour once you set it up.

It is possible to brute force the URL's for the maps at Weather Underground, meaning you can manually make changes to the URL until you've customized it to exactly what you want. From the tips he provided, I made several custom animated radars for where I live (currently Norfolk, VA). Try this link to see what I'm talking about.

Because I'm originally from Pittsburgh, and still have family there, I put together a map for that area as well. Here's the link. It's tough to tell until some storms do come through, but I think that URL will show storm tracks and watches/warnings. It's possible to turn those off by changing the URL if you prefer.

So long story short, I've found it infinitely better to bookmark this custom radar view than to go through the steps at weatherunderground.

The trickiest thing is that latitude and longitude are not at a 1:1 ratio, meaning as you start moving the map around, you can accidentally, and easily, change the proportion so that it is "squished" in one direction or another. For example, as I was playing with the zoom, I found that a change of .2 in the lat required a change of .3 in the long to stay approximately even -- and this varies even more depending on how far north you are working with.
    Last edited by tnt118; 08-03-09 at 10:14 AM.
    08-03-09 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD